Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot imagine that they would use some kind of transparent OLED technology. It is so new and expensive not to mention has a smokey color in the transparency.

They could however do a Nemo style peppers ghost I suppose. Hmmmm....

If the train used OLEDs, the ticket increase next year would be to $189 :lol:

And I'm still pretty shocked he's so forward with all this information...

^ Yes do! But I am not sure it would show there as I feel this is probably off site work (there ain't nothing built for them to transform or theme). Maybe it is for waterfront, choo choo station, a mockup (which I doubt) and worse case, Japan? I dunno... but it is Potter related and I was given the impression 'a big project'.

^but it will eventually be brought on site. Like now, ModelWerks is building food/beverage carts for IoA and a Notice of Commencement was filed. Guess we'll see though. We missed all of this last time.

Nassal has a lot to keep themselves busy with for a while.

Um, ModelWerks assembled them on site... I don't believe the paperwork was for building them back in the shop.

^ have you been searching Nassal on permits? I never thought to do that. Duh me.

Last edited:
Um, ModelWerks assembled them on site... I don't believe the paperwork was for building them back in the shop.

^ have you been searching Nassal on permits? I never thought to do that. Duh me.

I don't understand the rules of permits, so I apologize when I get things wrong.

I haven't, but that's a good idea.

Last edited:
Haven't been on the boards till recently to check on any information about Jaws going down so here we go:

- Hearing that supposedly it is going to be Phase II of Potter, I'm dissapointed to say the least. I never had an issue with the Potter series or WWOHP, but I feel in doing this, it would be straight up overkill. Why not just get rid of the rest of LC and expand there? I can answer my own question in saying that there will be more room, but come on, we don't need Potter in both parks!
- Whoever is giving us details on the project on some other forum, I'd hold my breath until Universal makes an announcement...or at least thats what I'm doing in hoping this isn't true haha

-Cusi

Haven't been on the boards till recently to check on any information about Jaws going down so here we go:

- Hearing that supposedly it is going to be Phase II of Potter, I'm dissapointed to say the least. I never had an issue with the Potter series or WWOHP, but I feel in doing this, it would be straight up overkill. Why not just get rid of the rest of LC and expand there? I can answer my own question in saying that there will be more room, but come on, we don't need Potter in both parks!
- Whoever is giving us details on the project on some other forum, I'd hold my breath until Universal makes an announcement...or at least thats what I'm doing in hoping this isn't true haha

-Cusi

You're one of the few who is disappointed IMHO, yea it sucked to lose Jaws, but we're going to get a highly detailed expansion with at least 2 new rides, not to mention I'm sure an expanded Ollivanders as well. No complaints here :thumbs:

we should have new aerials around six tonight thanks to scuttle at wdwmagic

"^thanks so much! anything happening over at the former jaws site?
Yes it's completely leveled and looks to be several acres of land. I didnt get great pictures of the area, but you can totally see where the hogwarts is going to go right down the backstage street and meet into HP1."

Permit update:

Project 7542 was issued today. That means they can begin the layout for the foundation of whatever it is (Gringotts.)

foundation layout and details for primary structural system including below grade concrete pits, through wall penetration details and waterproofing details

Thought I would give you some insight into the term "concrete pits". I have never seen such complex grading for a single building. Below are the submitted water management plans. The blue outline is the show building (based on a not shown drawing from the same plans). The darkest gray lines side by side show grading height changes, 5-7 feet in difference overall. Note that it is inside the building. Wild.

Picture-8-1.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.