Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would give you some insight into the term "concrete pits". I have never seen such complex grading for a single building. Below are the submitted water management plans. The blue outline is the show building (based on a not shown drawing from the same plans). The darkest gray lines side by side show grading height changes, 5-7 feet in difference overall. Note that it is inside the building. Wild.

Picture-8.png

So, in your opinion, could the permit be Gringotts?

ETA: I couldn't see the picture when I posted because photobucket is blocked at school. Annoying on my end, and totally not your fault

Last edited:
It's fit for lots of track within a sizable (both vertically and horizontally) space, so I definitely think it's Gringotts. The extrusion Teebin made a short while ago clearly showed the curved street of Diagon Alley leading up to the triangularly-shaped Gringotts building.

Aerial 14 lower far left... note the slope down into the area, far below backstage grade. Not sure why that hasn't yet been filled or if it will be.

UPDATE: Right now it is going downhill when in the end, it will go UPhill. They have a TON of fill to bring in. Pathway is at 105' and yet most of the main drag (diagon) will be rising to 113'. Cool cool.

Last edited:
It is Gringotts. The mentioned pits probably go deeper much like HRRR. It is a good solution for building a taller coaster-type ride without making the building taller.

Excuse me I was referring to the heights you have listed, are those from the roof to the foundation?

Excuse me I was referring to the heights you have listed, are those from the roof to the foundation?

Um, that quote was to ReelJustice. Regarding the numbers that I placed on the image today(new/updated). Those are the grading depths inside the building. The height of the graded sand not the buildings, I don't have the plans for those (yet). Thought that the image was vague without actual numbers so I updated, so if anyone saw it yesterday, it has the three heights today... scroll up to see.

Ok I see it now thanks, and yeah when I said excuse me it was because I editing my original question not because of your other quote.

Ok I see it now thanks, and yeah when I said excuse me it was because I editing my original question not because of your other quote.

NP! :wave:

BTW: I believe I was incorrect about the current grading entrance drive "sloping downhill". The sand/soils are of different colors and the darker fill only makes it appear it is sloping down. An illusion. So most of the site is at 105', backstage height.

Too, I got all excited about the 'construction fence' permit. But now I see there is already a fence. So, are they going to build a taller fence or is the new fence going elsewhere in the same area?

Last edited:
what was that scrapyard that had all those Potter props just laying out in the open during construction of WWOHP? Has anyone driven by there to see if any new props are being made?

what was that scrapyard that had all those Potter props just laying out in the open during construction of WWOHP? Has anyone driven by there to see if any new props are being made?

There were two locations, one was the Nassal Co headquarters that has many dingy buildings. The other location was Uni property south of IOA, which was where all the Nassal creations were moved to as a staging ground. Nothing but a big field.

Status
Not open for further replies.