Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 200 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
This has been mentioned on these boards before (ahem). I'm not sure why we all of a sudden assumed FFL was going to get replaced.
With how free Comcast has been with spending on the parks lately, nothing is out of the question.

How expensive is FFL for them to run? It looks like they have prioritised things that are missing or are talking up a lot of room while being expensive. Since Jaws took up a huge amount of land and it cost them an arm and a leg to run, so its getting replaces, transformers is replacing a empty soundstage and the Simpsons area is going to improve on an area that is lacking. So if FFL is fairly cheap to run they may of but it back a bit down the priority line, as it also takes up very little space and wouldn't take much time to change it up if they wish.

FFL is expensive to run I'm sure but it brings in the "all important to the theme park economy right now" Brazilian tourists like you wouldn't believe. :thumbs: and what do Brazilians do when they are in the parks...they spend money. They spend more per person than the domestic and European tourists do. So really for Universal it's a win win situation. FFL is right by The Simpsons and MIB and there is tons of merch there for them to buy. Not to mention the overpriced carnival games for them to play as well. I'm not paying $5 for 3 chances at tossing a wiffle ball into a oversized laundry basket...some will though. Even if the prize is a stuffed pig from the Simpsons movie. :thumbs: So having a show based on action which while we don't like it..makes sense to Uni. Bring the Brazilians and they'll bring their wallets. :cheers:

I forgot about the fact you guys get the Brazilian tourists. Over here we have the Japanese instead. How do the Brazilians feel about Bond, because it would be really good to see it join the london section replacing FFL.

Trust me...I'd rather have the Japanese tourists. They are more polite,never jump queue lines and know what it means to have proper hygiene. :thumbs: I have never in all my 28 years here in Orlando ever had a Japanese tourist ask me in broken English if I speak Japanese. I get asked all the time by BraziIians in very broken English if i speak Spanish :doh: Oh the stories I could write about how rude and pushy those Brazilians are but it's mainly just tour groups that are obnoxious,loud and ill mannered. However Visit Orlando thinks the.BraziIians spend more than any other tourist group so they promote Orlando very heavily in Brazil. I met a very nice couple from Tokyo one night at Horror Nights who absolutely adored Orlando...tourists like that we need here..but unfortunately like some of the other forum sites we get mostly jerks and jabronies. :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

And as for a James Bond stunt show replacing FFL...YES PLEASE! :happy: Now THAT would be a show I would always see at least once per trip to USF :cheers:

Glad it's finally official! And not sure what negative stuff you could possibly be reading on Disney boards, when they just got their clone of a CA ride this year in Mermaid. :huh:

Lol I read a "I am so tired of Universal cloning the California park" but he was so quickly bombarded by people sticking up for Universal, it was amazing. All the Disney-focused sites I read are also acknowledging the success of Uni lately, with a few "It's just Spiderman!"s here and there.

Glad it's finally official! And not sure what negative stuff you could possibly be reading on Disney boards, when they just got their clone of a CA ride this year in Mermaid. :huh:

I saw a bunch of people on Twitter bashing the announcement and the ride in general. Heard everything from "the StarWars announcement has made this announcement an after thought" which is dumb because the SW announcement wasn't really about theme parks at this point. Now it will be exciting and huge news for us when we get a SW announcement for park additions. Also heard how having the same ride type next door is a bad thing and dumb on Universals part, which is another dumb statement. Disney has multiple roller coasters, omni movers and dumbo type spinners in the same park and its not really a big deal. I even saw the comments about Universal is being cheap and building a clone. :bang:

I've never understood the "Fear Factor HAS to run for 2 more years stuff". Just take the performers' contracts and move them somewhere else.

Anyway, I can't stop watching the video from last night. What a heart pumping, exciting way to announce an addition. Can't wait for the WWoHP version.

I saw a bunch of people on Twitter bashing the announcement and the ride in general. Heard everything from "the StarWars announcement has made this announcement an after thought" which is dumb because the SW announcement wasn't really about theme parks at this point. Now it will be exciting and huge news for us when we get a SW announcement for park additions. Also heard how having the same ride type next door is a bad thing and dumb on Universals part, which is another dumb statement. Disney has multiple roller coasters, omni movers and dumbo type spinners in the same park and its not really a big deal. I even saw the comments about Universal is being cheap and building a clone. :bang:

I'm writing a blog post about this right now, but I think it's funny, because "They're building a clone" is a very narrow way of looking at it, with all the other parts considered.

- - - Updated - - -

Just recieved a call from Optimus Prime. Decepticon scum are heading to Universal Orlando and we must prepare for battle.

Sometimes I hate you.:fist::lol:

That was such an amazingly cool way for a park to make an announcement! Only bad part about it was the fact I wasnt there in person to see it :lol:

I know! I'm going to try and get into the grand opening. If it's as epic as the Hollywood one, I will not be missing it.

And I'm going when they announce Potter too.:lol:

I'm writing a blog post about this right now, but I think it's funny, because "They're building a clone" is a very narrow way of looking at it, with all the other parts considered.
- - - Updated - - -
:

Cloning is just part of how these theme parks owners operate and always will be. Heck WDW is sorta kinda in a way a clone of Disneyland in so aspects. So the argument of cloning stuff is just dumb whether a WDW fanboy or Uni fanboy. The only part that gets under my skin are the DIS fanboys who are better off financially than others and have the attitude that a ride shouldn't be brought across the country at all and if someone isnt able to fly to the opposite coast than tuff cookies on them, ive seen a few mentalities like that on Twitter in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

I know! I'm going to try and get into the grand opening. If it's as epic as the Hollywood one, I will not be missing it.

And I'm going when they announce Potter too.:lol:

I really need to get up there for that grand opening also is its anywhere close to what Hollywood did. Only problem though is I think in order to get close you had to be media so not sure how they will set it up here.

Trust me...I'd rather have the Japanese tourists. They are more polite,never jump queue lines and know what it means to have proper hygiene. :thumbs: I have never in all my 28 years here in Orlando ever had a Japanese tourist ask me in broken English if I speak Japanese. I get asked all the time by BraziIians in very broken English if i speak Spanish :doh: Oh the stories I could write about how rude and pushy those Brazilians are but it's mainly just tour groups that are obnoxious,loud and ill mannered. However Visit Orlando thinks the.BraziIians spend more than any other tourist group so they promote Orlando very heavily in Brazil. I met a very nice couple from Tokyo one night at Horror Nights who absolutely adored Orlando...tourists like that we need here..but unfortunately like some of the other forum sites we get mostly jerks and jabronies. :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

And as for a James Bond stunt show replacing FFL...YES PLEASE! :happy: Now THAT would be a show I would always see at least once per trip to USF :cheers:

Why would Brazilians ask if you speak Spanish when they speak Portuguese?

Gotta love these people on Universal's page trying to figure out where this is going...SOme say Jaws, some say replacing E.T. etc...and so i try and tell them where its going but I guess Im just another one of those guys with information nobody believes :bang:

As far as that bumblebee statue goes, Im so glad I chose this weekend to go to USF/IOA. lol

Gotta love these people on Universal's page trying to figure out where this is going...SOme say Jaws, some say replacing E.T. etc...and so i try and tell them where its going but I guess Im just another one of those guys with information nobody believes :bang:

People on Facebook are hopeless. Many that I read last night thought Singapore is in Japan.