Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
So basicly movements of the car is what can change, as long as it ends up in front of A screen at the right time?

But, how are we going to be the first with an 80 foot screen when this is a carbon copy of the others? Besides, isn't kong3603D :)lol: Love that name) much, much bigger than that?

They must be talking strictly height. I know the Kong screens are 200 ft long, but I'm not sure on the height. I'd guess less than 80 though.

Teasers - Will have more tomorrow . . .

Transformers-001.jpg

Transformers-002.jpg

Transformers-003.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm assuming the 80 footer is one screen that spans through both floors of the building? The individual stories definitely aren't 80 ft tall are they? I'm confused...

The 80 ft screen is where the transition takes place from the first to second floor, and then back down.

The 80 ft screen is where the transition takes place from the first to second floor, and then back down.

Yeah, but this is making it seem as if this is a new screen, when this was probably used in hollywood/singapore. That part seems odd, especially since in the making of video ILM designers pointed out the size of the screen was a big factor in how they built scenes.

Oh right thanks, I knew it had to cover more than one floor for that size. Does anyone know how is this particular segment is projected? Im just trying to picture how they do it with the RV moving up the screen. Maybe the projectors themselves are on the elevator lifts behind the RV?

I'm assuming their the sound proof panels, but the panels that wrap the entire Transformers building have been delivered. Their sitting behind Hard Rock Cafe now.

Here's a video of the teasers I took that Universal was playing in the parks before the announcement.
[video=youtube;RouIBMJH26c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RouIBMJH26c[/video]

Reactions: BJCool
^That's really creative. And apparently a lot of fans on Twitter and Facebook and the such are griping about this replacing Jaws :lol:

Yes. I just peed myself a little.

Holy crappppp I really hope that over the next few days they play this before CS. My word that was awesome!!Suprised that nothing was said of Springfield or FFL but really really REALLY glad that the outerstructure will be different! SO excited to see these stilt walkers saturday if they're out n about

FFL will be returning unfortunately on Nov. 11 and will be around for two more years. It pays to know the team members of the parks you frequent who happen to work at FFL. :cheers:

This has been mentioned on these boards before (ahem). I'm not sure why we all of a sudden assumed FFL was going to get replaced.