Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Simply the best new attraction presentation ever! It was AWESOME!! Glad I got to meet a few of you :lol:

God I hate this franchise. If it's anything like Spidey though, I'm on board.

To be fair...Transformers is much more than the three movies. Yes, the aesthetic here is based on the movies, but there's very little else of them in here, IMO

- - - Updated - - -

From Behind the Thrills:

#Transformers will feature the first ever 80 foot 3D screen on any theme park ride, only at @UniversalORL

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD. Sorry don't know where that came from. But it was SOOOOOO awesome to come home to see no SS 44 thread, but instead this! And that presentation was awesome! And just the reaction of the crowd when the Transformers logo appeared. Just a truly epic moment (even if it was behind a computer screen for me), and I'm glad I was able to experience from beginning to now with the best discussion board I have had the privilege of being a part of.

This is how I feel.

Plus, it's not like it's replacing anything... it's a complete addition to the park. I'm curious to see how it's laid out and how it will effect crowds in those relatively small areas it's near, but I'm actually looking forward to this. And I hate Transformers.

To be fair...Transformers is much more than the three movies. Yes, the aesthetic here is based on the movies, but there's very little else of them in here, IMO
:

Even so, the movies suffered because of terrible scripts and the belittling of the Transformers themselves as secondary characters. I'm pretty sure here they will be the stars of the show. And honestly, you have to have very veeery poor writing to mess up a ride's storyline. I think this attraction will be pretty cool.

I really dislike what Michael Bay has done to Transformers as well, but the concept is still incredibly cool. Reviews from the ride with people who have the same opinion of the movies as we do, is that this is the best transformers movie ever.

I'm on board the "Screw Micheal Bay, but This will be Epic" train :lol:

Really, really cool preview video they put together. And the first ever screens? Wow.

But come on. Is anybody worse at spoiling announcements than Universal?:doh:

Well to be fair Fox spoiled it earlier today, and if were talking spoilers uhhh I wonder where the first talks of the ride coming here started?? Hmmm I wonder....

Hi All,

New person here. I'm trying to play catch up. With that in mind, I just viewed some of your comments and was wondering, how do we know the facade and parts of the ride are different? Was that part of the announcement? Where do I go to view or read this? Btw, you guys on this forum are awesome :)

Hi All,

New person here. I'm trying to play catch up. With that in mind, I just viewed some of your comments and was wondering, how do we know the facade and parts of the ride are different? Was that part of the announcement? Where do I go to view or read this? Btw, you guys on this forum are awesome :)
I assume we'll be seeing more with the designers tomorrow

But, how are we going to be the first with an 80 foot screen when this is a carbon copy of the others? Besides, isn't kong3603D :)lol: Love that name) much, much bigger than that?