Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Glad it's finally official! And not sure what negative stuff you could possibly be reading on Disney boards, when they just got their clone of a CA ride this year in Mermaid. :huh:

And their criticism is neverending:

• It's a clone.
  • It's another screen-based attraction.
  • It's another 3D attraction.
  • It's one more ride with a height limit.
  • It's too much like Spider-Man.
  • It'll make Uni want to get rid of Spider-Man. (Yeah, sure they will.......)
  • It's based on a terrible movie franchise.
  • It's a ride based on robots but's their no AA transformers in the ride.
  • Universal is dumb for making rides of others' IPs. (Um....Star Wars/Avatar)
  • And the best one of them all: THEY TOOK OUT JAWS FOR THIS!

And to all of that BS, all I can say is that Uni is building a top notch E-ticket attraction in under a year and is located on what was previously wasted space. :wave:

Isn't Avatar a planned screen-based attraction? :lol:

Apologists will always have something to knock. Cuts both ways though. Same can be said when Universal fans were down-playing Star Wars coming to the parks.

Fanboys are everywhere, I personally don't like the Transformers movies. I'll maybe watch it and be on my laptop but I'm pretty stoked for this. It's an e-ticket ride and is being built upon a deserted sound-stage, why complain?

1k Posts w00p! I need to get a life :lol:

Last edited:
And their criticism is neverending:

• It's a clone.
  • It's another screen-based attraction.
  • It's another 3D attraction.
  • It's one more ride with a height limit.
    [*]It's too much like Spider-Man.
  • It'll make Uni want to get rid of Spider-Man. (Yeah, sure they will.......)
  • It's based on a terrible movie franchise.
  • It's a ride based on robots but's their no AA transformers in the ride.
  • Universal is dumb for making rides of others' IPs. (Um....Star Wars/Avatar)
  • And the best one of them all: THEY TOOK OUT JAWS FOR THIS!

And to all of that BS, all I can say is that Uni is building a top notch E-ticket attraction in under a year and is located on what was previously wasted space. :wave:

To be fair, this is a criticism I had too when the rumors first broke that it was headed here. But after reading reviews from the few of our own who have ridden it, loved it and said the experience is different enough, I now embrace it and can't wait. Saved me a trip to California.

I had the Spider-Man issue too when I saw a POV video on YouTube, but I thought the queue looked very cool. I'm not going to complain because we FINALLY have a new ride that isn't replacing something else.

I thought the same thing about the Spider-Man comparison from watching the video... but this thing moves SO FAST (at least makes you think it does) and the outdoor scenes are so incredible that I immediately forgot about the similarities.

Another thing I want to add, which I meant to earlier, was the comments about the lack of soundtrack. Whereas when you watch the ride on YouTube and it's very obvious, you don't notice it on the actual ride. The sound of all the action and booming bass really envelop you in the ride.

Another thing I want to add, which I meant to earlier, was the comments about the lack of soundtrack. Whereas when you watch the ride on YouTube and it's very obvious, you don't notice it on the actual ride. The sound of all the action and booming bass really envelop you in the ride.

I was weary of this at first, but since I really dislike the new Spiderman soundtrack I can see how a score can really take away from the experience sometimes.

Agreed, the total chaos of the attraction feeds off the sound effects and a score would downplay the crazy action. From the moment you enter to the moment you leave it's just yelling, gunfire, explosions, and pandemonium. Come to think of it maybe Michael Bay should just do theme park attractions because this one is a home run!