Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really the same is it?

Large Outdoor Rollercoaster, Speeder Carrages, riding through and around AT-AT's while protecting a bunker. You can't tell me that isn't better then a 3 minute simulated video clip?

...on a side note I went on Star Tours 2.0 twice, separate days, different times and guess what I get exactly the same selection of scenes! :(

I find the lack of imagination in this thread disturbing.

There are a billion things you could do with a SW theme park and if Disney are now going to **** out movies, tv and other licensed properties then you have an even more expanded universe to pick stuff from.

I've longed dreamed of a SW theme park, seperated into planets. Imagine walking through Hoth and riding a fast "Snow Speeder" coaster around the battle scene dogging AT-AT's, nipping over to Echo Base for a drink before setting off to go to Tattooine to eat at the Cantina, see a 4D Jabba's Palace Experiance and going on a Pod Racer Coaster. After that perhaps a trip to the Death Star or Endor or Naboo or literally anyone of a million places!

Right, but you already do most of that in Star Tours. It basically takes you through all the action sequences/settings from the films.

Yeah but there is a massive difference between sitting in a simulator watching a few short segments to actually being on different types of rides / attractions themed around the many many many many many many locations / battles / worlds from the SW Universe.

To simply Star Wars down to Star Tours and state it does it all is silly. Look at WWOHP, how much better is it that you can wander around Hogs Mead, visit different shops, see Hogwarts, enter Hogwarts, Walk around Hogwarts etc...

Disney could easily make not just an extension to SW @ DHS but make an entire park, the popularity of SW is massively underrated.

Let's Talk About STAR WARS Rides Concepts

starwars1s.jpg

starwarsland01s.jpg

cop01s.jpg

dlpsw2s.jpg

plecturendering01s.jpg

dlpsw4s.jpg

scifisketchjettroopers.jpg

scifibiketroopers2.jpg

scificockpit.jpg

scifiinterceptorassault.jpg

scifisketchbikedesign.jpg

Read more: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

Blue Milk!!

Blue Milk with a extra foam topping of... more Blue Milk! The Blue-iest drink in the Galaxy (TM)!

And I think we are selling the property a little short here. There are a bunch of things that can be done. Coaster concepts, hybrid screen rides, even (god help us all) interactive rides with blasters.

I say a Star Wars land is more likely to happen in the overseas parks where Star Tours 2 does not already exist. Star Tours 2 takes a wide chunk of the Star Wars Universe. Plus its only new so there is not much of a chance of it being replaced any time soon.

I say a Star Wars land is more likely to happen in the overseas parks where Star Tours 2 does not already exist. Star Tours 2 takes a wide chunk of the Star Wars Universe. Plus its only new so there is not much of a chance of it being replaced any time soon.

They can retheme the area around the current location in DHS to be a Tatooine Space Port. That way, you can incorporate Mos Eisley Cantina. They can also expand on Kashykk, Mustufar, Naboo, Dagobah, and any planets that could take place for Ep 7-9.

They can retheme the area around the current location in DHS to be a Tatooine Space Port. That way, you can incorporate Mos Eisley Cantina. They can also expand on Kashykk, Mustufar, Naboo, Dagobah, and any planets that could take place for Ep 7-9.

The thing with DHS is that I don't see the current location for ST as being the best location to do something like that. The best way for them to fully take advantage of it is to build a whole new area where they are not stuck in such a restrictive space. Well they could remove Sounds dangerous and Indiana but then it the theming would clash with echo lake, unless they completely built new surroundings for echo lake then built the new area on the other side (I don't see TDO doing that though as it would be super expensive).

The best thing I could see them doing is completely remove Star Tours and retheme the entire area into an Indiana Jones area. This would be done by reusing and expanding the Star Tours building (by moving prospect ave and maybe moving the car park entry road a little, or even building it on the other side of the roads similar to what the did at DL) to make it into the Indiana ride from DL. Then in the space between them (where the backlot express is maybe even removing some of the buildings on the other side of prospect ave) install Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril. Then for the sounds dangerous building, retheme it to a restaurant or shops or another Indy show.

Then for Star Wars demolish LMA and the (not a proper) backlot tour, and put in a completely new Star Wars area there. This way they could take full advantage of Star Wars and they could do it how ever they want without having to worry about how it would look from another area of the park.

With the Star Tours ride only recently being redone, I highly doubt this would happen plus with TDO lack of spending it will most likely never happen. That's they best way they could do it, and I just don't see expand Star Wars in the area it currently is.

Last edited:
seems unlikely that they would tear down and attraction to rebuild it elsewhere (this isn't a stage show), it's a ride. I think it makes more sense to dismantle INDY then Star Tours.

they need to take that whole echo lake area , fill the pond in, take out hollywood vine and the other restraurant, take out Sounds dangerous, take out Indy Jones and then use that whole area for SWs land. keep Star Tours where it is . I think that would make a great area for Star Wars Land. Keep the stunt car show area for Cars Land. I would miss an Indy presence though in the parks. The ride in tokyo is my favorite in the Disney Seas Park

Regardless if it is or isn't; it's the only real water feature at DHS. Leave it be. Plus, Gertie is pretty iconic to the Studios.

Regardless if it is or isn't; it's the only real water feature at DHS. Leave it be. Plus, Gertie is pretty iconic to the Studios.

I agree. Despite some of the crap they've surrounded it with, Echo lake itself is still one of the nicer parts of the park.

I really can't believe Disney doesn't do something more with this franchise. If there was a Cars Land and a Star Wars or Lucas Land area this would easily become my favorite Disney park in Orlando.

But that will never happen, we'll be lucky to get a copy of RSR.

I really can't believe Disney doesn't do something more with this franchise. If there was a Cars Land and a Star Wars or Lucas Land area this would easily become my favorite Disney park in Orlando.

I feel the same way

Could care less about echo lake, I still say fill it in. I got no love for it LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.