Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Richard Petty Driving Experience

Jan 15, 2013
Lincoln, England.
Hi guys,

So in April a few of my family and a few friends are going to Richard Petty to do the 3 Lap Ride Along. Has anyone done this before, and what was the experience like?

Cheers :smiley:

Hi guys,

So in April a few of my family and a few friends are going to Richard Petty to do the 3 Lap Ride Along. Has anyone done this before, and what was the experience like?

Cheers :smiley:

It is very fun experience, on mine the driver and staff were very friendly and even the ride along is a great experience! Hard to describe the feeling except to say imagine going around a turn really really fast.

Enjoy, look forward to reading an experience report :wave:

Thanks for the reply coasterj!

It looks like a ton of fun reading about it! I race Karts (TKM) here in the UK, so I can only imagine the feeling of flying around an Oval track!

I'll be doing a complete picture / video report of my whole Holiday and will include alot of info about RPDE!

Last year we got the driving experience for my father for his 50th. I go to do a free ride along. I will second that the staff is very friendly and makes the experience go very well. They take safety seriously, but know their job is to help you have fun.

Outside the gates:
SAM_0978_zps10a79f96.jpg

SAM_0977_zps57a5d4ce.jpg

Safety video room:
SAM_0988_zpsbe2d2b09.jpg

Driving experience car:
SAM_0995_zpsf03381b0.jpg

Ride-along car:
SAM_1006_zps778109a2.jpg

SAM_1001_zps9c12f1f0.jpg

SAM_1000_zpsa484be09.jpg

Track pictures: