Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Unlimited Refill Coke Freestyle Souvenir Cup

Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal is now offering an unlimited refill Coke Freestyle cup for $10.99

24qmmpv.jpg

Any word yet if they are starting to allow a discount purchase on reactivations for refills with the same cup?

Universal is now offering an unlimited refill Coke Freestyle cup for $10.99

24qmmpv.jpg

Great move by them it will sell and be great! Recently went on a Royal Carib Cruise and they had this on the ship made it a lot easier to get drinks whenever you wanted i assume once this program is expanded to have more machines it will be an awesome addition to the meal plan

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering also. I wonder if they have an option to re-activate the RFID's.
This whole RFID thing is going to become quite controversial soon I would imagine...although..that would be pretty cool though. I like this new deal and the Coke freestyle machines are genius

This whole RFID thing is going to become quite controversial soon I would imagine...although..that would be pretty cool though. I like this new deal and the Coke freestyle machines are genius

Disney tracking your every location, purchase, interest, and ride wait time = controversial.

Universal only selling cups with chips in them that allow you unlimited soft drink refills = not so much.

I gave up soda 6 months back but still. Way to be awesome, Universal!

Gave it up in August for swimming which ends in March. Can't wait to take my first sip of Sprite again! :p

I think this is an AWESOME idea and will definitely purchase on my next visit.

As coasterj mentioned above, this deal is now rolling out on all Royal Caribbean ships! It's more expensive but it's for the whole week. I love these freestyle machines, they really are genius! :cheers: <----This is of course a shirley temple! :lol:

If I remember right, Disney tried the RFID cups for a while at their All-Star Sports resort (I was there during it). A few months later I heard they took the system out due to complaints. But then that's a different scenario, where Disney was coding theirs for length-of-stay, and many people were bringing old mugs back and expecting to be able to refill them as they had done for many years, lol.

If I remember right, Disney tried the RFID cups for a while at their All-Star Sports resort (I was there during it). A few months later I heard they took the system out due to complaints. But then that's a different scenario, where Disney was coding theirs for length-of-stay, and many people were bringing old mugs back and expecting to be able to refill them as they had done for many years, lol.
Also their paper cups had RFID chips and they would only work for 90 mins. After that, NO COKE FOR YOU!

Good points. This is easy for Uni to implement because it is being rolled out in tandem with daily refills on Freestyle. Nobody can cry about no longer being able to use their cup, since there never were refills on Freestyle.

I still am hoping they start offering reactivations soon on these things, even though I should stick to my soda abstinence. I have a weakness for Mellow Yellow, which is tough to find in the parks outside of Freestyle. I think it previously was only available at Dudley. Freestyle even has Mellow Yellow Zero, which is easier to justify!

Saw it advertised today that additional days with the same cup is now available for $8.99 (each additional day).

What is the price of a coke and how far apart are the drink stations? I am not to keen on lugging around 3 cups all day since I am the official holder of EVERYTHING:angry:

Regular is $2.69 and large is $2.99 (tax not included). Carts are all over the place, they aren't isolated :thumbs:

After talking to an employee at USF, I learned that Universal is phasing out the red refillable souvenir cup and are replacing them with this freestyle cup. The way it is going to work is after the first time purchase of 10 dollars, the refills for the rest of the day will be a dollar. However, the next day the first refill will be 8 dollars, and cheaper after the first use.

In my opinion, this is a way for Uni to make extra money off of loyal park goers, like myself! :fist: