New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that climbing all the stairs is a work out, and it gets tedious after a while, but what bothers me the most at the water parks is burning my feet constantly on the ground. You can't have footwear when going on the slides, and I don't think you can carry flip flops (loose items) while going on the slides, so I end up being barefoot on the scorching hot pavement, and it's just ... :'(

Maybe there's something I can do about it, and I just haven't realized it yet? :shrug: Or maybe I'm just a wimp about it? :lol:

Those that lived in South Florida back in the day may remeber Six Flags Atlantis has a tiny little creek that ran up the main walkway for everyone to walk in and that was perfect to keep your feet cool while walking around. They could always do soemthign similar. Also they could use the Master Blaster tech to help get rid of some of the taller towers.

I think it is very possible they could be doing this. It would link their properties together more and give them the opportunity to make it better. I think since Aquatica opened up, Wet n Wild is getting their butts kicked, especially with locals. Everyone I know gets season passes to Aquatica and not Wet n Wild. They may do Wet n Wild one day, but they all say Aquatica is way better. So this may be Uni's answer. Make a better park and by putting it on their property people staying at their hotels will go there and nowhere else.

I agree that climbing all the stairs is a work out, and it gets tedious after a while, but what bothers me the most at the water parks is burning my feet constantly on the ground. You can't have footwear when going on the slides, and I don't think you can carry flip flops (loose items) while going on the slides, so I end up being barefoot on the scorching hot pavement, and it's just ... :'(

Maybe there's something I can do about it, and I just haven't realized it yet? :shrug: Or maybe I'm just a wimp about it? :lol:

I agree. This is my pet peeve about water parks. They're painful sometimes! The water helps so much but sometimes they're nowhere near the paved areas you have to walk on.

I think it is very possible they could be doing this. It would link their properties together more and give them the opportunity to make it better. I think since Aquatica opened up, Wet n Wild is getting their butts kicked, especially with locals. Everyone I know gets season passes to Aquatica and not Wet n Wild. They may do Wet n Wild one day, but they all say Aquatica is way better. So this may be Uni's answer. Make a better park and by putting it on their property people staying at their hotels will go there and nowhere else.

This is kind of sad IMO - I actually really like Wet n Wild, it's a fun little water park that has a charm about it, and some of those water slides are pretty cool...

What ever they do, I want them to remove the Wet n wild naming. I hate how there are so many using that name but are not related. The only ones that are now related are those owned by Village Roadshow. Plus it could fool guest into it. The Village parks are either going to be or are some of the best water parks around but then some of the ones not owned by them are just regular.

Felipe, JungleSkip,

Wow, very interesting. Driving by those plots, they definitely don't *feel* as big as Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. Thanks for pointing out.

Felipe, JungleSkip,

Wow, very interesting. Driving by those plots, they definitely don't *feel* as big as Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. Thanks for pointing out.

No problem. And trust me, I was as surprised as you were. I didn't think it was big enough for something like that either.

Felipe and UNIrd: I wear water shoes (sometimes called aqua socks) to water parks. It helps with the burning feet issue ;) , and you are allowed to wear them on some of the rides, like the multi-person tube rides - but probably not the slides where you don't have a tube/mat.

This probably has already been mentioned, but with Blastaway Beach being fairly new, I wonder if they would really build a new water park so soon.

Felipe and UNIrd: I wear water shoes (sometimes called aqua socks) to water parks. It helps with the burning feet issue ;) , and you are allowed to wear them on some of the rides, like the multi-person tube rides - but probably not the slides where you don't have a tube/mat.

This probably has already been mentioned, but with Blastaway Beach being fairly new, I wonder if they would really build a new water park so soon.

The Aqua Socks sounds like a good option :thumbs: I'd have to see if they're allowed on the slides, otherwise it's the same deal :(

They haven't even broken ground for this rumored project, so if it happens, it should be at the very least a year or two down the road. By that point, Blastaway Beach would be 2 to 3 years old, and it would have served its purpose and had a good run. Plus, they could also transplant parts of it to the new park :thumbs:

One would think (hope) that if Universal Florida ever does build an on-site waterpark, it will be cutting-edge technology and heavily themed.

It could feature as it's centerpiece something like Holiday World's "Wildebeest" attraction- which features a conveyor-belt lifthill, big drops, tunnels, and a series of uphill launches (that propel tubes uphill using linear induction motors) and loads and unloads like a roller coaster or flume ride.

Imagine this expertly themed:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=lPxQIwDke9Q&desktop_uri=/watch?v=lPxQIwDke9Q

There's been quite a bit of movement on that plot of land. Is this coming sooner, rather than later? Or is it just because of Cabana Bay?

There's been quite a bit of movement on that plot of land. Is this coming sooner, rather than later? Or is it just because of Cabana Bay?

I think they are using that plot as storage, staging, etc. for all the projects going on, since the other plot is now exclusive to CBBR construction.

I hope that they would theme it films which would make it exciting. I think it would be good to include something to do with jaws.

It'll be a good way to bring back jaws since they closed the ride. I think sliding into a jaws mouth would make it more exciting than some other slides.

An Amity land (beach, small village market, water e-ticket), Bikini Bottom (Spongebob), a new Lost Continent which is more Poseidon Focused (Poseidon's Fury, water e-ticket)

Last edited:
Jaws in an Amity land (beach, small village market, new e-ticket water ride with Jaws), King Kong (Skull Island Flume would be amazing), Waterworld attraction, and some original attractions would be cool.

Yeah, I would love to see some older Universal attractions come back in spirit in a water park. Jaws is an obvious fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.