Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 460 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
H6_zps6e9a6dbd.jpg

H4_zpsfeacc315.jpg

H3_zps1090389e.jpg

H7_zpscec7d94a.jpg

& I especially hate being told I cant do something, especially if it isnt justified or there is no official rule or policy in place of it, on top of being threatened to be tossed out, let alone the fact if what I'm doing isnt dangerous or disruptive to myself or anyone else, so I, or any of us here, shouldnt take it.

I agree with you, because there appears to be no policy in place to prohibit taking pictures of construction, they're on shaky ground legally (even though it's private property). It boarders on harassment that "the group" was targeted while others (I'm sure) probably took pics in that area with no trouble. This is kind of what happened to me during ESPN the Weekend that I referenced in my prior post.

That being said, would you (and others) honor the rule if the policies were amended to prohibit construction photos, or if a sign was posted that photography wasn't allowed in that area? Just curious, because the fact the security guard asked if they were with a forum tells me Universal is actively following this thread and might be concerned their "secret" is being spread throughout the web w/o control. I wouldn't be surprised to see signs pop up soon to remove any ambiguity.

Last edited:
But what is stopping them from just throwing you out? Its their park and their rules, is it worth putting up a fight with them? They pretty much have us by the juevos.

Oh, I HOPE they throw me out. I'd love it.

Can you imagine the crap storm they'd set off by tossing out any prominent member of the theme park community? I'd love to see it.

You guys should just swallow your pride and one of the more well off members here should rent an apartment overlooking the expansion :lol:

You guys should just swallow your pride and one of the more well off members here should rent an apartment overlooking the expansion :lol:

It's very expensive and Gringotts was going to block the view. Not to mention all of the Universal facing units were leased. I looked into this a few months ago when I was promoted at work and knew I would be switching locations. It would of been sweet though I assure you. :lol:

That being said, would you (and others) honor the rule if the policies were amended to prohibit construction photos, or if a sign was posted that photography wasn't allowed in that area? Just curious, because the fact the security guard asked if they were with a forum tells me Universal is actively following this thread and might be concerned their "secret" is being spread throughout the web w/o control. I wouldn't be surprised to see signs pop up soon to remove any ambiguity.[/QUOTE]

I couldnt really answer that until they showed me in writing that in fact I couldnt take pictures.
One thing is for sure, next time I go, I will be visiting guest services & simply ask them what the rules are as far as taking pictures are, yet even more ammo we could use if we ever had to, especially if they say I can take pictures from any guest area, & than get approached by anyone. Knowledge is power, so if they tried anything, perhaps we could turn the tables on them & sue for harrasment??

I can assure this thread is monitored daily, just can't explain how I know. Technology is a two way street :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.