Springfield Expansion | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With amount of effort they are putting into Springfield and the amount of recognition, worldwide, that the brand has, I can't imagine they wouldn't give the land it's own announcement. I mean, this expansion is pretty big, not just a new coat of paint.

People don't come to theme parks for lands, they come for rides (Potter is the closest thing to the exception, but FJ is a driving force there). It has a great brand, and I'm sure it will be heavily in the marketing material. But you don't get taken seriously holding a press conference and saying "Here's our new quick serve restaurant....... and a new spinner attraction, even though there are already 6 of them in this market"

they will definitely have some sort of press conference. A new ride is a new ride, and they will definitely be promoting the expansion of Springfield. A LOT of people will be excted to visit Moes Tavern to try a flaming Moe.

It's definitely not as big a deal to UO as Transformers. However it seems they are putting a lot of money into this so I'm sure they will be promoting it pretty heavily.

Exactly. It'll be in all the ads. But as far as a press conference, the media isn't going to care about a new quick serve restaurant and a dumbo ride when they can cover transformers. And for the most part that's what locals are going to care about too.

In a media sense you'll probably see transformers coverage where they mention Simpsons expansion. In the marketing material you'll see them each promoted.

Exactly. It'll be in all the ads. But as far as a press conference, the media isn't going to care about a new quick serve restaurant and a dumbo ride when they can cover transformers. And for the most part that's what locals are going to care about too.

In a media sense you'll probably see transformers coverage where they mention Simpsons expansion. In the marketing material you'll see them each promoted.

I guess we'll see today :rofl:

But I do agree. Get the media out there for Transformers, and while your out there you can announce The Simpsons. It would make a bigger media event to bring up that they do have a lot going on there.

Not really a need for media today. They've already done the guy stands at microphone and talks about how cutting edge this ride is thing, and they're going to have to do it again on June 20th. Don't want to over do it. So really it would be invite everyone there, PR guy comes out says, June 20th and leaves.

I guess we'll see today :rofl:

But I do agree. Get the media out there for Transformers, and while your out there you can announce The Simpsons. It would make a bigger media event to bring up that they do have a lot going on there.
I understand, but it just seems like a lot of work and money put into this area to just say "o ya, we are expanding Springfield"

I understand, but it just seems like a lot of work and money put into this area to just say "o ya, we are expanding Springfield"

Hey, it was early in the morning. I must have dreamed someone said there would be a press conference today :rofl:

But I did mean more than just "o ya, we are expanding Springfield" .

Well the Simpsons season finale (a trip to a Disneyland-like park) is May 19, and that's DH prediction. Since this won't bring a big of a vibe as TF will for the GP, it makes sense to do it then. Not during the week. They have to create some buzz with this, and using the season finale can do just that.

Well the Simpsons season finale (a trip to a Disneyland-like park) is May 19, and that's DH prediction. Since this won't bring a big of a vibe as TF will for the GP, it makes sense to do it then. Not during the week. They have to create some buzz with this, and using the season finale can do just that.
Makes sense...at this point that date doesn't seem too far out as it did a couple months ago

Got the Annual Passholders' Passport today (Summer 2013 edition), and not even a picture or a mention of Springfield. A lot about Transformers.

I understand it's not announced yet, just a mini land, etc. But I still find this SO strange. Especially if it will open 6/20. I mean I know out of towners won't make trips for it, but APs will.

Again, to the non theme park enthusiasts out there the addition is a ride that there are already 6 installed in this market and a quick serve restaurant. It's not going to compete for attention with Transformers, and it's not going to get any space in the media. It's place is in the advertising after it opens, and in the extra F&B sales it pulls in.

I understand it's not announced yet, just a mini land, etc. But I still find this SO strange. Especially if it will open 6/20. I mean I know out of towners won't make trips for it, but APs will.

But they would of already attracted the AP holders, with Transformers. There is no need for them to advertise the opening of what is almost only a shop. If they started advertising it they will start to become like Disney and try and get attention for adding benches. If they did advertise it in a big way I would bet there would be tons of complaints as they expected more. It not announcement to get people in material. They built it as a way of getting people to come back to the park, not to get people to come for it.

It's all in the hands of marketing and trust several people are scratching there necks at this point.

But they would of already attracted the AP holders, with Transformers. There is no need for them to advertise the opening of what is almost only a shop. If they started advertising it they will start to become like Disney and try and get attention for adding benches. If they did advertise it in a big way I would bet there would be tons of complaints as they expected more. It not announcement to get people in material. They built it as a way of getting people to come back to the park, not to get people to come for it.

Not every AP is going to want to ride TF. And some may, and go during softs soon, and not learn about Springfield for months. Or plan on just coming to do just do TF, and not have time to explore SF. I'm not asking for an advertising campaign for new Android's Dungeon bathrooms. But it's a little over a month away. Throw the passholders a bone. A teaser. Something.

I'm not asking for an advertising campaign for new Android's Dungeon bathrooms. But it's a little over a month away. Throw the passholders a bone. A teaser. Something.

Those are my feelings, as well. I'm starting to think they won't even announce/advertise this until it's actually open. :shrug: