Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 509 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I got there today at 7:30, & I think they were already letting people in at that point. Once in, it was 7:45, with a TM leading the crowd over to Transformers, than stopped the crowd just after Monsters Café. & said. "HRRR is open right now if you wanna ride." & everyone just litterally laughed, no one moved. Than, when she let us go, right after turning the corner, there was a poor girl on the ground having a seizure, with TMs running over to help. I hope she is OK.

Me & my GF got on in about 10 minutes on stand by, than went single into single rider, & that's when everything started falling apart. So after being open not even 20 minutes, they announced they were having technical difficulties. Even still, we decided to wait. Than I heard the "We've determined this will be an extended delay, but you can still wait in line if you want, or exit at your convenience." We waited anyway. It finally came back up after an hour later! So we rode twice.

So on my second ride, right after being caught by Bumblebee, the RV was facing away from the last screen that shows Optimus thanking you, but we could still hear him, so nothing major, & my GF said the last minute of here ride had no audio. So after our second ride, I went back through the gift shop exit to see what pics I could grab & already saw the RVS piling up, & knew what was coming. Than after coming back out, I once again heard the "Extended delay" announcement. So we went & rode Mummy, came back, line still hadn't moved, so decided we had enough for the day. I think it was around 11 right around when we left & the line JUST started moving again, so after being open for 3 hours, there was at least 2 of those hours with the ride being down, hopefully they will get this fixed soon so they can have better success at trying to run it all day. With shorter & less frequent delays.

So Id say that if you don't see the line moving when you get there, especially if people are sitting on the ground, Id go do something else, & come back later. You can also see for yourself what's going on by going through the ride exit to see if the RVS at are a stand-still or not. So I conversed with the ride exit TMS while waiting for the ride to come back up for a bit & told them they are doing a great job, they were all great.

Last edited:
For rides like this there really should be a wait time sign for the single riders line just like they have for the regular line. 60 minute wait for the unsuspecting single rider is unacceptable without warning.

HRRR has a wait time sign for single riders, but not sure if I can recall any other Uni rides that have a single rider wait sign.

For rides like this there really should be a wait time sign for the single riders line just like they have for the regular line. 60 minute wait for the unsuspecting single rider is unacceptable without warning.

Actually, I have no problem with not having a wait time sign for the single riders, and I actually would prefer they not explicitly state on signs that your wait will be less, as this just turns the single rider line into a second standby line with groups that either don't want to be split up or flat out refuse to be split up creating issues for TMs and in some cases affecting capacity when they really pitch a fit. Tour groups have also taken to using them as a free version of Express, and I know of a few TMs who have been on the short end of receiving ridiculous verbal abuse when they've tried to inform the leader that the wait time is just as long or longer than the standby line.

Right now it's unpredictable though. Since Express isn't open, they are usually just pulling a bunch of singles for the left load area...that's why the line goes pretty fast (at least for me). I think it'd be completely a guess if they had a wait time sign. :/

Actually, I have no problem with not having a wait time sign for the single riders, and I actually would prefer they not explicitly state on signs that your wait will be less, as this just turns the single rider line into a second standby line with groups that either don't want to be split up or flat out refuse to be split up creating issues for TMs and in some cases affecting capacity when they really pitch a fit. Tour groups have also taken to using them as a free version of Express, and I know of a few TMs who have been on the short end of receiving ridiculous verbal abuse when they've tried to inform the leader that the wait time is just as long or longer than the standby line.

I'm sick of tourists abusing single rider line :doh: I was in single rider for Spider-Man and this woman (who had kids that weren't even qualified to go on the ride due to not being tall enough) was harassing the TM and holding up the line. Then when the TM called security, she played dumb bunny and pretended to not speak English :bang:

I'm sick of tourists abusing single rider line :doh: I was in single rider for Spider-Man and this woman (who had kids that weren't even qualified to go on the ride due to not being tall enough) was harassing the TM and holding up the line. Then when the TM called security, she played dumb bunny and pretended to not speak English :bang:

I jumped into the single riders line for The Mummy today and was quickly followed by 3 apparent friends. I got up to the station and was placed in a row, as well as 2 of the kids behind me. I was then asked to wait for the next car so the 3 friends who entered the single riders line could be in the same car......

Drives me nuts sometimes.

Great pics! I noticed that area that appears to be a possible Energon stand last night. Seems to make sense to me.

I thought that was a photo stand to buy the photos you just took with the Transformers. And I also thought we weren't getting Energon since it's basically the same thing as a Flaming Moe. I'm so confused.