Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 507 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
This just jogged my memory. I could have sworn I saw Mark Woodbury and his wife (?) eating at FFB on Monday. He was sitting in the front of the building where guests place their orders. No one else was sitting in that area. Was that the same day you saw him?

I'm sure everyone is pleased with the reactions to TF. Maybe it's just because of Softs but I've never seen guests so hyped before and after riding something. The loading and unloading stations are so full of energy.

No your correct, this ride is getting serious word of mouth hype and outstanding feedback. They have a huge winner on there hands and from what I've heard there expecting to beat initial expectations. From someone special,

"Never have I scene people standing outside of our attractions like this, it's very rewarding and it makes me proud."

I agree. The ride reactions have been incredible. The only negative I heard was one woman who got off and said "That was Spider-man. It's the same thing. I'm glad we didn't wait an hour for it."

I'll admit, I had heard how awesome the TMs were for this ride but didn't really believe it until I saw it in person. They're fantastic. I remember one of the times I was waiting to board, our vehicle's TM was an elderly lady who was basically giving two kids in the row next to me a detailed mission briefing. The TMs are so into their roles, it's unbelievable. Hyping up the guests probably also helps capacity in a small way by motivating them to board quicker.

I tried to compliment the TMs roaming the area whenever I saw them. Really adds to the experience.

Edit - hearing the cheers helps to determine how close you are to the end of the queue, lol

Last edited:
Love the TMs at the ride! All very nice and very into what they're doing. :) Made a few friends from being there so frequently.

Can't believe we're just two weeks away from grand opening. Time has truly flown by.

Yeah, there was nothing like waiting in the RV for take off, I was already excited & anxious enuough, & than hearing the TM "Alright recruits. let's roll out!" Which just pushed it WAYY over the top in the best way!

I hope the TM's keep up this energy and enthusiasm all summer. I'm going in August and it sounds like they do a great job of adding to the experience.

I'm sure being able to yell at slow-moving tourists will never get old to the TMs.

I'll admit, I had heard how awesome the TMs were for this ride but didn't really believe it until I saw it in person. They're fantastic. I remember one of the times I was waiting to board, our vehicle's TM was an elderly lady who was basically giving two kids in the row next to me a detailed mission briefing. The TMs are so into their roles, it's unbelievable. Hyping up the guests probably also helps capacity in a small way by motivating them to board quicker.

I tried to compliment the TMs roaming the area whenever I saw them. Really adds to the experience.

Edit - hearing the cheers helps to determine how close you are to the end of the queue, lol

Also pay attention to the numbers on the wall. They go from E1 to E7 in the main queue. When you see E6 you're about 3 minutes away from boarding. :thumbs: I went on 3 back to back rides last night..and then went back after 8 for a fourth. :cheers: The single riders line is magic :lol:

I think Sunday morning will be more enjoyable, as I think going last Saturday night having never ridden before, & still with no gaurantees of getting on, made for feeling heavy "stress anxiety" such as -

Navigating through that mob of people, than finally being let into the building & being 1 room away from boadfing, than stopping & sitting through 30 minutes of hearing. "Were sorry, Transformers is experiencing a brief delay....", & expecting the worst of waiting all that time, just being seconds away from boarding, & being turned away, or not being able to get through the entire ride without an e-stop, etc.

I think that worrying about everything that could've gone wrong kind of got in the way of just being able to just sit back, relax & enjoy it. But now that Ive ridden it, & knowing it will be open early & will probably be able to ride more times in a shorter period of time will make it much better, so I am really looking forward to Sunday, as I wont be so antsy so to epeak. Plus not having to wait in suspense with that large crowd of people with the chance it wont even open.

So today I rode Transformers The Ride...
Overall I thought the ride was ok, I liked the way they used the physical sets in this ride a lot more than spidermans. I never really get excited to ride spiderman, sadly I feel the same way with this ride. I do not know what it is about this type of ride that makes me think meh. Anyways, the rides screens and physical sets were awesome. The screens were extremely vivid and cool to watch. As I said earlier the way they used the sets in this ride was awesome. So, my favorite ride in the park as you can see in my signature is still the mummy. I know everyone is gonna hate me for this post but just wanted to state my opinion on this ride type.

Overall I thought the ride was ok, I liked the way they used the physical sets in this ride a lot more than spidermans. I never really get excited to ride spiderman, sadly I feel the same way with this ride. I do not know what it is about this type of ride that makes me think meh. Anyways, the rides screens and physical sets were awesome. The screens were extremely vivid and cool to watch. As I said earlier the way they used the sets in this ride was awesome. So, my favorite ride in the park as you can see in my signature is still the mummy. I know everyone is gonna hate me for this post but just wanted to state my opinion on this ride type.

I stopped reading when you said you didn't get excited for Spider Man. No offense lol

The excitement the Team Members show for working on this ride put it over the top, easily. Getting yelled at (in a playful and fun way of course) while getting ready to board EVAC ramp up the "military" feel of the attraction ten-fold. It's fantastic!

Sounds like you just don't like motion simulator/film rides correct? What is your opinion on FJ?

Also pay attention to the numbers on the wall. They go from E1 to E7 in the main queue. When you see E6 you're about 3 minutes away from boarding. :thumbs: I went on 3 back to back rides last night..and then went back after 8 for a fourth. :cheers: The single riders line is magic :lol:

Single rider is indeed awesome. I got on twice in under an hour two days ago with it.

Yeah, I don't understand the criticisms about this ride having no physical sets. It felt like it had just as many as Spider-man.

I agree with you in a way. I think that I like Spider-Man because it's very immersive, but more importantly has a cool storyline with neat characters. After the novelty of Transformers wears off, I can see myself not really getting all that excited for it, because the storyline and characters just aren't there. And since it's not a super adrenaline thrill machine, those things are pretty important to the ride experience. I loved the ride and thought it was excellent, but after a few more rides I can easily see my opinion changing to match yours. So no worries, I see where you're coming from :thumbs:

And I agree that the physical sets were very well-done in this ride I'm not sure why so many people disagree, maybe because the emphasis is just on the screens.

- - - Updated - - -

I stopped reading when you said you didn't get excited for Spider Man. No offense lol

no need to be rude about it--if you don't agree with someone just keep it to yourself :thumbs:

Pics of a broken transformers ride with the lights on

http://www.wdwfanboys.com/wdw-fanbo...edium=twitter&utm_source=twitter#lightbox/12/

you get a better look at the props and such and there does seem to be a fair amount on par with the props in spidy

Oh, that's neat! Thanks for the link! :thumbs:

I've only been on it once, so a lot of those details escaped me. Looking forward to spotting more stuff with more rides!
BTW, I think I see the picture / mural of the cityscape that you guys were talking about.