Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 506 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Does the vehicle actually race forward like it shows in the warning video? If so, about how far of a real distance does it actually go? When I rode yesterday, the warning video showed the vehicle accelerates forward quite quickly, but during the ride I really couldn't tell if the thing was moving or if it was just giving the illusion.

Last edited:
Does the vehicle actually race forward like it shows in the warning video? If so, about how far of a real distance does it actually go? When I rode yesterday, the warning video showed the vehicle accelerates forward quite quickly, but during the ride I really couldn't tell if the thing was moving or if it was just giving the illusion.

No just a simulation. Pretty convincing though!

As posted in the Simpsons thread, I just got back from Universal and was able to ride Transformers several times.

1. Theme - A+ - I know there have been complaints on the exterior of the building, but I thought it looked awesome, especially with OP over the entrance. Its hard to describe just how big he is until you see it in person. You can see easily from MiB he that big. The Queue is awesome as well.

2. Staff - A+ - We were on the ride before it left the station and it broke down. So we had to exit and wait until whatever went wrong was fixed. The staff did a great job keeping in character and entertaining the crowd.

3. Ride - A+ - The only negative at all is how similar it is to Spiderman. But even with that, it is an incredible ride. My wife has not seen one Transformer movie but that is was outstanding. The Mummy is my favorite ride at US, but I think Transformers has take that spot. It is easily another home run for Universal. I am not going to dog on Disney, but wow, what Universal has done over the past 5 years vs Disney is amazing.

The only complaint I have is crowd control. We just happen to be walking by as a family (12, 7 and 5 year olds) when they opened up the ride one day and literally got run over. I seriously almost punched several people as they were pushing kids (not just mine but others). I am pretty large man but grab my 5, 7 year old up and was getting pushed around like a rag doll. They really should let guests wait in the outdoor Queue if they want to instead of having a mob just gather outside of it.

The good news, at least when we were there, it was opened everyday for several hours. Also, we went in the single riders one night and was told the wait was 60 mins, but was on it in 20 mins. So if you can try that route, it might save some time.

As posted in the Simpsons thread, I just got back from Universal and was able to ride Transformers several times.

1. Theme - A+ - I know there have been complaints on the exterior of the building, but I thought it looked awesome, especially with OP over the entrance. Its hard to describe just how big he is until you see it in person. You can see easily from MiB he that big. The Queue is awesome as well.

2. Staff - A+ - We were on the ride before it left the station and it broke down. So we had to exit and wait until whatever went wrong was fixed. The staff did a great job keeping in character and entertaining the crowd.

3. Ride - A+ - The only negative at all is how similar it is to Spiderman. But even with that, it is an incredible ride. My wife has not seen one Transformer movie but that is was outstanding. The Mummy is my favorite ride at US, but I think Transformers has take that spot. It is easily another home run for Universal. I am not going to dog on Disney, but wow, what Universal has done over the past 5 years vs Disney is amazing.

The only complaint I have is crowd control. We just happen to be walking by as a family (12, 7 and 5 year olds) when they opened up the ride one day and literally got run over. I seriously almost punched several people as they were pushing kids (not just mine but others). I am pretty large man but grab my 5, 7 year old up and was getting pushed around like a rag doll. They really should let guests wait in the outdoor Queue if they want to instead of having a mob just gather outside of it.

The good news, at least when we were there, it was opened everyday for several hours. Also, we went in the single riders one night and was told the wait was 60 mins, but was on it in 20 mins. So if you can try that route, it might save some time.

We hava nother NEST recruit, welcome aboard!!

Well, hopefully they will start opening in the morning if not by Sunday & the mob problem wont be a problem anymore. Or at least like I suggersted, put out an announcement on FB/Twiiter, along with visible signs that softs ARE NOT gauranteed, but if its a go, it will open at 6pm (even if they plan on opening it earlier,) Plus, letting people in the queue would be alot better. & I thaught they did that the 1st couple of days, with the excuse of "For safety & to clear guest pathways."? Dont see why that wouldnt still work. That way if it doesnt open, no one can complain. (Not to say they still wont)

Any news on whats happening for opening? I would love to see MuteMath do this at opening [video=youtube_share;DlYD9dR82rY]http://youtu.be/DlYD9dR82rY[/video]

Ride seems to be running great. I've been on 7 times now and haven't noticed anything. What's up with the RVs?

Smoke seemed a bit heavy tonight and really obscured that odd mural of the city. Wish it was laid on that thick every time.

^ Have any of you made yourselves aware of whether there are "special people" are being let on the vehicle you have gotten on? I would imagine the creators/tech effect folks are still hopping on and off the ride occasionally.

^ Have any of you made yourselves aware of whether there are "special people" are being let on the vehicle you have gotten on? I would imagine the creators/tech effect folks are still hopping on and off the ride occasionally.

Oceaneering techs have been around but the night to catch all of them was last Friday. Many from creative were out and about and watching reactions for the first hour or so before heading out.

Not a vehicle I've been on but while waiting for the ride to reopen today, I noticed a TM letting a man and his son into either the single rider or express queue. He didn't have a badge or company shirt though.

Oceaneering techs have been around but the night to catch all of them was last Friday. Many from creative were out and about and watching reactions for the first hour or so before heading out.

I almost tripped Mark Woodbury, who was standing outside listening to reactions.

I almost tripped Mark Woodbury, who was standing outside listening to reactions.

This just jogged my memory. I could have sworn I saw Mark Woodbury and his wife (?) eating at FFB on Monday. He was sitting in the front of the building where guests place their orders. No one else was sitting in that area. Was that the same day you saw him?

I'm sure everyone is pleased with the reactions to TF. Maybe it's just because of Softs but I've never seen guests so hyped before and after riding something. The loading and unloading stations are so full of energy.