Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I love Wreck-It Ralph, I don't see how that movie would work for the ride. If we ever see Wreck-It Ralph at the theme parks, it would almost have to be a stand-alone attraction.

I thought a little bit about it like the current wizard of oz. Very colorful, bright. They can take a bit of their own "toon land" at DL aspect of the set and make it seem like cartoons or video games coming to life.

Here is what I would do.

Phase One: Mos Eisley Spaceport

Retheme the entire area from Indy through the Sounds Dangerous theater to the Mos Eisley Spaceport. Where Indy is would be the hanger where the Millennium Falcon Walk-thru/Meet and Greet would be. The Cantina where Backlot Express is. Jedi Training Academy where Sounds Dangerous used to be. And of course retheme the entrance/showbuilding of Star Tours.

Phase Two: The Second Moon of Endor. Take out everything from Star Tours to PIXAR Place (Muppets, Mama Melrose's, Pizza Planet, Streets of New York, Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground, Whatever that Counter Service back there is called) and theme it to the Forest Moon of Endor with a Speederbike Coaster, Fully themed Ewok Village, a primitive looking flat ride, and food and beverage options.

And the best part, redo Star Tours to where the entrance is in the Mos Eisley Spaceport. And you get off on the Moon of Endor. And if they really wanted to get fancy, they could have half the cabins going from Tatooine to the Moon of Endor and the other half going from the Moon of Endor to Tatooine.

Love all the ideas but I have a suggestion in your plans. Since the Indy area is fairly "jungled" up, I don't think it would take much to turn this area into a swamp & theme it to Dagobah. They could theme the stage to have a Jedi Academy there with an interactive AA Yoda up on a ledge or in a tree somewhere. They could also make the stage look like the swamp where Luke's X-Wing was stuck & at the end of the academy show they could pick one child out of the group to raise the X-Wing.

Then in Sounds Dangerous they could build a small dark ride of some sort for kids. Re-using a lot of the Indy stuff could potentially save them some $ & I would LOVE a walkthrough of the Millennium Falcon but maybe position that between Star Tours & the Cantina (Backlot Express).

I'm still worried about them not putting a lot more funding into this if the $ amount that has been rumored is accurate but I guess we'll have to wait & see.

Love all the ideas but I have a suggestion in your plans. Since the Indy area is fairly "jungled" up, I don't think it would take much to turn this area into a swamp & theme it to Dagobah. They could theme the stage to have a Jedi Academy there with an interactive AA Yoda up on a ledge or in a tree somewhere. They could also make the stage look like the swamp where Luke's X-Wing was stuck & at the end of the academy show they could pick one child out of the group to raise the X-Wing.

Then in Sounds Dangerous they could build a small dark ride of some sort for kids. Re-using a lot of the Indy stuff could potentially save them some $ & I would LOVE a walkthrough of the Millennium Falcon but maybe position that between Star Tours & the Cantina (Backlot Express).

I'm still worried about them not putting a lot more funding into this if the $ amount that has been rumored is accurate but I guess we'll have to wait & see.
My plan has Dagobah going into Animal Kingdom right next to Pandora.

Forrest Gump, Titanic, Star Wars, Avatar, Pirates of the Caribean, Wreck it Ralph, Nightmare before Christmas

I actually think they should keep Indiana Jones in the ride but re do the look of that part. But yeah I would love to see: Star Wars, Pirates, Titanic, Nightmare Before Christmas, Forrest Gump, The Muppets, etc. What else? Does anybody know if movies like Terminator, Independence Day, King Kong, Superman, Batman, Star Trek, etc. can be included in the ride? because some of them are featured in the finale of the ride or used to be. Which also makes me believe Universal's version of this ride would be AMAZING.

Last edited:
I think they will put a titanic ride right next to the 9/11 ride....

....what?

They havent made a 9/11 movie yet. Titanic was 100 years ago, and was one of the largest grossing films ever (hence it being included in my movies in the update great movie ride)

Just thought this was interesting. Was reading Eric Goldman's IGN review of Transformers: The Ride's opening. In the comment section, there was a bunch of people mostly saying how they enjoyed the ride with a few up votes here/there, and then this:

st20_zpsab2cf58e.jpg

26 up votes for "Nothing will ever beat Star Tours" (also notice no down votes).

Now, I think we can all agree that there are much better rides in Orlando than Star Tours. TF, FJ and Spidey being just a few, but my point here is if that many people liked that comment (only 100+ commented total on the post), it just shows the incredible pent up demand for more Star Wars in the parks. Thankfully it seems Disney is doing something about that, but I was honestly amazed when I saw that comment.

Last edited:
That is why the Star Wars Land is needed for the park. While Transformers may be a better ride to some people, if people like the Star Wars franchise better, the ride could be 200 times better to them.

Here is what I would do.

Phase One: Mos Eisley Spaceport

Retheme the entire area from Indy through the Sounds Dangerous theater to the Mos Eisley Spaceport. Where Indy is would be the hanger where the Millennium Falcon Walk-thru/Meet and Greet would be. The Cantina where Backlot Express is. Jedi Training Academy where Sounds Dangerous used to be. And of course retheme the entrance/showbuilding of Star Tours.

Phase Two: The Second Moon of Endor. Take out everything from Star Tours to PIXAR Place (Muppets, Mama Melrose's, Pizza Planet, Streets of New York, Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground, Whatever that Counter Service back there is called) and theme it to the Forest Moon of Endor with a Speederbike Coaster, Fully themed Ewok Village, a primitive looking flat ride, and food and beverage options.

And the best part, redo Star Tours to where the entrance is in the Mos Eisley Spaceport. And you get off on the Moon of Endor. And if they really wanted to get fancy, they could have half the cabins going from Tatooine to the Moon of Endor and the other half going from the Moon of Endor to Tatooine.

Just to reiterate: this is probably what my dreams are like when I can't remember them.

Just thought this was interesting. Was reading Eric Goldman's IGN review of Transformers: The Ride's opening. In the comment section, there was a bunch of people mostly saying how they enjoyed the ride with a few up votes here/there, and then this:

st20_zpsab2cf58e.jpg

26 up votes for "Nothing will ever beat Star Tours" (also notice no down votes).

Now, I think we can all agree that there are much better rides in Orlando than Star Tours. TF, FJ and Spidey being just a few, but my point here is if that many people liked that comment (only 100+ commented total on the post), it just shows the incredible pent up demand for more Star Wars in the parks. Thankfully it seems Disney is doing something about that, but I was honestly amazed when I saw that comment.

i will say this ,and dont take this as me being anti star wars because im definitely for expansion, star tours rates as tied for 4th on TPI website survey...i do think star wars fans over play how popular the IP is even though obviously its very popular but it doesnt need it own gate or anything like that..i think some a new E ticket, ME Cantina and a Tatooine village would be plenty of Star Wars stuff

st20_zpsab2cf58e.jpg

And yet Star Tours becoming brand new didn't move the needle in Orlando.

When that comment's up votes exceeds a couple hundred then you will have my attention. 26 votes, to me, does not warrant a pent up demand for more star wars in the park.

Yes they have........ :inquisitive:

:focus:

Yeah, but anythin with Nicholas Cage doesnt count..... :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

When that comment's up votes exceeds a couple hundred then you will have my attention. 26 votes, to me, does not warrant a pent up demand for more star wars in the park.

It's not about the number "26" its the percentage of people.

He said there were only 100 comments. So lets say there were 100 viewers of the topic, 26 - 0 were in favor of ST being untoppable as a ride.

Thats over 25% of the commentors, with no one dissaproving. Thats a good chunk.

:doh: Yes I understand what he originally meant. What I'm saying is that that is only 100 opinions of the entire population. And as I just stated is that those are just people's opinions of the ride...Star Tours, in my opinion, can be topped and has been.

It's not about the number "26" its the percentage of people.

He said there were only 100 comments. So lets say there were 100 viewers of the topic, 26 - 0 were in favor of ST being untoppable as a ride.

Thats over 25% of the commentors, with no one dissaproving. Thats a good chunk.

If there were 100 comments alone, I think it's safe to assume that there were more than 100 viewers of the topic.

If they can't do it right, then they shouldn't do it at all. My gut feeling is they will do the opposite of that sentiment. I really really hope they will wow me.

Status
Not open for further replies.