Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 23: Cabin in the Woods

I've determined if they want to differentiate it best they'll start this house in the facility and we'll have about 4 cabin show scenes, then back to the facility.

From what I got from both the Inside the Magic article and the one I posted, the house starts in the woods, where you find the cabin, and then enter the facility.

I was picturing....

...a facade of the cabin like we saw with Dead End...enter the living room with the "moose" head and pass into the room with the artifacts...then the zombie torture family as you go through the black room and out into the woods and then into the facility...loosely following the story of the film. SUPER SPOILER: As it would be impossible to have a "sequel"

Wasn't sure how I felt about Cabin in the Woods but not that I see the logo on the site I'm kind of looking forward to this house now. I'll have to re watch the movie now.

I've been wanting to get down to Orlando for HHN for a while now, and this seems like the perfect opportunity. The movie was awesome, I can only imagine how Universal will bring it to life!

Looks like they're doing HHN right this year...I'm already going just based on 1 house announcement, and definitely looking forward to more of these videos.

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet...

2ttoV.jpg

At first I was super excited about this announcement.

Then I remembered that Universal never uses large puppets/animatronics, so none of the big monsters are going to make it into the finale for this house.

I had fun last year at HNN, but I think I'll stick with Netherworld this time:
8052222874_e86b806ba9_z.jpg

At first I was super excited about this announcement.

Then I remembered that Universal never uses large puppets/animatronics, so none of the big monsters are going to make it into the finale for this house.

I had fun last year at HNN, but I think I'll stick with Netherworld this time:
8052222874_e86b806ba9_z.jpg

Did you attend HHN in 2011? They had an AA THING break through the ceiling and roar as well as another busting through the wall.

Yup, that was a pretty big animatronic.

The Creature from "Creatures!" had a pretty big costume, which also in turn was an issue. I think they had to downsize his costume due to fire laws. I think that is one of the things that is often forgotten is how hard Orange County is to work with. Some might see that as some of a cop-out and maybe it is, but Orange County makes it impossible to have bitch black rooms, where as Hillsborough doesn't have any restrictions of the sort.

The Creature from "Creatures!" had a pretty big costume, which also in turn was an issue. I think they had to downsize his costume due to fire laws. I think that is one of the things that is often forgotten is how hard Orange County is to work with. Some might see that as some of a cop-out and maybe it is, but Orange County makes it impossible to have bitch black rooms, where as Hillsborough doesn't have any restrictions of the sort.

Well there is no way they could do pitch black and have the capacity they want.