King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true.

But, they also didn't keep it there cause they had this ride idea brewing for years. It's simply stayed as an homage to one of the greats, just like JAWS will remain there now too.

Nawww, Jaws is gonna go and Krusty the clown or Maggie is moving in. Haha

To help put this in perspective, this went from a refurb to a redo. I would imagine that the basic configuration is going to stay the same. And I would't be surprised if the earthquake room becomes a Kong 360/3D showroom. And I have one tiny little wish. I want one really good 35' tall AA.

Which is pretty much what they did when they overhauled earthquake to disaster give or take a few details. their thought process Makes more sense now....still return the ride but add a giant freaking monkey to it and broadcast it as a new attraction

To help put this in perspective, this went from a refurb to a redo. I would imagine that the basic configuration is going to stay the same. And I would't be surprised if the earthquake room becomes a Kong 360/3D showroom. And I have one tiny little wish. I want one really good 35' tall AA.

I imagine they'll Despicable Me it and use the space's full potential like they did with the living room.

Is it to much to ask for a physical ride please with full water and fire effects? I don’t mind some screen fusion but the fact they have the water tanks and fire infrastructure it would be a crime to just rip it out and give us yet another 3D screen based attraction with or without an AA Kong placed somewhere along its route. I visited Universal Florida for the first time in 1992 and remember Kong, Jaws and Ghostbusters been my favourite rides all of which are now gone. I remember riding Earthquake with my dad and how amazed we were at the pre show seeing the actual model set that they destroyed doing the filming.

I know things need to move on and be kept fresh but all of the above attractions had a few thing in common and that was the guest been lead by a real life host through real life sets and seeing real life effects. I think the modern Universal is missing out now by replacing these attractions for money saving screen based easy maintained rides. I don’t buy the universal is going green its all about the bottom line. Cut the hosts, cut the sets and cut the effects, means cut the bills.

Is it to much to ask for a physical ride please with full water and fire effects? I don’t mind some screen fusion but the fact they have the water tanks and fire infrastructure it would be a crime to just rip it out and give us yet another 3D screen based attraction with or without an AA Kong placed somewhere along its route. I visited Universal Florida for the first time in 1992 and remember Kong, Jaws and Ghostbusters been my favourite rides all of which are now gone. I remember riding Earthquake with my dad and how amazed we were at the pre show seeing the actual model set that they destroyed doing the filming.

I know things need to move on and be kept fresh but all of the above attractions had a few thing in common and that was the guest been lead by a real life host through real life sets and seeing real life effects. I think the modern Universal is missing out now by replacing these attractions for money saving screen based easy maintained rides. I don’t buy the universal is going green its all about the bottom line. Cut the hosts, cut the sets and cut the effects, means cut the bills.

And make more efficient, technologically brilliant attractions that make it that much more immersive. As others have said, if Spidey and FJ haven't convinced you that screens with a blend of physical sets are the way to go, I don't know what to tell you...

And make more efficient, technologically brilliant attractions that make it that much more immersive. As others have said, if Spidey and FJ haven't convinced you that screens with a blend of physical sets are the way to go, I don't know what to tell you...

Oh man, please not another fight.

I'm not in the mood for arguing - it's just getting very old to hear people actually complaining about what Universal might be doing. I don't care if we have a full on city set up or a completely enclosed screens set. We know what they're capable of. I understand wanting sets - but we have those. FJ gave us a great mix of sets and screens, and Gringotts will do that same. The key is utilizing them, and really starting to irritate me that people are complaining about technical marvels and rides that are likely (note: likely) to be amazing. I don't get upset whether they do it one way or another (although I'm always very curious to find out!), and I don't understand why others do.

Reactions: jtsalien
How about this for King Kong speculation?
attachment.php

I'm not in the mood for arguing - it's just getting very old to hear people actually complaining about what Universal might be doing. I don't care if we have a full on city set up or a completely enclosed screens set. We know what they're capable of. I understand wanting sets - but we have those. FJ gave us a great mix of sets and screens, and Gringotts will do that same. The key is utilizing them, and really starting to irritate me that people are complaining about technical marvels and rides that are likely (note: likely) to be amazing. I don't get upset whether they do it one way or another (although I'm always very curious to find out!), and I don't understand why others do.

I think it's because of two things: 1...building screen based attractions seems like they're going the cheap route, and 2...Universal already has tons of screen based attractions and fans want there to be a better balance between screen based and set/animatronic based rides.

Look at Universal Studios screen attractions in 2014:

-Shrek 4-D
-Despicable Me
-Transformers
-T2 3-D
-the Simpsons ride
-Hogwarts Express
-Gringotts Bank

That's 7 screen based attractions...5 of which use 3-D glasses.

Now compare that with non screen based:

-Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
-Twister
-Revenge of the Mummy
-Disaster
-Men In Black
-ET
-Kang and Kodos
-Woodys Nuthouse Coaster

8 non screen based rides...and that's including smaller rides! So I get where people's frustration comes from.

I am not sure what you missed in my post as I said “I don’t mind some screen fusion” and for the record I actual think spidey is the best ride in Orlando. The best part of spidey for me is the 3D fire ball effect and then to actual see the flame and feel the heat. As for FJ apart from the amazing tech I think it is actual over hyped and the transition from screen to sets isn’t very good but as with everything this is just an opinion. If like it is rumoured gringotts is to be a mix of modern screen tech and good old fashion physical effects then bring it on.

All I was saying was please for the love of god don’t rip out all the effects to just replace it with a giant 3D screen. Also the old ride was AMAZING so this has a lot to live up to but can’t wait.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not a fight. Frogki likes the new screen based way Universal is going I prefer the more studio feel and seeing the real effects of old. It’s just a difference of opinion and I fully respect his. On this note it is starting to feel that if you don’t agree with some thing or direction Universal is going then you get flamed for offering this opinion no matter how succinctly you put it. Don’t get me wrong I love Uni and both parks are in my top 10 parks but please don’t confuse offering a point of view to starting a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.