King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because I'm sticking up for others who don't know INSIDER INFORMATION doesn't mean you should label me as somebody who is just a dreamer and doesn't know jack. Who cares if I think DC could possibly happen? and not everybody has shot it down. There hasn't been confirmation that it will never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not even going to go there with you right now. And fyi I do know other posters have inside information. Some of you just need to really calm down. No harm is being done to you.

Other than you constantly ignoring people who are in the know simply because they disagree with you and disrespecting their knowledge and information? Many times have we peacefully asked you to put down the argument because it simply just isn't happening but you continue. If you have a problem with me then block me, I have no issue with that or you personally.

I've stated enough...do with it what you will.

Just because I'm sticking up for others who don't know INSIDER INFORMATION doesn't mean you should label me as somebody who is just a dreamer and doesn't know jack. Who cares if I think DC could possibly happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone did not shoot DC down.

Frankly, nobody cares what you think. Just nobody wants to hear it anymore.

And you're right. It was everyone and their mother.

Reactions: kracker182
Other than you constantly ignoring people who are in the know simply because they disagree with you and disrespecting their knowledge and information? Many times have we peacefully asked you to put down the argument because it simply just isn't happening but you continue. If you have a problem with me then block me, I have no issue with that or you personally.

I've stated enough...do with it what you will.

So your saying I'm the only one who brings up DC? That's a lie. I'm not being disrespectful at all. Who on here knows it will never happen? I guess I better never bring up anything that hasn't been 100 percent confirmed as an attraction for Universal ever again lol

Last edited:
These boards are meant to be a happy place....Let's not argue and stay happy! We are all here because we love King Kong!

m626EiB.jpg

who shot It down?

See, just because you asked that and ignored the rest of the excellent post below is insulting and disrespectful enough to the member base that's trying to carry on with intelligent discussion.

For the millionth time. What HTF said isn't gospel truth carried down from the mountain, written on stone tablets. He's been wrong before, and he'll be wrong again. He'll be the first one to admit that. He also damn sure doesn't know everything. HTF wasn't the one who broke the news about HP taking over Jaws, just to name a big one. To discount other knowledgeable people on here is rude, stupid, and disrespectful.

There are plenty of legitimate rumors to discuss. But just because HTF doesn't deny the possibility of My Little Pony, doesn't mean that's a legitimate idea. People have the capacity to think for themselves. Others besides HTF possess the abilities of critical thinking, and the apparently so difficult to ascertain notion of common sense.

People come to this website because OU is known for the best insider information, and that's not just from HTF. They know what they read here will be intelligent conversation. Not the same people, causing discussions to run around in the same circles, because they don't want to accept that an idea won't happen. If you want to go somewhere that throws every piece of crap to the wall and hopes it sticks, there's a very popular news site you can go to for that. But that's not here.

Reputation awarded for this gold mine of a post. Thank you, you hit the nail on the head, and it annoys me to no end that all Accio got out of this was "who shot it down!?"

Just because I'm sticking up for others who don't know INSIDER INFORMATION doesn't mean you should label me as somebody who is just a dreamer and doesn't know jack. Who cares if I think DC could possibly happen? and not everybody has shot it down. There hasn't been confirmation that it will never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not sticking up for anything other than an idea that logically won't happen. I'm labeling you as someone who has an idea, has it shot down due to a myriad of issues and roadblocks, and then continues to repeat the idea could happen because you apparently don't understand how logic works. Name me one person who actually believes there's a good shot of DC coming, and then I want them to navigate around the issues many of us here have pointed out. Then, I want them to tell me if Universal would want to risk going through all that trouble.

There will never be confirmation that something won't happen. Do you realize how inane that sounds? Do you think Universal releases a laundry list of properties that they've decided to confirm will never come to their parks? They haven't confirmed GI Joe isn't coming to their parks, so that means it must be a real possibility and worth spending 3+ pages discussing it when we have nothing to go on besides a fan's hopes and dreams. If you want to live in this fantasy world, I suggest you create your own Blue Sky thread for what you want *your* Universal park that isn't inhibited by legal and practical realities. But stop bringing it up here.

Frankly, nobody cares what you think. Just nobody wants to hear it anymore.

And you're right. It was everyone and their mother.

Zing! But yeah, again, no one wants to hear it. Please, please take it somewhere else.

So your saying I'm the only one who brings up DC? That's a lie. I'm not being disrespectful at all. Who on here knows it will never happen? I guess I better never bring up anything that hasn't been 100 percent confirmed as an attraction for Universal ever again lol

You're constantly being disrespectful by rejecting our requests to take your DC discussion somewhere else, and then claiming you won't listen to anyone's reasoned arguments unless they're HTF. The guy's great, but as JTS already pointed out, he isn't god, and the rest of us have brains, too.

Please bring up and discuss ideas that might logically make sense being at Universal - ones that have a chance of actually happening, either some sort of evidence from Universal itself or strong insider buzz. There's obviously no shortage of things to discuss... hell, we're in the KING KONG thread, there's the Jurassic Park expansion, a new Nighttime Show for Islands, a possible Toon Lagoon replacement, Diagon Alley, a KidZone redo, and a potential Smurfs and/or Lorax ride. Seriously, we don't need to be clogging up these threads with your DC nonsense.

I need to buy USO92 a beer. Just sayin'. :cheers:

I need to buy half of the people in this thread a beer.

:lol:

Accio, DC isn't going to happen, it's been said here millions of times. As cool as it would be, it just won't happen with Marvel staying. The posts by Fallow, USO92, Jt, etc pretty much sum it up.

Last edited:
To defend Accio Butterbeer and other people (like myself) who like to speculate wildly, we really don't have a place to do it. I mean, look at the HTF thread MADE for speculating, people were complaining because the ideas being thrown around were not realistic. Well, isn't that what a speculation thread is for? No, not all of us have insider information and I feel that sometimes people who don't have insider information are sorta treated like less than nothing. If a "insider" says something, everyone treats them as a god but if someone just comes up with an idea, they almost get shot for it. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the insider information here, I love the insiders and people who have real information, I love both concrete information and wild speculation and rumors. This is a THEME PARK forum, it's about rides and entertainment, guys. We are not curing cancer here. Some of you take this way too seriously.

While I agree that DC rumors should not be in this particular thread and maybe The MIB/Springfield Mystery Plot thread instead but even there, people shoot things down right away. I think some people like to hear straight from the horses mouth that something isn't happening. Didn't someone just mention that Universal got a deal with Legendary films, who holds the rights to TDK trilogy and Man of Steel? That probably sparked the DC thoughts again. I think what Accio Butterbeer is saying is that you guys say "Well, they can have a deal with Legendary, who cares. It can't happen", well, are you in the boardroom? Do you know the facts of the deal? No, no one does.

Point is, this is a forum, not the CNN of theme parks. People should be allowed to let their mind run wild with "wouldn't it be cool?" ideas. Not everything on here has to be drop dead serious.

I think we can go back to KING KONG speculation and leave the DC stuff to another place.

Last edited:
To defend Accio Butterbeer and other people (like myself) who like to speculate wildly, we really don't have a place to do it. I mean, look at the HTF thread MADE for speculating, people were complaining because the ideas being thrown around were not realistic. Well, isn't that what a speculation thread is for? No, not all of us have insider information and I feel that sometimes people who don't have insider information are sorta treated like less than nothing. If a "insider" says something, everyone treats them as a god but if someone just comes up with an idea, they almost get shot for it. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the insider information here, I love the insiders and people who have real information, I love both concrete information and wild speculation and rumors. This is a THEME PARK forum, it's about rides and entertainment, guys. We are not curing cancer here. Some of you take this way too seriously.

While I agree that DC rumors should not be in this particular thread and maybe The MIB/Springfield Mystery Plot thread instead but even there, people shoot things down right away. I think some people like to hear straight from the horses mouth that something isn't happening. Didn't someone just mention that Universal got a deal with Legendary films, who holds the rights to TDK trilogy and Man of Steel? That probably sparked the DC thoughts again. I think what Accio Butterbeer is saying is that you guys say "Well, they can have a deal with Legendary, who cares. It can't happen", well, are you in the boardroom? Do you know the facts of the deal? No, no one does.

Point is, this is a forum, not the CNN of theme parks. People should be allowed to let their mind run wild with "wouldn't it be cool?" ideas. Not everything on here has to be drop dead serious.

I think we can go back to KING KONG speculation and leave the DC stuff to another place.

Well said.

Everything can be considered unrealistic until people make it happen.

So . . . . . wouldn't it be cool if Universal opened up a DC . . . . shoe store :smiley:

By the way, my money is on a Dark Horse comic book land happening. That is 100% legit happening from my source The Muffin Man

Last edited:

Thank you Universal Freak . For not going with the crowd and just jumping all over me. Perfectly said. You deserve a beer lol And btw I was talking about King Kong before but I was responding to comment somebody else wrote about DC. Just throwing that out there.

Last edited:
Thank you Universal Freak . For not going with the crowd and just jumping all over me. Perfectly said. You deserve a beer lol

It's not just for you, it's for everyone here who comes up with an idea and gets told, in not so many words, that they are an idiot for even thinking it because it's not logistical, good for marketing or *insert fancy word here*. You know what else didn't make sense a few years ago? Touch screen tablets, but I bet you guys have an iPad, don't you?

And I don't drink, so I'll take a Coke. :cheers:

Sent from my iPad. :thumbs:

Okay, I'm gonna break this down.

One generally speculates about things that have a chance of happening - i.e., the King Kong attraction. Not some inane idea like DC Super Heroes or GI Joe or My Little Pony or whatever that has no basis or evidence other than someone liking the property. If you want to create a thread to discuss ideas YOU have personally made up for your own magical Universal Studios park that has no restrictions, do so. If you refuse to do it, I'll make a thread for you to discuss it in so you can't keep claiming it doesn't exist.

Hatetofly's Secret Stash is a members-only thread used as an outlet for HTF to disseminate insider info he's been passed, followed by discussion. It's not everyone's personal dumping ground for their BS blue sky speculation. It's members-only because it has the best, most juicy rumors on the site (and debatably on the web Universal-wise). These people who join the site just to see the Stash do not want to see people talking about random ideas that won't happen like DC. It's confusing. They come to talk about the projects that may actually happen or elements of what IS happening - Kong, Springfield, Diagon Alley, Lorax, Jurassic Park, etc. That's what people are speculating about - that's what speculation it is. It's discussing projects that have legs and have a decent likelihood of existing/panning out into reality. Not personal hopes or desires. That's not legitimate speculation, that's dreaming.

If someone offers an idea and it's a good one that makes logical sense, people will generally say so. If it's a random idea that makes little sense and probably won't happen, people will generally say so. If someone keeps existing the latter idea COULD happen, people will generally ask them to stop talking about it, because no one wants to hear about it. They want to talk about what could actually happen.

Most of the people here aren't insiders and they don't disagree. It's not that people who aren't insiders are being treated as less than dirt, that's a gross overgeneralization - people are finally getting annoyed at the people who use legitimate speculative threads as springboards for their own pipe dreams for the parks. It isn't the place. We've asked you to move it elsewhere, and you keep claiming it could happen because Universal or HTF haven't said it isn't so.

At this point, DC should have its own separate thread so the people naive enough to truly believe it could happen can discuss it there and nowhere else. Universal is in talks with Legendary Pictures for some sort of deal. No one knows what it's about, but the fact that they have a stake in Man of Steel and the Dark Knight trilogy is a moot point - because it's ignoring the source of the problem which is Disney/Marvel itself. They won't care if it's the film versions of DC or the print versions, they'll find a way to take it to court and battle out Universal for breach of contract. And frankly? I think they'd have a case, though I'm no lawyer - it's just common sense. I don't have to be in the board room to see that.

Bottom line: Keep the "just for fun, what if" ideas in a separate thread designated as such. Stop mixing it up in the legitimate speculation threads. Please.

It's not just for you, it's for everyone here who comes up with an idea and gets told, in not so many words, that they are an idiot for even thinking it because it's not logistical, good for marketing or *insert fancy word here*. You know what else didn't make sense a few years ago? Touch screen tablets, but I bet you guys have an iPad, don't you?

And I don't drink, so I'll take a Coke. :cheers:

Sent from my iPad. :thumbs:

Well that was pretty much what I was trying to say without going crazy and posting 9 posts. So thanks for standing up for everyone else. Here's an unlimited supply of Coke haha

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when this thread was about a monkey.

I didn't even start talking about it. I was just responding to it earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.