King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see Universal use this sort of 'layered' screen technology on a large scale.
[video=youtube;4r6lY8S4A6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r6lY8S4A6E#at=332[/video]

Cool. Never seen that before. I am impressed. One thing I keep thinking about for potter is the angles when walking past the train windows. Hoping this is an advancement that's already in the Potter plans and in Universals minds for future projects.

Very cool video showing the behind the scenes of Kongfrontation.
[video=youtube;8Ut0876u2fA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ut0876u2fA[/video]

Did not now in what thread to share this.

We need real sets,props,AAs. If they can do it in the 90's why not now.

Last edited:

That entire video is really neat. I love looking at the way Universal operated in it's early years, it had a really unique charm going for it...

The thing is that too many 3d attractions will be a bit... blah.

If back in the GE days we got great full-set attractions like Kongfrontation and Jaws. I can see Comcast making some primarily set, some-screen attractions

EDIT: Apparently, those attraction were not in fact in the "GE days"

Last edited:
I find the screen argument tiring now. If Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey, and Transformers haven't changed your mind, I don't know what to tell you. There's so much more that can be done with projection technology than robotics. I'd much rather the money be put into ride vehicles.
There
s more that can be done, yes, but when i'm in a theme park, I expect physical sets and AAs to fully immerse myself. Spidey and FJ do a good job with this, TF not so much.

Gas prices from my first trip to Universal in July of 2001. In a creepy twist, when they showed the videos that the 9/11 terrorists took in the Orlando parks, I discovered I shared the parks with them for a day. Ironic twist, we took that picture as we were leaving out as an example of how HIGH gas prices has become.

Back on topic though, I think a good mix of screens and animitronics would be great, although I hope there is at least one HUGE Kong animitronic. Put the money into it for a high quality one, and I believe the effect would be fantastic.

Last edited:

This video is great. Brings back some great memories

I've been doing some research about the original Kong figure:

Height: 40"
-Head 10" tall
-660 pounds of fur

Pictures from Air N' Art Designs:

I don't know how similar the USF and USH figures were, but according to an LA Times article regarding USH's tour figure:
-Weight: 7 tons