King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it has 1 AA then it's fine...but if the just a longer Kong 360 forget it. Disaster at least has physical sets and some cool effects that happen...falling roads, exploding trucks, water, runaway sub trains...Kong 360 did t really make me feel like I was there...it was just an impressive movie. I want real now and then...the park has more than enough screen based attractions: Despicable me, Shrek, Terminator, Transformers, Simpsons...most likely Gringotts and Hogwarts Express too...

I mostly agree with you I just never have liked Disaster. I would also much rather have the classic Kong over 360

A 3D attraction like Toy Story Mania can easily be replicated with your Wii and a desk chair. Transformers can not.

Since Universal Studios Florida no longer really focuses on "movie making" I am ok with them becoming the "amazing film tech" park.

I would really like to see your 200' long 3D TV.

A 3D attraction like Toy Story Mania can easily be replicated with your Wii and a desk chair. Transformers can not.

Since Universal Studios Florida no longer really focuses on "movie making" I am ok with them becoming the "amazing film tech" park.

There even is a Toy Story Mania video game! :lol: it's just like having Shrek 4D on Netfilx.

you should really change your user name to DisneyHater, because the anger seems apparant in almost every other post. Just sayin.

you should really change your user name to DisneyHater, because the anger seems apparant in almost every other post. Just sayin.

I can't speak for Disneyhead but I can speak for myself, as I have pretty similar views.

I grew up with Disney, I loved Disney when I was younger, and it upsets me to see the company take such a backseat approach to what used to be the greatest resort in the world. Now all they seem to care about is being a timeshare company with a resort that keeps decaying as it's main selling point.

I don't hate Disney, I just want them to get their head out of their asses and go back to what made them great, or at the very least begin to compete with their second rate competitors which are now either on par or ahead of Disney depending on who you talk to.

Maybe I should have said Soarin' or Mission Space instead of Transformers. Because those are 2 quite special screen based attractions that your (not you specifically) TV can't do.

I don't hate Disney. I think the TWDC does some amazing stuff. I do ABSOLUTELY LOATHE what TDO, under the guiding hand of Meg Crofton, has done to my favorite destination theme park resort. Just about every single move TDO has done in the past 10 years has pissed me off.

If it has 1 AA then it's fine...but if the just a longer Kong 360 forget it. Disaster at least has physical sets and some cool effects that happen...falling roads, exploding trucks, water, runaway sub trains...Kong 360 did t really make me feel like I was there...it was just an impressive movie. I want real now and then...the park has more than enough screen based attractions: Despicable me, Shrek, Terminator, Transformers, Simpsons...most likely Gringotts and Hogwarts Express too...

I think this ride will be the least screen based ride since Rockit, there's too many great set pieces in Disaster for me to think they'll totally get rid of them

I find the screen argument tiring now. If Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey, and Transformers haven't changed your mind, I don't know what to tell you. There's so much more that can be done with projection technology than robotics. I'd much rather the money be put into ride vehicles.

I see both sides of the story. On the one hand, I love the abilities we have with screens - it just becomes so much easier to create an immersive fun experience without breaking the bank or worrying so much about maintenance. On the other hand, I absolutely love physical sets. They make things seem so much more real - one of the biggest reasons I love MIBAA is the fact that I always notice some new landmark NY building when I go on. Physical sets make me appreciate detail a lot more.
So I agree with Jungle and Reel on the fact that screen based rides are the future, and Universal knows how to utilize that tech to make brilliant attractions. However, I also agree that it would be really great if we could get some sort of animatronic/physical set piece.
Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how Universal handles this...

I see both sides of the story. On the one hand, I love the abilities we have with screens - it just becomes so much easier to create an immersive fun experience without breaking the bank or worrying so much about maintenance. On the other hand, I absolutely love physical sets. They make things seem so much more real - one of the biggest reasons I love MIBAA is the fact that I always notice some new landmark NY building when I go on. Physical sets make me appreciate detail a lot more.
So I agree with Jungle and Reel on the fact that screen based rides are the future, and Universal knows how to utilize that tech to make brilliant attractions. However, I also agree that it would be really great if we could get some sort of animatronic/physical set piece.

But Potter, Spidey, and TF all have physical pieces to go along with the sets. I don't see this not having physical sets. I forsee a screen/3-D Kong interacting with physical things in the environment.

But Potter, Spidey, and TF all have physical pieces to go along with the sets. I don't see this not having physical sets. I forsee a screen/3-D Kong interacting with physical things in the environment.

And I think that would be great. I think you're probably right in that this will utilize some physical sets along with the 3D effects. But once again, I see where others are coming from. While practically it doesn't make sense (and likely won't happen), you have to admit that a Kong AA, if done correctly, would be fantastic to see in person.
I'd be satisfied with a simple Kong in the queue as Disneyhead suggested earlier. I think for the ride itself, screen sequences would be a grand solution to the issues that plague AAs.

I think what we all would ideally want would be a perfect blending of the two elements. While physical sets add detail and realism, projections and screens can accomplish what otherwise wouldn't be able to be accomplished. From the information we know so far, it sounds like Gringott's may be able to be that ideal mixture that we all want, so I think it's safe to say that there's hope that Kong may be similar in that aspect.

The problem is, somewhere along the line, audio animatronic technology reached its peak. Jack Sparrow, Ben Franklin, Wicked Witch etc is the best they can do. That's the limit.

Projection technology and digital animation still have room to grow (who knows if there's a limit?) Just wait until they can do 3D without glasses on a massive scale!

I like the idea of keeping the Disaster sets and implementing screens behind them, having the projected technology interact with the effects.

What Im wondering is if theyll loop the track around instead of having it be a shuttle like Disaster is now. It would help capacity, but cut into backstage areas, extended queue space, and TM walkways, as well as possibly the HE.

I've been doing some research about the original Kong figure:

Height: 40"
-Head 10" tall
-660 pounds of fur

Pictures from Air N' Art Designs:
sci%2c%20kong%20head1.jpg

sci%2c%20kong%20mouth%20frame.jpg

sci%2c%20kong%20hand.jpg

sci%2c%20kong1.jpg

sci%2c%20kong2.jpg

I don't know how similar the USF and USH figures were, but according to an LA Times article regarding USH's tour figure:
-Weight: 7 tons