What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 23: The Walking Dead: The Undead Streets

Wow. Just.... wow.

If you really wanted to go the IP route with SZ's, why not just make a SZ for each house? Raccoon City, CitW, WD, ED, etc.? I am normally not a complainer about anything really... but this is ridiculous. And I thought it was bad that WD got a maze and the Terror Tram last year.

Agreed, the days of Roddy where the whole event was pure originality was amazing...now they watch a movie or a show, point at the screen and say "That'll make a cool house, lets do that"

Agreed, the days of Roddy where the whole event was pure originality was amazing...now they watch a movie or a show, point at the screen and say "That'll make a cool house, lets do that"

I don't have any problem with that.

My problem is making the event centered around one (crappy) property.

yup, although marketing has a big say in it now. I'm more excited for HOS this year than HHN. HOS has some pretty cool original ideas which I'm a sucker for...not this IP crap.

If the whole park becomes one big Walking Dead "house" then they should have dedicated the actual house to something else. I wouldn't love that either, but it would be slightly better. This is nuts!

I don't have any problem with that.

My problem is making the event centered around one (crappy) property.

But I do, what made HHN so unique and amazing is they took the ideas of a place like Netherworld, and blew it up to a huge scale and nothing ever before seen.

Knotts Berry Farm still has a completely original event, and to me seems to be even better now than HHN.

so wait... ALL Street experiences will be zombies?

That is pretty lame. I actually enjoyed the randomness of last years event. You never reallty knew what you would see lurking around the corner. If the entire park goes "zombie" ill be disappointed..unless they are really active zombies.

Well I will chime in as a Walking Dead fan, that while this is a little overboard, I am excited about it. I know a lot of you dont like the overuse of IPs, but it is the overuse of IPs (Harry Potter, Simpsons, WD last year) that has given CC the extra $$$ to do the amazing things they are doing. So I can do original items that will only appeal to select group of fans, or I can substantially broaden my customer base by utilizing proven IPs. Hmm, I would be disappointed if they didn't choose the IP route, especially when you see their recent track record when given a in flux of cash.

Murdy just announced that WD will be a maze and the TT again out in Hollywood. Not surprised. I am, however, surprised that the WD house was the highest rated house ever in the history of HHN Hollywood. Just goes to show you can't buy good taste...

Well I will chime in as a Walking Dead fan, that while this is a little overboard, I am excited about it. I know a lot of you dont like the overuse of IPs, but it is the overuse of IPs (Harry Potter, Simpsons, WD last year) that has given CC the extra $$$ to do the amazing things they are doing. So I can do original items that will only appeal to select group of fans, or I can substantially broaden my customer base by utilizing proven IPs. Hmm, I would be disappointed if they didn't choose the IP route, especially when you see their recent track record when given a in flux of cash.

IPs for permanent attractions and HHN is a totally different beast.

HHN has ALWAYS been a huge moneymaker for them. IPs aren't going to change that.

The WD "street experience" was terrible last year. Now, it'll be the whole event. Uninspired actors in makeup walking around gnawing on rubber limbs...terrifying...

I apologize to everyone I mocked. This is a travesty.

IPs for permanent attractions and HHN is a totally different beast.

HHN has ALWAYS been a huge moneymaker for them. IPs aren't going to change that.

And it's also different to have a bunch of IP's that will appeal to people (one WD sz and one WD maze) than it is to give the WD ALL of the sz's and a maze. Many of us are not bothered by IP's... but this is something entirely different. This is pandering.

I feel very uneasy about it. As a fan of the show, it's going a little overkill. However, if they plan on using it as the sole experience/scarezone, Universal better look like it is in ruins, sets throughout the park, and zombies...zombies...zombies.

Still though, color me a disappointed. Just trying to make the best out of it.

Furthermore, WTF does Evil Takes Root have to do with this now?

And it's also different to have a bunch of IP's that will appeal to people (one WD sz and one WD maze) than it is to give the WD ALL of the sz's and a maze. Many of us are not bothered by IP's... but this is something entirely different. This is pandering.

Completely agree.

And to add to your ETR point BriMan, how the hell does Legendary Truth fit!?:bang: