Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

Ok so I'm a chicken:'( But I love the scare zones, and do you know what house will be the least scariest one? Last year I liked house of horrors and gothic.

I'm not watching the walk-though and spoiling myself when I'm gonna see it live in just over a week, but I do want to point out something else for those with complaints based on the videos. I've read from the people who attended the event that they got to go through twice: first a full-on show walk-through, with no recording / photography... and the second time around it was with the lights on, when they were allowed to record. So, in those videos (from the second walk-through), the actors might be posing or being more self-conscious than focusing on the scares, and then the lights will be different than guests will experience.

Now a few rant-ish comments, if you will...
I think there's a disconnect between PR / Uni uppers, and A&D / Creative, and how they would handle things. I think OU (and other sites like it) get the short end because of the uppers who make the decisions on who gets the invites. I think if it were up to the A&D / Creative, these events and many things would be different. OU and some other boards were included on the HHN presentation at the Halloween Extreme / Mayhem event a few months ago, and I take that as a nod from A&D / Creative team of the event to the passionate fans (aka us) on these boards.

I might be wrong, but I think it's pretty clear why sites like OU are getting the cold shoulder in general from Uni, and it's because of the uppers who (understandably) don't like all info and details that are revealed from their upcoming projects, which they'd prefer to keep secret or reveal on their own terms... but they really need to get over it. For better and for worse, ease of communication and access to a lot of information is just part of the way things are in this day and age with all the technology available. I think they should stop 'taking it out' on these sites and rather work from the inside to keep their employees' and contractors' lids better sealed. Basically, if leaks are your issue, fix your pipes... Don't cut out / punishing the messengers, which happen to be some of the biggest fans, supporters and endorsers of your company.

Couldnt agree more!!!! :thumbs:

Ok so I'm a chicken:'( But I love the scare zones, and do you know what house will be the least scariest one? Last year I liked house of horrors and gothic.

Least scary huh.... Uh Evil Dead :look:

Did I get invited? Nope... People love my site and my Facebook page. Am I upset? Yep but I'm moving on cause I get emails every week from Haunts telling me thanks for all I do.

Anyways enough of that.. The only house I'm super excited for is AWIL cause they been wanted to do this for so long.. After B&T on Wed this will be the first house I hit.

It's just disheartening when all you have to do is run a forum for a few weeks or have two episodes of a podcast to get media these days.

If you're referring to "The Collective," they did not get media access. One of the aforementioned "super fans" happens to be associated with that website, so they just acted like they got an official media invitation.

That said, this is a larger problem, and I absolutely agree that it's disheartening.

I really don't even care about getting the media access for myself. I'm honestly not even upset on a personal level, I just don't think being a super fan and getting access should be a thing. This idea would piss off all the "super fans", but if I was in marketing I would want to pick the casual but die hard fan who isn't as involved in the community. They're going to create a lot more positive press than the "super fan". I think that is what I liked about the Tweet-Up, it catered to everyone. It catered to media, it catered to casual fans, and it catered to hardcore fans. I can understand some of the limitations, but set a lottery or something.

I love the tweet up and I think it was a huge success on every level.. I didnt hear anything negative about that night at all.

I have my site since 2011 and I have a huge fan base (Both HHN fans and non HHN fans) that look to me for a main source of Haunt news 365 days a year. As I said I'm upset I wasnt invited but it was UO lost not mine.

When you have a person from Face off telling me he goes to my site first before Haunt World then that means A LOT to me...

Spoiler Alert

Afterlife is the spinning vortex house this year and the opening scene is the return of ol sparky the Electric Chair.

Spoiler Alert

Afterlife is the spinning vortex house this year and the opening scene is the return of ol sparky the Electric Chair.

We knew about Old Sparky of course thanks to the pictures, but glad to hear the vortex is back - here's hoping they have an actually disorienting design on it this year.

If you missed the arguments on Facebook, expect Resident Evil to be one of the weaker houses (it's short and apparently reuses quite a bit from Silent Hill, plus some other things I can't say).

If you missed the arguments on Facebook, expect Resident Evil to be one of the weaker houses (it's short and apparently reuses quite a bit from Silent Hill, plus some other things I can't say).
I really wish Resident Evil could've been where Evil Dead is seeing how with ED we'll keep on seeing the same character

Where is this information about Resident Evil coming from? The images Universal Orlando has released have all looked so good. I love the typewriter!

People who have walked through the house, info gets around. I got a full run down on the house a bit ago, and it isn't pretty, folks. Expect a LOT of generic zombies and a bunch of reused elements from Silent Hill. May want to adjust your expectations for the "pause" scene, too, and don't expect too many recognizable areas from the game.

Cabin in the Woods sounds pretty great, and Evil Dead's facade will have multiple parts - super elaborate. AWIL may be having some last minute installation problems that'll hopefully be resolved by Wednesday.

People who have walked through the house, info gets around. I got a full run down on the house a bit ago, and it isn't pretty, folks. Expect a LOT of generic zombies and a bunch of reused elements from Silent Hill. May want to adjust your expectations for the "pause" scene, too, and don't expect too many recognizable areas from the game.

This is a bummer..

Cabin in the Woods sounds pretty great, and Evil Dead's facade will have multiple parts - super elaborate. AWIL may be having some last minute installation problems that'll hopefully be resolved by Wednesday.

That's a shame. I lowered expectations when HTF said it would be the shortest house this year and after what you just said this has moved down on my list :(