Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2013 Holidays at Universal

To be clear, capacity is more of a staffing issue than a size issue. This is to say that if management screws up on projections, then the capacity may be far lower than the demand. Think: Security, servers, M&G characters, janitorial etc.

I've heard various numbers. Somewhere between 35-45k. I think Stuios is around 55k.

I'm almost positive it isnt in the 40's or 50's.

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear, capacity is more of a staffing issue than a size issue. This is to say that if management screws up on projections, then the capacity may be far lower than the demand. Think: Security, servers, M&G characters, janitorial etc.

When I mentioned the size of SeaWorld, I wasnt referring to physical square footage. SeaWorld has multiple stadiums that hold a ton of people each. Also, shows are generally consistent in the amount of employees they require, and since SeaWorld is less reliant on rides, their employee influx is less and their capacity is greater.

Won't go into numbers or anything, but we had an extremely successful holiday season this year, and from what I hear, it was still busy yesterday (I was off).

A lot of CFL schools were off yesterday, and some colleges are still off one more week, so there's probably still some of those crowds left. I'm looking forward to going in the next few weeks once the crowds hopefully have died down considerably. I went this past weekend for the final day of the parade and to see the last (of the current) Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue, and the whole resort was pretty packed.