Falcon's Fury | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Falcon's Fury

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This attraction is quite the optical illusion as Busch has some tall coasters and rides around it...once you're on it you may have a different opinion of how high you actually feel...again..my palms are sweaty

I'll be making this face on my first ride (0:24)

[video=youtube;ninXasKKGI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ninXasKKGI8#t=19[/video]

Having been on Dropzone at KD I know how high that damn thing is :lol: Yeah I'm scurrrred

Having also been on DropZone, Id have to say it could be a lot worse. I never really got the hype about drop tower rides...the Intamin ones have such big seats and large restraints I guess Ive just never been scared. That being said, this new 90-degree face down thing could be pretty intense, but does Sheikra not offer the same sensation? You all are being babies :lol:

A few shot's released by Busch Gardens today . . .

FalconsFury-242.jpg

FalconsFury-241.jpg

Copyright - Aerial Innovations

Last edited:
A while back I asked if anyone had any questions for the Busch Gardens Technical Team regarding Falcon's Fury and a few of you did. Sorry it took so long for me to acquire answers but here they are . . .

Will there be 'sway' cables attached to the top?

Falcon’s Fury will be North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower. This means it will have no additional cable or support structures.

How do they know there are no imminent sink holes beneath?

To ensure there’s no imminent risks of sinkholes, there was an extensive geotechnical analysis that was performed during the foundation process for Falcon’s Fury.

Will there be exposed lift cables?

The lift cables for Falcon’s Fury will all be enclosed in cable protection assemblies along the side of the ride.

What machinery will be encased inside the tower?

The ride is powered by (4) DC motors located in the top section of Falcon’s Fury. A 68-ton counterweight will travel on the inside of the tower to counter-balance the ride vehicle assembly, allowing it to ascend and descend.

Any decorative crown for the top of the tower?

No, there will not be a decorative crown.

Are you venturing away from the traditional African theming? Pantopia?

Pantopia will not embody the elements of any one geographical place. The fully remodeled land will boast elaborately-jeweled theming and feature thrilling rides and attractions, sensational new food and beverage options, exciting entertainment, shopping, a renovated indoor theater and more. Guests will step into a mystical land and unlock the wonders of nature. Pantopia will be a place of unification and celebration where animals inspire art and creativity.

The ride is powered by (4) DC motors located in the top section of Falcon’s Fury. A 68-ton counterweight will travel on the inside of the tower to counter-balance the ride vehicle assembly, allowing it to ascend and descend.

Did we know that counterweights were part of these kinds of attractions? I had no idea.

Regarding the freestanding. It defies my mind's eye of physics. I would think even a minor earth tremor would jeopardize it's standing. Even the world trade centers had sway cables.

Thanks for following up Bob (even though I was a much younger guy when you asked for questions).

Did we know that counterweights were part of these kinds of attractions? I had no idea.

I believe that drop towers usually have counterweights but launch towers do not.

Regarding the freestanding. It defies my mind's eye of physics. I would think even a minor earth tremor would jeopardize it's standing. Even the world trade centers had sway cables.

All I can say about guy cables is that the ride would be much less impressive with them :shrug:

Thanks for following up Bob (even though I was a much younger guy when you asked for questions).

I know, I know. Sometimes these things take time.

All questions were addressed. Most were answered and as you pointed out few were not. These questions still stand and I am waiting for a reply. It's also possible for one reason or another that do not want to answer these questions at this time. :shrug:

Strange, who are you in touch with? Maybe I'll see if I can set something up with Mark Rose. He's one of my favorite people to talk to over there. Always willing to chat about the technical stuff :)

^ That would be great. At this time I'm dealing with the Media Relations Manager. He has been very helpful and I greatly appreciate his efforts.