Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the podcast I also mention issues with RV's as well as busbar problems.

Aaah... that does take a complicated system and make it even more complicated. Hmmm... the busbar must be needed to power the actuators among other things at given special moments. Hadn't considered that.

It is times like these that harsh decisions can be made. I hear "month delays" as more hyperbole than anything. I think there is a better chance that they will weld the track together with new pieces and trash the great effect they were hoping for to open all at once.

I look forward to getting updates on these problems.

2itr5hw.jpg

:wave:

[link for hq]

:died:

Very happy to see your artwork show up again! Thank you! :rep:

This is seriously beautiful. I want to have it framed.

You can: http://society6.com/violarum/Know-Y...urn-Horizont-Alleys-Muggle-Edition_Print#1=45 :thumbs:

Reactions: violarum
Yeah, :look: It's called, "Chop it off flush!". I wonder why it took them this long to make the pragmatic and obvious decision. On the other hand, WDI would have rented conference and hotel rooms in Cancun and held an in depth symposium and feasibility study.

And it'll look unfinished. How can someone make a mistake like that. Disney takes forever but what they do (for the most part) looks perfect.

Speaking of effects blocking the track that was removed - I remember Spiderman, when it first opened, had the Liberty head actually blocking the track - now its already up when you approach it

I would chop off the other end too. There are many buildings that don't have a wrapped cornice. Then it would be Disney perfect.

We are only looking at the areas visible to guests right now we already see mistakes, and "chops" on what is, should be, a fairly simple facade. I cant help but anticipate more of these design flaws especially with HTF mentioning there are cuts and issues inside. These "chops" grow and equate to the exposed FJ building.

I've heard everyone bring up the mirrors but I'm truly curious as to how magical they'll make the transition onto platform 9 3/4 do you think we'll get to go one at a time? Maybe even need an employee of some sort in front of the wall telling us when we can walk through so we don't hit someone on the other side LOL I don't know I've been really wondering how special they can make that jump onto the platform because it is such a big thing in the movie and something really cool if they can accomplish it in real life

Until yesterday I didn't think I was going to travel to the US for another couple of years at least... but a potential opportunity has come up for travel to Florida this year in August. My question is, what are my chances of DA being open and complete during August? Should I get excited, or should I set myself up for disappointment? :shrug:

Until yesterday I didn't think I was going to travel to the US for another couple of years at least... but a potential opportunity has come up for travel to Florida this year in August. My question is, what are my chances of DA being open and complete during August? Should I get excited, or should I set myself up for disappointment? :shrug:

I'm thinking you'll probably be just fine by then. The main section has to open by this summer, and if for whatever reason there is a delay on gringotts, I imagine they'll have it sorted by August.

Sorry but bit of a rant here:

We are only looking at the areas visible to guests right now we already see mistakes, and "chops" on what is, should be, a fairly simple facade. I cant help but anticipate more of these design flaws especially with HTF mentioning there are cuts and issues inside. These "chops" grow and equate to the exposed FJ building.

Actually your only looking at AN ACTIVE CONSTRUCTION SITE. For all you know they knew the sign was going to be an issue but they decided to make the final decision on how much to cut off at the site, to ensure the best look. Wouldn't be the first time that happened. Your criticizing the final product of something that is in now way done, and that is absolutely ridiculous. And back to this damn thing about the FJ show building. I mean lets ignore the fact that if they put rock work around the building it would have looked really really stupid to have this giant mountain with a mini castle in the corner, you know kinda like how the Be our Guest castle's force perspective fails, and it looks tiny not far away. Lets instead look at the fact that's been pointed out over and over again, for the most part NO ONE CARES! The average guest doesn't notice. If the land is doing it's job your not taking the time to notice the show building.

But hey, at least you have your point about how Disney takes forever but they don't make small stupid mistakes
Yeti.jpg

They make huge ones

The Exposed FJ building is not very exposed anymore.They have let the trees grow up and closing the lower bridge in JP means no one walks straight at the building anymore.You can barely see it through the trees.(and that was a few weeks ago in January theoretically winter)

The ride description from Theme Park Insider mentions Harry and Hermione - does anyone know if Dan and/or Emma filmed footage for this expansion? Are we seeing "Harry and Hermione" as Harry and Hermione or as InvisibilityCloak!Harry and Bellatrix, as in Deathly Hallows?

Also, does anyone have information on the supposed 80-foot drop? Is there that kind of space in the building? Is it an illusion? I was expecting a relatively tame ride, but an 80-foot drop is pretty intense.

The ride description from Theme Park Insider mentions Harry and Hermione - does anyone know if Dan and/or Emma filmed footage for this expansion? Are we seeing "Harry and Hermione" as Harry and Hermione or as InvisibilityCloak!Harry and Bellatrix, as in Deathly Hallows?

Also, does anyone have information on the supposed 80-foot drop? Is there that kind of space in the building? Is it an illusion? I was expecting a relatively tame ride, but an 80-foot drop is pretty intense.

I believe they filmed footage for Gringotts. And I'm still waiting for an answer if there's a drop, or if there's a drop track sequence?

I'm thinking you'll probably be just fine by then. The main section has to open by this summer, and if for whatever reason there is a delay on gringotts, I imagine they'll have it sorted by August.

Thank you! I was worried that it might open by the END of summer... so I was a little concerned! :happy:

Beautiful drawing. I'm assuming the Hogwarts Express passing over Diagon Alley was an artistic liberty though. Wasn't it decided that the "train bridge" is not meant to represent the HE track?

On another note, is there any update on whether or not Gringotts will allow Express passes when it opens. The chatter on TPI seems to be that it will... although I think HTF has stated it will not be offered until later.

Status
Not open for further replies.