Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A delay won't be the end of the world, I'd rather they have the ride up and running good instead of constantly breaking down the first few weeks.

Also a "Soft Opening" of Diagon Alley, and no GB or HE, seems perfectly fair to me. I guarantee most of the locals on this board would be pretty excited regardless. It memory serves did'nt Hogsmede soft open before FJ due to techincal issues? Am I correct?

I didn't really follow the theme parks as closely as I do now, but I remember being there around June 6 and we were able to ride FJ. Not sure how early into softs that was though.

Also a "Soft Opening" of Diagon Alley, and no GB or HE, seems perfectly fair to me. I guarantee most of the locals on this board would be pretty excited regardless. It memory serves did'nt Hogsmede soft open before FJ due to techincal issues? Am I correct?

I would be really disappointed if we had a staggered opening with Diagon Alley. Universal has always struck when the iron was hot and gave us the whole package, and if they were to do exactly what's happening over at New Fantasyland it would be a major letdown. And sure locals wouldn't mind, but those guests who save up for years to come would be pretty damn angry.

I would be really disappointed if we had a staggered opening with Diagon Alley. Universal has always struck when the iron was hot and gave us the whole package, and if they were to do exactly what's happening over at New Fantasyland it would be a major letdown. And sure locals wouldn't mind, but those guests who save up for years to come would be pretty damn angry.

I wonder what JK Rowling would think and how much control over that she would have?

A delay won't be the end of the world, I'd rather they have the ride up and running good instead of constantly breaking down the first few weeks.

It did not, FJ experienced issues some days and had issues opening, but the land did not open without the ride.

Most people would.

I wonder what JK Rowling would think and how much control over that she would have?

:wave: Also don't forget about WB

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Your going to bring this demo reel back up?

Didn't they contract Nassal again? I can't remember if they're just doing prefab or if they were on-site, but I can't imagine the brickwork issue stemming from them. Who goofed on the station?

The concrete sculpture in the station is most likely being done by a KH S&S as they are onsite doing everything else concrete sculpture related.

Please take this with a grain of salt as I feel Universal will figure it out but "months" was a term actually used. Granted it was in a time of heavy frustration but a term used regardless…

You mentioned programming and not hardware as the issue. I see no reason why this cannot be overcome in a few months. If it is a combo of programming and hardware (which it kind of is anyway) ok. If there are problems with hardware or an inability of the hardware to talk to the software then, "oh dear".

Not sure why you can't tell us more precisely what it is. There must be 10-30 people involved that know about the situation.

The problem must be pretty bad if they're already thinking delays when it's not even due to open for 4 months. :lol:

Looks like they've found a workaround for the Leicester cornice that was encroaching on the Wyndham's sign. Also a nice zoom shot through the entrance. You can see the WWW main exterior has not been painted yet.

From Orlando Informer:

[video=youtube;p9kCQXAeuD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9kCQXAeuD4[/video]

I am wondering what kind of safeties they have planed for that one. They can have sensors and breaks, but I imagine there needs to be some sort of a mechanical safety that prevents hitting the screen no matter what.

Roller coaster brakes fail safe. KUKA arms fail safe. No worries.

Please take this with a grain of salt as I feel Universal will figure it out but "months" was a term actually used. Granted it was in a time of heavy frustration but a term used regardless…

I'm all like :bang::'( but I'm trying to be like :meditate:

Looks awesome! But OMG I can't wait for Wyndham's Theatre to be painted lol...

Looks like they've found a workaround for the Leicester cornice that was encroaching on the Wyndham's sign. Also a nice zoom shot through the entrance. You can see the WWW main exterior has not been painted yet.

From Orlando Informer:

[video=youtube;p9kCQXAeuD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9kCQXAeuD4[/video]

Ah-hem, Springfield......

Looks like they've found a workaround for the Leicester cornice...

Yeah, :look: It's called, "Chop it off flush!". I wonder why it took them this long to make the pragmatic and obvious decision. On the other hand, WDI would have rented conference and hotel rooms in Cancun and held an in depth symposium and feasibility study.

2itr5hw.jpg

:wave:

[link for hq]

This is seriously beautiful. I want to have it framed.

The concrete sculpture in the station is most likely being done by a KH S&S as they are onsite doing everything else concrete sculpture related.

You mentioned programming and not hardware as the issue. I see no reason why this cannot be overcome in a few months. If it is a combo of programming and hardware (which it kind of is anyway) ok. If there are problems with hardware or an inability of the hardware to talk to the software then, "oh dear".

Not sure why you can't tell us more precisely what it is. There must be 10-30 people involved that know about the situation.

On the podcast I also mention issues with RV's as well as busbar problems.

On the podcast I also mention issues with RV's as well as busbar problems.

I wondered about this when you said it; what exactly do you mean by busbar given it's a coaster in terms of ride system and doesn't have a bus in that sense surely? Is there a LIM controlled section which is the problem, or do you mean the blocking system as a whole?

I wondered about this when you said it; what exactly do you mean by busbar given it's a coaster in terms of ride system and doesn't have a bus in that sense surely? Is there a LIM controlled section which is the problem, or do you mean the blocking system as a whole?

There are sections of the circuit with busbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.