Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, is there any update on whether or not Gringotts will allow Express passes when it opens. The chatter on TPI seems to be that it will... although I think HTF has stated it will not be offered until later.

I'd take HTF's word for it, it makes more sense from an operational standpoint to open without Express. There's also a pretty in-depth explanation of the entire ride over at the Orlando version of the informer, if you wanna check it out.

On another note, is there any update on whether or not Gringotts will allow Express passes when it opens. The chatter on TPI seems to be that it will... although I think HTF has stated it will not be offered until later.

Simply on the logic side if FJ doesn't have it yet.....

I would vote no Express based on the fact that not only Express is still not offered for Forbidden Journey but Gringotts may not have as good of capacity capability as Forbidden Journey and it will be open to a wider rider audience as it has less height and size limitations with more of a family friendly thrill level.

I often see folks that seem to expect an announcement of an opening date, but I feel that can never be known until a park gets to a point where they can start planning softs as there will always be obstacles to overcome.

What I wonder is when folks say 'months' delay, would that be from an ideal opening (some time in June to capture all of the summer crowd) or from the promised 'summer' (which some would say ends on Labor in the US).

I assume it is the earlier but really just pointing out that I think it is kinda smart to offer a season as an opening time frame as opposed to announcing a date too early in the building/testing process.

Anybody have any good ideas where those panels of bricks will go in the photo below.
0fae5ca579548b2eab420a5d545a488b.jpg

My first thought was the fountain, but when I look at the rendering; I don't see bricks around there.
resources-digitalassets-London-Embankment.jpg

I don't think it's the right color for the moving brick entrance for Diagon Alley, but maybe they'll paint it.

Any thoughts?

-alex

Those are sculpting templates for the workers. These set the rules for spacing and chipping the bricks etc. The caps you see would also apply to the limestone finish that will appear next to the bricks on any given facade.

I'm sure this is highly unlikely but I wonder if these are the bricks that will be used for what hate was saying needs to be torn out and redone

Seems like a decent amount of you guys really enjoyed my past video so here is a new construction video from today (2/6/14).

If you guys have any feedback for me let me know. I'm confined to my camera (Powershot G11) and editing software (Windows Movie Maker) to a certain degree though.

[video=youtube;yLBYJKu6v8g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLBYJKu6v8g[/video]

Reactions: Felipe
Seems like a decent amount of you guys really enjoyed my past video so here is a new construction video from today (2/6/14).

If you guys have any feedback for me let me know. I'm confined to my camera (Powershot G11) and editing software (Windows Movie Maker) to a certain degree though.

Thanks! Most notably is the tower crane coming down.

Also was it answered yet what is happening with that general area? (Aka views of the Gringott's backstage)? Basically that's been my number one question for the last six months.

Thanks! Most notably is the tower crane coming down.

Also was it answered yet what is happening with that general area? (Aka views of the Gringott's backstage)? Basically that's been my number one question for the last six months.

From my random ponderings I have decided that what they might plan to do is finish up those facades in the back that currently aren't anywhere close to being finished, and (going by the interactive experience on their website, which of course is so accurate) this will become a small side-area branching off from the corner that Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes will be on (or something...?) and then a rather large mound of dirt and/or some large structure will obstruct visitors' view of either side from the other (unless looking from somewhere like the queue for the Simpsons ride); if that is indeed what their plan is, then one would probably not be able to see the ride building for Gringotts either within that area (as it would likely be blocked by a facade) or from the walkway outside of Diagon Alley :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.