Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^So hold up. That was just a bunch of BS? I can't find anything pointing to them being just screens.

There hasn't been any official confirmation of screens or AA's. Everyone just assumed that the dwarfs will be AA's because of the concept art.

I highly doubt, like 99.9% doubt, they will be screens.

There hasn't been any official confirmation of screens or AA's. Everyone just assumed that the dwarfs will be AA's because of the concept art.

I highly doubt, like 99.9% doubt, they will be screens.

Okay...When I was searching a magical forum had a poster saying that whatever is in the show scene will be worth the wait in terms of AAs. But I'm sure the truth will be a little short o that.

Okay...When I was searching a magical forum had a poster saying that whatever is in the show scene will be worth the wait in terms of AAs. But I'm sure the truth will be a little short o that.

I believe them. I feel like the ride will be short but great.

MineTrainDetails-jpg.jpg

Mine3-jpg.jpg

detail-1-seven-dwarfs-mine-train.jpg

Miketheboss.... Really nice pics. It is starting to look nice.

And I didn't take anyone here having an issue with screens, I think it was more a joke because Disney Pixie Dusters biggest complaint about Uni is that it is all screens. So it would be a little ironic if the main ride in New FL had screens.... well it is funny.

Also, if it took THIS long to build something and have no AAs, well that would be bad. Yes, Uni uses screens, but their key recent screen ride was Transformers and it only took 11 months to build. So as much as I love Disney I am VERY frustrated it is taking so long for things to be built. I mean the next new thing is not until 2017, but then look at how much Uni will have open.

Now I am looking forward to riding this, I just hope they open it soon....

Reactions: Felipe
Also, if it took THIS long to build something and have no AAs, well that would be bad. Yes, Uni uses screens, but their key recent screen ride was Transformers and it only took 11 months to build.

Yes, its taken forever. Too long. But the Transforms show building has very minimal theming compared to The Dwarfs. Also, Transforms was already in Hollywood while The Dwarfs is a new ride with a new ride system. And this ride wasn't even in the original plans. Its taken long but comparing it to transforms isn't fair.

The joke was kind of funny...the reactions a page back indicate the double standard people have for their favorite parks.

Miketheboss.... Really nice pics. It is starting to look nice.

And I didn't take anyone here having an issue with screens, I think it was more a joke because Disney Pixie Dusters biggest complaint about Uni is that it is all screens. So it would be a little ironic if the main ride in New FL had screens.... well it is funny.

Also, if it took THIS long to build something and have no AAs, well that would be bad. Yes, Uni uses screens, but their key recent screen ride was Transformers and it only took 11 months to build. So as much as I love Disney I am VERY frustrated it is taking so long for things to be built. I mean the next new thing is not until 2017, but then look at how much Uni will have open.

Now I am looking forward to riding this, I just hope they open it soon....

Well, that and I imagine it has to be easier to make dwarf AAs than Transformers...

Alright to get this thread back on topic I have a question for those who may be in the know. Do we have the updated track layout? Because it seems like I heard somewhere that the leaked one from that twitter account was an out of date layout. My reason for asking is this, check out this pic on DaMouse (link: http://damouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/DSC07822.jpg). Is that car sticking out of the opening in the hill a real ride vehicle or just a prop? I can't really see any seat tops so I think it is probably just a prop and not a real ride vehicle but does anyone know if this could possibly have a short reverse track section like Everest or Maelstrom?

When it comes to this ride, keep your expectations in check. It's a fine, short, pleasant coaster. Nothing more and nothing less.

People are letting their imaginations and expectations run wild here. Certainly, Disney and a few bloggers are to blame, but you shouldn't fall for it.

My expectations is it will be way better than Barnstormer and not as good as thunder mountain. So I think my expectations are good.

I wish the height restriction was also in between the two at 38 inches, but I believe it will be 40 inches. I was only hoping for 38 for selfish reasons as I would love for my daughter to be able to ride it now. Of course they only have one other 38 inch ride on property. So for kids who turn 35" they get barnstormers, but nothing new at Disney again until 40" other than a wet ride in AK. So they could surprise me and be trying to go for 38" so kids who are 2, when they come back as 3 have additional rides to ride.

LOL - I have learned to enjoy Barnstormer, since well my daughter drags me on it about 6 times in a row - lol The most torturous part? The walk from the exit of the ride to the entrance to the line. Luckily if I go late enough at night they will let me stay on the coaster if no one else is waiting for that particular car.

So as you can see I would love a second coaster for her to go on so I can stop going on Barnstormer over and over and over again :bonk:

my little brothers had a blast on it and we went on probably 4 times in a row. I agree that walk from end of ride to the line again seems pretty long after a few laps. That said they liked the Woody Woodpecker Nutcoaster even more. I can't even count high enough to express how many times they went on that in a row.

When it comes to this ride, keep your expectations in check. It's a fine, short, pleasant coaster. Nothing more and nothing less.

People are letting their imaginations and expectations run wild here. Certainly, Disney and a few bloggers are to blame, but you shouldn't fall for it.

Trust me my expectations are in check. I was simply trying to turn the conversation back to a ride related discussion based on something we could actually see. Never mind...

Last edited:
my little brothers had a blast on it and we went on probably 4 times in a row. I agree that walk from end of ride to the line again seems pretty long after a few laps. That said they liked the Woody Woodpecker Nutcoaster even more. I can't even count high enough to express how many times they went on that in a row.

Wouldn't be so bad if my cute adorable daughter didn't want me to carry her for half the walk :lol:

But seriously, I think I am excited to just ride something different. I was excited when LM opened. Sure, not as excited as I am for Diagon Alley to open, but still excited. I think this will be a huge hit for most families, especially those with kids under the age of 13. But I still think a lot of adults will go on it without kids. I think the wait times and who rides it may end up being the same as Thunder Mountain and not the same as Barnstormers.

Last edited: