Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Will WDW be opening any new themed restrooms in 2014?

And it is comments like this that make us just as bad as Disney Fanboys that harp on Uni about using too many screens. This comment adds nothing to the conversation and it shows we can't let something go. Yes, we all know Disney spent money on a Tangled Theme bathroom, yes, it probably was a waste of a good property. But how about this, what if Disney just put a plan building bathroom there (Because Bathrooms were needed) then we would all be complaining that it breaks the theme. So while they should have probably put a different IP there and put Tangled somewhere else as a ride, it still gave FL that theme of being in a fantasy world. Just like the Android comic bathroom at Uni allowed those bathrooms to fit into the Simpson's theme.

Barnstormer is fine for what it is.

Oh, I know. You're absolutely right. I love small coasters like Barnstormer, Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster, Flight of the Hippogriff, etc. I just had a bad experience on Barnstormer once. You see, I'm rather tall and on the lift our train jerked pretty hard and for few minutes I actually thought it had broken my back. I do enjoy it, though. I just like giving it a hard time. :thumbs:

-Andy

And it is comments like this that make us just as bad as Disney Fanboys that harp on Uni about using too many screens. This comment adds nothing to the conversation and it shows we can't let something go. Yes, we all know Disney spent money on a Tangled Theme bathroom, yes, it probably was a waste of a good property. But how about this, what if Disney just put a plan building bathroom there (Because Bathrooms were needed) then we would all be complaining that it breaks the theme. So while they should have probably put a different IP there and put Tangled somewhere else as a ride, it still gave FL that theme of being in a fantasy world. Just like the Android comic bathroom at Uni allowed those bathrooms to fit into the Simpson's theme.

QFT.

Izzy wins the Internets today.

Once again..you should have seen my daughters face light up when she saw the Tangled tower and floating lanterns. One of the best picture I took my entire trip was in front of those bathrooms. Sometimes it's nice to stop being cynical, get off your keyboard, and go outside to breathe some fresh air and live a little. just some friendly advice.

A little detail, OWL !!!

DET123000LARGE-613x408.jpg

What! Tangled toilets isn't a ride? I always put my arms in the air and smile as big as I can when I'm "halfway" for the onride picture. Guess that's why I never could find the place to collect the photo...

Just kidding, the only reason why I'm hating the bathrooms is that it replaces the awesome skyway ride. How amazing would it have been to "fly" over the seven dwarfs mine train? So sad that a lot of those transportation rides leave Disney parks.

What! Tangled toilets isn't a ride? I always put my arms in the air and smile as big as I can when I'm "halfway" for the onride picture. Guess that's why I never could find the place to collect the photo...

Just kidding, the only reason why I'm hating the bathrooms is that it replaces the awesome skyway ride. How amazing would it have been to "fly" over the seven dwarfs mine train? So sad that a lot of those transportation rides leave Disney parks.

That transportation ride had been closed for ages, so not like it truly replaced it. It was never coming back, too much of a liability type of ride. In my mind the restrooms took up unused space, because that was truly what it was.

I agree. I used to love the skyway ride at Disney and could never understand why they didn't just replace the gondolas with enclosed versions instead of just shutting the whole thing down. I still ride them every time I go to Busch Gardens though. You get a really cool view of Cheetah Hunt from up there.

I would have really liked to have seen that Swiss Alpine themed skyway station rethemed to more than just the stroller parking lot it had become rather than have it torn out completely. I do agree; however, that the Tangled restroom area is nice looking but as one of my all time favorite Disney movies I would much rather have seen it as a ride. Plus, there were already bathrooms right across the way in the same location, did we really need two restrooms right on top of one another?

Last edited:
I agree. I used to love the skyway ride at Disney and could never understand why they didn't just replace the gondolas with enclosed versions instead of just shutting the whole thing down. I still ride them every time I go to Busch Gardens though. You get a really cool view of Cheetah Hunt from up there.

I would have really liked to have seen that Swiss Alpine themed skyway station rethemed to more than just the stroller parking lot it had become rather than have it torn out completely. I do agree; however, that the Tangled restroom area is nice looking but as one of my all time favorite Disney movies I would much rather have seen it as a ride. Plus, there were already bathrooms right across the way in the same location, did we really need two restrooms right on top of one another?

Those restrooms are replaced (or will be replaced between now and 4 years regarding the speed Disney is building stuff) by an interactive queue for Peter Pan.

Those bathrooms are actually really well done. It was refreshing, and at the same time pretty bizarre, to see such a high quality bathroom. Me and my GF came out asking whether or not mine and he bathroom were so nice. We were both in shock.

Its not an attractions and yes I do feel Disney is lacking due to this new standard that Universal is putting on, but people must understand that that kind of quality, even in a bathroom, does add to the experience. Its more comfortable than going into incomparable bathrooms at UOR. Until Universal actually hits Epcot and DHS numbers, I dont believe Disney sees them as a threat that would give the board an incentive to increase attraction options of a different caliber, so until then we will have the mine trains, avatar and tons of new things to do at UNI.

lol..cannot unsee penis owl.

So now every time you all go on this ride, you will be looking for the penis owl, just like on the old Spider-man, with the bottom of the Statue of Liberty torch. Once someone pointed it out to me, I don't know how I ever missed it.