Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I find it amusing that cast won't even start training for this ride until April. With how close it is to being done at this point, there's no excuse for cast not being trained yet.

^When UO opens a ride, they have Operations folks working there MONTHS in advance.

"How hard can it be to operate the ride?"

Bahaha. Where do I start with this?

It's not just operating a ride. If there's a control booth, that can be complex. There's training on what to do when it gives certain faults, what's resettable, etc. Evacuation practice also needs to be done several times. Operations also needs to study and be familiar with the rider requirements and other stuff.

A LOT goes into ride ops that most don't even think about.

Last edited:
Is someone going to throw a rock at me if I submit Seven Dwarfs as a contender for best-themed coaster? I mean sure, it's too short and tame, but it is undeniably a beautiful centerpiece for Fantasyland.

How can 2 kiddy coasters (7 dwarf mine train and The Barnstormer) in the same land have such a difference in quality when it come's to theming. The whole inconsistency of this newest effort of imagineering beyond me.

Some are reporting that the grand opening is May 2nd with softs planning to start around the week of April 20th. I forgot who reported this first. I think it was Seth but I could be wrong.

12648060745_888d87332c_k.jpg

Reactions: Doug A.
I find it hilarious that Disney has built a coaster themed to a 77-year-old animated film.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking this project in any way. I think it's beautiful, and will be a fantastic addition to the Magic Kingdom. I just think it's funny. Imagine Walt going through the turmoil of getting Snow White and the Seven Dwarves produced and someone telling him, "Mark my words... in eighty years they will erect a roller coaster based on this picture!" He'd laugh in their face and then probably punch 'em.

-Andy

I find it hilarious that Disney has built a coaster themed to a 77-year-old animated film.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking this project in any way. I think it's beautiful, and will be a fantastic addition to the Magic Kingdom. I just think it's funny. Imagine Walt going through the turmoil of getting Snow White and the Seven Dwarves produced and someone telling him, "Mark my words... in eighty years they will erect a roller coaster based on this picture!" He'd laugh in their face and then probably punch 'em.

-Andy

Actually, Walt Disney would probably not laugh (even if you think its funny)...he was a serial perfectionist and the legacy of Snow White and the Dwarfs, among most other classics, is proof of such. This is an example of a timeless classic brought to a modern audience. I hope this is a sign of things to come for Disney.

-Andy
If someone told him that the first animated feature length film he ever released would be getting paid homage with a new attraction almost 80 years later, he probably wouldn't have believed you. He would be eternally grateful that the film has remained a classic and is receiving a new attraction. The success of Snow White is the reason TWDC is what it is today. If that failed, the whole operation could've gone down. Disneyland may never have been built.

Last edited:
Actually, Walt Disney would probably not laugh (even if you think its funny)...he was a serial perfectionist and the legacy of Snow White and the Dwarfs, among most other classics, is proof of such. This is an example of a timeless classic brought to a modern audience. I hope this is a sign of things to come for Disney.

I'm pretty sure he also had a sense of humor.

- - - Updated - - -

If someone told him that the first animated feature length film he ever released would be getting paid homage with a new attraction almost 80 years later, he probably wouldn't have believed you. He would be eternally grateful that the film has remained a classic and is receiving a new attraction. The success of Snow White is the reason TWDC is what it is today. If that failed, the whole operation could've gone down. Disneyland may never have been built.

Exactly!

-Andy

I'm pretty sure that if you had told Walt during the production of Snow White, that in 80 years The Walt Disney Co. would build a roller coaster based on it in the largest, most popular destination theme park resort on the planet, he would have asked, "What's a destination theme park resort?"

I'm pretty sure that if you had told Walt during the production of Snow White, that in 80 years The Walt Disney Co. would build a roller coaster based on it in the largest, most popular destination theme park resort on the planet, he would have asked, "What's a destination theme park resort?"
I'm pretty sure you changed the entire context of the original statement to fit your own agenda. Never once was the term "destination theme park".

I wanted to share my thoughts on the mine train lately. In my eyes it can be decent or a Antarctia letdown to me. From what I've seen of it I honestly don't care. It's like a big thunder mountain 0.5 that is just taking up a gigantic amount of space that could've been used for something way cooler. That and it basically replaced scary adventures, probably the best fantasyland dark ride ever made. It had charm, great audio, honest to god scary moments and a happy ending. Getting all that wrapped up in one little dark ride is pretty unheard of nowadays. To see that go for a meet and greet and a 1-2 mine train with no witch and possibly no animatronics just makes me kinda pissed. The whole fantasyland expansion makes me feel kinda jipped. Promised a ton of things and most got cancelled or just came out mediocre. It's pretty damn sad

I wanted to share my thoughts on the mine train lately. In my eyes it can be decent or a Antarctia letdown to me. From what I've seen of it I honestly don't care. It's like a big thunder mountain 0.5 that is just taking up a gigantic amount of space that could've been used for something way cooler. That and it basically replaced scary adventures, probably the best fantasyland dark ride ever made. It had charm, great audio, honest to god scary moments and a happy ending. Getting all that wrapped up in one little dark ride is pretty unheard of nowadays. To see that go for a meet and greet and a 1-2 mine train with no witch and possibly no animatronics just makes me kinda pissed. The whole fantasyland expansion makes me feel kinda jipped. Promised a ton of things and most got cancelled or just came out mediocre. It's pretty damn sad

Wow, I guess everyone is different. Scary adventure was one of the dark rides we skipped the most because to me it was the worse. So for me having this as a replacement is 10x better than the dark ride. Also, this is Disney, what way cooler ride do you think they could have put into this spot? It is fantasy land, you aren't going to get a transformers or gringotts with a high height limit. The highest restriction that should be in this area is 38".