Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did they bail on the swinging RV's? I'd heard there were issues but I thought some Disney fan said that was false. I mean even in the animation they don't swing like the old vids once did. Thoughts?

^^You can see them swinging a bit as they turn the corners and there's no real weight in the cars yet. I don't know that we'll get a real sense of how much it really swings until people are riding it.

They do swing a bit, but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before they have to lock them down because of problems after the ride opens.

They do swing a bit, but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before they have to lock them down because of problems after the ride opens.

With the corners at an angle the RV's are not able to swing much. I was wondering why they would do that because it takes away from the movement but I think you have a point here, when they lock them in it won't be a problem except for the uniqueness of the ride.

The more I see of this ride, the more impressed I get. My expectations were never that high, and still aren't, but I think this ride will serve it's purpose; a fun, well-themed coaster the entire family can enjoy.

jbgLWYInpXk1T2.JPG

jnDlbCLZVwqrA.JPG

jbzcQRLMAtr4Yj.JPG

From OPTN

Great update here

Last edited:

Old Arrow Suspended coasters have been swinging for decades. Why should this be so hard?

The only real "innovation" is that these sit over the track instead of under.

Old Arrow Suspended coasters have been swinging for decades. Why should this be so hard?

The only real "innovation" is that these sit over the track instead of under.

Old Arrow swinging coasters have also been tearing themselves apart because of the increased stress caused by the swinging motion. That's one of the reasons why so few are left.

I can practically guarantee you they will be locked down within a year because of either injuries, stress on the cars or track or some kind of incident. Much like with the Yeti, the innovation will be short lived when it turns out to be impractical to maintain or dangerous.

My expectations is it will be way better than Barnstormer and not as good as thunder mountain. So I think my expectations are good.

I wish the height restriction was also in between the two at 38 inches, but I believe it will be 40 inches. I was only hoping for 38 for selfish reasons as I would love for my daughter to be able to ride it now. Of course they only have one other 38 inch ride on property. So for kids who turn 35" they get barnstormers, but nothing new at Disney again until 40" other than a wet ride in AK. So they could surprise me and be trying to go for 38" so kids who are 2, when they come back as 3 have additional rides to ride.

According to a post on Screamscape.com yesterday (via a recent online chat event through DisneyParks Blog) the height requirement for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is going to be 38 inches.

According to a post on Screamscape.com yesterday (via a recent online chat event through DisneyParks Blog) the height requirement for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is going to be 38 inches.

Really?!?!? Awesome. Now I am even more excited!! :happy:

Now when is this thing opening. I would even be fine with softs at this point!!!

Really?!?!? Awesome. Now I am even more excited!! :happy:

Now when is this thing opening. I would even be fine with softs at this point!!!

Last I heard it was opening with a three day event at the end of April/beginning of May but look for softs to begin anywhere from a month in advance or so. If all goes well of course.

Soft for Mermaid started a little under 2 months before the media events for FLE. The first soft day was 10/12 and the event was on 12/5.

The last step completed before the softs began was putting the grass on Mermaids roof, which is currently what is happening now at SDMT. Not saying that softs are gonna start within the next few weeks, but by the end of March i'd be looking out.

Soft for Mermaid started a little under 2 months before the media events for FLE. The first soft day was 10/12 and the event was on 12/5.

The last step completed before the softs began was putting the grass on Mermaids roof, which is currently what is happening now at SDMT. Not saying that softs are gonna start within the next few weeks, but by the end of March i'd be looking out.

Unfortunately the Mine Train still has a lot more queue/theme work to be completed in comparison to what the Little Mermaid did at the time the grass went on (both the cottage and entry/exit passages into the mountain are still being worked on in the last pictures I saw). Not to mention there is a ton more grass on this hill then there was on the Little Mermaid building. Nonetheless, I've heard rumors that they are already doing after hours testing with some team members. So, as long as they can get the remainder of the themeing done in time (because you know it won't be open to the public before that), the end of March may be a good possibility.

Hi everyone, new here.

Personally, I can't wait for this ride. My five year old loves Thunder Mountain and Barnstormer. She's can't wait until we go back in December, so she can ride this 100 times! My youngest, not so much...