Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night bus trees are American Planes (sycamores)...I emailed guest services to find out.
The hybrid of your sycamore & the oriental plane produced the London Plane species in the late 1660s.
All three species are in the platinus genus.
Planes are all over the uk including London. Also found in NYC, Toronto & Sydney.
London plane leaves fill out end of May.

Night bus trees are American Planes (sycamores)...I emailed guest services to find out.
The hybrid of your sycamore & the oriental plane produced the London Plane species in the late 1660s.
All three species are in the platinus genus.
Planes are all over the uk including London. Also found in NYC, Toronto & Sydney.
London plane leaves fill out end of May.

Danke verytall. What an odd choice for Central Florida.

The trees at the very top of the berm are Live Oaks (Quercus virginiana). The bushy and conical trees at the base of the berm are a kind of Cedar, probably Juniperus virginiana or Red Cedar. The skanky trees mixed in amongst the cedars are the same trees used at the base of Hogwarts, and are patently undesirable in the nursery trade.

The trees in front of Wyndham and other London facades... I have no idea.... as no one has taken a picture of the leaves for me!

Enough Teebintude... :wave:

BTW, thanks for the lamp base picture on twitter HTF!

Your welcome Teebs!

Great pics Hate! I'm so glad to see that the beige on the false store fronts was just an underlying color. It wont seem like such a big wall of tan between Kings cross and the book store.

Off topic, but the HTF that we've been randomly seeing around is not the original correct? In his goodbye, Hate wrote, "I'm also retiring and leaving the HTF alias to the site and will no longer be affiliated with it here or on Twitter."

So someone has taken up the mantle?

Off topic, but the HTF that we've been randomly seeing around is not the original correct? In his goodbye, Hate wrote, "I'm also retiring and leaving the HTF alias to the site and will no longer be affiliated with it here or on Twitter."

So someone has taken up the mantle?

No it's him. Newest podcast explains it but the real deal is back on te forums and podcast

There is always so much to look at, so I guess I missed that the Screed building has two-toned sections of different types of bricks. The two types of bricks are made to look like bricks and not "painted brick", yet the molding across the top implies one building. Why is that, what is this implying?

20140426_150752.jpg

There is always so much to look at, so I guess I missed that the Screed building has two-toned sections of different types of bricks. The two types of bricks are made to look like bricks and not "painted brick", yet the molding across the top implies one building. Why is that, what is this implying?

20140426_150752.jpg

I did a little investigating and it was painted either on the 21st or 22nd. In a video from Timtracker on youtube on 4/21 its not painted but it is on photos and video from 4/23. as to what its supposed to represent I don't know. Maybe the building its based on really looks like that or maybe it supposed to be an entrance to Leaky Cauldron invisible to muggles?

I did a little investigating and it was painted either on the 21st or 22nd. In a video from Timtracker on youtube on 4/21 its not painted but it is on photos and video from 4/23. as to what its supposed to represent I don't know. Maybe the building its based on really looks like that or maybe it supposed to be an entrance to Leaky Cauldron invisible to muggles?

Yes, even the window trim on top has been aged and darkened a bit compared to trim on the windows above the more ochre colored bricks. It is as if it is a nod to Grimmauld in some way. Leaky may be part of the explanation.

Thanks for pointing out Timtrackers vid. I thought I had been asleep at the wheel... but turns out it was just painted that way, perhaps 2-3 days ago. Hmmm. AG gives me ulcers.

Yes, even the window trim on top has been aged and darkened a bit compared to trim on the windows above the more ochre colored bricks. It is as if it is a nod to Grimmauld in some way. Leaky may be part of the explanation.

Leaky Cauldron is supposed to be between a book store and a record store, and the entrance is invisible to Muggles. We don't have the record store but there is a book store and a "hidden" entrance to LC, I presume.

I'm still confused about why the Diagon Alley entrance doesn't go through the LC like in the books; it looks like Leicester Square Tube Station is the main entrance. Speaking of which, I'm dreading hearing the incorrect pronounciation of "Leicester."

Status
Not open for further replies.