Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for linking the pictures Mike! The berm is shaping up very nicely, and I agree the new paint is looking good. It's funny, when the cream first went on it looked so warm but now I'm used to seeing the pictures of it like that, and it looks weird changing again.

The berm is looking fantastic as it is filled with more foliage, and those brass downspouts are slick as hell.

Also, off topic, it's good to see Dunk or Flunk has been fixed!

Very exciting stuff!

-Andy

OI is saying that there's not only a Phase 3 in the works, but a Phase 4 too! :bang:
DA will be amazing, but let's hope there's not much truth to that.

OI also posted:

And an owl just dropped off this message:

"Universal had planned to film live for the Today Show today at USF and planned to announce an opening date. It seems they ran into an issue - I'm not sure what it is that made them not sure about an opening date, but they had to pull the plans. The filming they did yesterday will be used for ads or promos, but I'm not sure to what extent. A major concern seems to be Escape from Gringotts: it had a derailment recently as well as a major problem with one of the complex show scenes with moving track components (a ride vehicle went backwards when it should not have). They are also still a ways away from the required number of cycles before it can open."

Please note that messages from owls are unofficial

I would be exceptionally surprised if that were true. Not saying it's impossible, but it is very highly unlikely. I know there are many technical elements to the ride system, but at the end of the day this is an established coaster manufacturer. Even Zierer have successfully built rides with mid-course track switches without this happening; I find it hard to believe this would happen on EFG given the groups working on it.

Add in OI's trustworthiness and sourcing and I'm not sold at all.

Last edited:
Mercy, that OI person is just full of it. Look at the way his sentences are crafted, all prepped to say "but I don't know the root cause of this issue" begging the question as to how he could know anything at all if he doesn't know the root cause! Silly.

Per the crazy one on twitter... Wyndham is getting a cooler colored (more toward the blue spectrum) overlay paint and antiquing this morning.

Crazy one on twitter?

- - - Updated - - -

The berm is looking better every time I've been over. Every day there's at least a couple new trees, sometimes just small trees right behind the fence.

So has anyone been wondering what music will be playing around the London Waterfront? Will it be Harry Potter music or will they keep that for once you're inside Diagon Alley? Perhaps they'll play some British Rock? JK Rowling once said in an interview that her favorite band is the The Beatles so if she has any say in music maybe it will be from them? The Who could also be a contender.

Or maybe they'll be really typical about it with this:
[video=youtube;4vHvzybkqfo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vHvzybkqfo[/video]

Last edited:
For those who aren't interested in reading the Potter books, you should read just one of the chapters from one of the books. Chapter 4 of Prisoner of Askaban. It will give you a hint of what may be coming from the various shops. It is a chapter that puts you as a 13 yo at Disneyland for 3 weeks, and forced to stay, sleeping at their hotels with more than enough money to have fun.

It contains far more that the movie ever could.

Status
Not open for further replies.