New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot more people will be put in the loop soon, which will open the flood gates. Heck people reading this fourm know, just not saying anything yet bc they know something is coming very soon.

Last edited:
My reaction and reply was, "What?!?!?!?, for a Water Park?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?". That's all I can say at this point but it was said as an incredulous exclamation of awe.

Everyone read this over and over... this is exactly how it continues, or may continue to be for a while.

I really hope this happens and sticks close to what you have been privey to cause if that was your reaction then its got to be rally something special.

I'm another one who is not a fan of water parks, but that's because I don't swim. I have been to Wet n Wild, once, many years ago, because I had a company picnic there and got in for free. Was not impressed at all. I don't think Universal needs to blow a bundle on a water park, but they sure do need to update WnW, and please, ADD SOME SHADE!! That was the one thing I hated about the place, no shade for a non-swimmer like me. I think I went on the lazy river, and the speed terrified me.

The only water park I ever really enjoyed was a place called Pleasure Island, somewhere in Michigan, and that was because, instead of the water slides ending in a pool that freaks out someone like me, you ended in a trough, with no chance of going underwater, getting water up your nose, etc.

I think to really attract more than the usual people to a water park, you have to have land-based activities for non-swimmers, like mini-golf or something. And SHADE. And decent food.

A lot more people will be put in the loop soon, which will open the flood gates. Heck people reading this fourm know, just not saying anything yet bc they know something is coming very soon.
Why would they announce something that might come out in 2017 now when they haven't announced kong and that's next year? I'm a little skeptical but if your right I'll buy you a coke

Why would they announce something that might come out in 2017 now when they haven't announced kong and that's next year? I'm a little skeptical but if your right I'll buy you a coke

Partly makes sense, people plan vacations, so if kong opens next year, people might say "let us wait 'till next year"; on the other hand, a waterpark that will open sometime in the future is safer to announce, people usually don't plan several years in advance.

Partly makes sense, people plan vacations, so if kong opens next year, people might say "let us wait 'till next year"; on the other hand, a waterpark that will open sometime in the future is safer to announce, people usually don't plan several years in advance.

Hmm good points, probably a reason why Disney announced avatar land and Disney springs way too early. I'm still weary on this though because it's still apparently in the concept stage meaning anything can change. Maybe we will just get a name and a year date then they'll hold off until further notice

Hmm good points, probably a reason why Disney announced avatar land and Disney springs way too early. I'm still weary on this though because it's still apparently in the concept stage meaning anything can change. Maybe we will just get a name and a year date then they'll hold off until further notice

When they tore down Jaws, they didn't announce a thing for a very long time yet Uni knew why they were tearing it down. There have been concepts for Diagon that have been changed or struck in the past 4 months (i know this) but the overall goal has remained the same.

The title of this thread is going to happen and has been in development for three years. Now we are down to a specific concept, which along with the price tag and scope is being beaten around like a pinata.

I have never heard of such a thing as a destination water park, but this just might be it if the scope survives.

When they tore down Jaws, they didn't announce a thing for a very long time yet Uni knew why they were tearing it down. There have been concepts for Diagon that have been changed or struck in the past 4 months (i know this) but the overall goal has remained the same.

The title of this thread is going to happen and has been in development for three years. Now we are down to a specific concept, which along with the price tag and scope is being beaten around like a pinata.

I have never heard of such a thing as a destination water park, but this just might be it if the scope survives.

I'm very excited, thanks teebin. If this announcement is coming as soon you both say. Do you think universal will make a giant announcement revealing kong, kidzone and this waterpark after diagon opens? If Disney can reveal tons of new experiences that'll open years later why can't universal?

I'm very excited, thanks teebin. If this announcement is coming as soon you both say. Do you think universal will make a giant announcement revealing kong, kidzone and this waterpark after diagon opens? If Disney can reveal tons of new experiences that'll open years later why can't universal?

I'd love to see a major announcement about Uni's plans - Kong, KidZone, Disaster replacement, CityWalk 2.0 and water park (2015-2017), with a later announcement for all of the extras. Get all of that done before Avatar opens (maybe even the JP expansion if JW is a success) and everyone's going to take notice

They certainly can, it's just not their M.O.
It definitely should be. Gets people talking and planning vacations for years into the future. I think we (the theme park fans) are the only people that actually know universal is making a ride a year. Most tourist don't really realize it. If universal publicly says in a giant stream "this is what we are doing in the next three years" it'll prompt families to have yearly vacations at universal to experience the new thing. It would be nothing but good for the resort

It definitely should be. Gets people talking and planning vacations for years into the future. I think we (the theme park fans) are the only people that actually know universal is making a ride a year. Most tourist don't really realize it. If universal publicly says in a giant stream "this is what we are doing in the next three years" it'll prompt families to have yearly vacations at universal to experience the new thing. It would be nothing but good for the resort

Or they will wait until all the attractions they want to see are open instead of just going one year and then discovering later that there is a massive new attraction they want to see coming so they need to go a second year.

Good points, all are profitable in the long run

Its more profitable to have steady streams of people coming in, like kingcooger said. No matter what, Universal has to pay x amount of employees, have y amount of food onhand, etc. So instead of payong for all these thing each year waiting for one big payoff, the steady stream of crowds each year is definitely the way to go. They learned this the hard way with WWoHP Part 1...once it was announced, people decided to save their IOA vacations for 2010. Their attendance actually dipped before increasing in the wake of Potters success.

Reactions: natespf
Its more profitable to have steady streams of people coming in, like kingcooger said. No matter what, Universal has to pay x amount of employees, have y amount of food onhand, etc. So instead of payong for all these thing each year waiting for one big payoff, the steady stream of crowds each year is definitely the way to go. They learned this the hard way with WWoHP Part 1...once it was announced, people decided to save their IOA vacations for 2010. Their attendance actually dipped before increasing in the wake of Potters success.
Yeah you are both right. But that leads to the question why would they announce the water park so soon? Maybe because it's in a second resort or because they want to get it out there?

could it have anything to do if they need to eliminate something already in the way, like wnw itself?

Seems pretty doubtful to me, economically it would not be sensible because it would be a huge drop in income, it is more sensible to build he new waterpark somewhere else thatw ay they can still make money of wnw while the new park is being build. Some of the better slides such as brainwash and the storm will probably be transferred to the new park though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you are both right. But that leads to the question why would they announce the water park so soon? Maybe because it's in a second resort or because they want to get it out there?

The further in the future, the less likely it will affect families planning their vacation now; also, even if they do announce they will build this state of the art waterpark, probably people won't say 'ok, let us plan everything around that'

Going public COULD just mean they are filing a permit in the public records. After that, they can wait as long as they want for the announcement AND I would assume this would let the people in the know be a bit more forthcoming as the project has been approved by upper management so it is already a go.
Does anyone happen to know, at what stage does the budget and scope of the project get approved? Is it before or after permit filing?

Status
Not open for further replies.