Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 341 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone whos been taking pictures today, they all look fantastic. Even as a non-Harry Potter fan, I think this looks to be one of, if not the, best theme park lands ever.

Wow, the London street seems more immersive than I thought it would be. Looking from the perspective of between the concession stands and the buildings, it really seems like you're walking along a street in London.

$4.00 for a bottled water, seriously? $4.49 for a bottle of Coke? I guess we better prepare to be fleeced even beyond the usual theme park prices, lol.

Those two brick openings for the entrance seem odd. I thought there would be some sort of special effect or something.

Well it shows that there are no immediate plans for a soft opening. They are a more reliable source of information than some random Twitter accounts who claim to know more than everybody else.

They're really not more reliable then random twitter account. They are hourly TMs who do not work on the project. They are the same TMs that do early openings, manage the Mardi Gras crowed control, ect. They are not even authorized to enter the land, never mind have knowledge on it. A TM who works in the land would be a better (although by no means fool proof source) but these guys know nothing. They really are no chance of soft openings every day until they start. There are many many cases of people on here being told "No Softs Today (In Phase one, Transformers, Rockit, ect) and then softs started 10 minutes later. They really don't tell these TMs, and they don't for the exact reason we are having this discussion people talk to them, it's better the not know so they can't give it away.

I wonder if HE is soft opening. I'm seeing people in London behind the fence dressed like normal guests. I'm going to IOA
Don't waste your time, unless you want some pictures from behind the barricade.

Random thought, what are they gonna do about that small space in the wall, covered by that little fence, i mean if it stays like that, more than likely someone is gonna try to get up in there.
DSC_0102.JPG

Credit: Touring Plans for picture

It's a standard employee access point. I'm sure they'll put up a sign, and when you turn the corner probably have some kind of wall you have to walk around.

Hogwarts Express ride restriction sign at the Hogsmeade end confirms no standing, and warns of "loud noises and low lighting conditions" and fog effects.

Wow, the London street seems more immersive than I thought it would be. Looking from the perspective of between the concession stands and the buildings, it really seems like you're walking along a street in London.

$4.00 for a bottled water, seriously? $4.49 for a bottle of Coke? I guess we better prepare to be fleeced even beyond the usual theme park prices, lol.

Those two brick openings for the entrance seem odd. I thought there would be some sort of special effect or something.

$4.49 for a bottled beverage, but this is HP territory, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for a coke.

Is a Jacket Potato what us Yanks call a Baked Potato?

Thank god they didn't call them Jacket Spuds!

Shepards Pie Jacket is gonna be like a Jacket with chilli but without the kick I guess. Too many food options to fit into one holiday

$4.49 for a bottled beverage, but this is HP territory, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for a coke.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the 4 dollar bottles of water are bigger than the ones in the rest of the park, no? They were selling them at another stand recently.

- - - Updated - - -

one more for now...I'll sort through some stuff at some point, but I'm on vacation with the family right now:

I know what they were going for with the "SALE" signs, but I don't think it works in this setting

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the 4 dollar bottles of water are bigger than the ones in the rest of the park, no? They were selling them at another stand recently.

The water sold in Potter is a diffrent brand that the water sold outside of potter. That water comes in two sizes, and the larger size does run around $4

I know what they were going for with the "SALE" signs, but I don't think it works in this setting

I was just about to post that I really like the sale signs. They look really authentic for a small, shoestring-budget independent store. I see similar all the time here.

Wow, it all looks amazing! Can't wait to see it all during my September trip. Until then, :drool:

Ditto I will over on the 18th Sept. Will only have been a year since my last trip but so much new to see and do.

Awesome pictures, thanks to all who have posted. Really like this one, it is so English and will remind me off home when I'm there.

DSC_0145.JPG

I am a chef and that Jacket Shepherds pie is a great idea, it will be on my menu this week, sounds delich.

Last edited:
The water sold in Potter is a diffrent brand that the water sold outside of potter. That water comes in two sizes, and the larger size does run around $4

Oh yea, I forgot about the no-Coke-products-within-wizarding-world per Rowling. I guess that must extend to Dasani as well. I guess we will have to see what beverages that sign refers to!

However, remember you are in LONDON, a place that does sell soda. I think her "No soda" policy effects any of the WIZARDING worlds because there was no soda in the WIZARDING world. Since this is London, she might be allowing soda to be sold at these London locations...

Wow! Long time lurker (like 3 times a day), first time poster. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you taking pictures and getting this information out! Diagon Alley is going to be incredible! This is perhaps the best themed area in a theme park that I have EVER seen. Keep up the good work!

However, remember you are in LONDON, a place that does sell soda. I think her "No soda" policy effects any of the WIZARDING worlds because there was no soda in the WIZARDING world. Since this is London, she might be allowing soda to be sold at these London locations...

I've been told no Coke.

I'll happily accept diabetes with open arms in exchange for the glorious taste of that substance :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.