Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 361 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend Derek Burgan says that we might be getting a webcast on Monday and that internally the 15-19th is referred to as "Diagon Alley Preview Event".

Kreacher also looks much better now that you can see his ears; he looked a bit odd before when he just had a bit of an egg-shaped head.

They've set up scrims printed like the facade in front of the buildings. It's funny I think this is the first time scrims have been put up over a finished building before it's even opened. Looks like the dome is starting to take shape. I took some photos, will post them later.

They've set up scrims printed like the facade in front of the buildings. It's funny I think this is the first time scrims have been put up over a finished building before it's even opened. Looks like the dome is starting to take shape. I took some photos, will post them later.

Those are digital screens, looks like they're preparing for the webcast or the opening

Those are digital screens, looks like they're preparing for the webcast or the opening

If those are digital screens projecting in bright daylight and look that good than they are far beyond anything I've ever seen. I will admit though I didn't stay long and study them. My photos are loading now so I will take a second look myself and post them.

Okay maybe they are digital screens, In person when I walked by they looked printed but the photos I took were zoomed in more and they do look like screens.

Last edited:
There's a stage in the London area and a sign up that says: "NOTICE We are preparing for a special event. YOUR PATIENCE IS REQUESTED"

Thanks for the photos! Interesting that the dome is being pieced together in position; at this late stage I was expecting it to be pretty much fully prefab and just slid into position.

It looks like just a support frame underneath it, might be just a few pieces that attach to that. I also didn't notice the tent in the background until looking at the photo, I guess they have everything in there ready to go.

Here's video from tonight of the dragon without scrims.

[video=youtube_share;KJsGFA6pOGs]http://youtu.be/KJsGFA6pOGs[/video]

Maybe I'm in the minority, but there's something otherworldly or magical about that clock being backlit in purple unlike its real world counterpart... I didn't like it in the photos but seeing it here almost makes it look subtle.

Wonder what the point of those screens are? Perhaps they are going to do a mock wizard battle where things get destroyed and then repaired

Does it matter?

Yes, in a way it does, because I thought the London part was supposed to just look like a normal London street with the same facades. A purple clock tower seems out of place in that scene. Was the clock turning purple in the books or something? I didn't read the books, so maybe I am missing a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.