Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say early-mid 2017...gives them plenty of time to dream up a couple fantastic attractions. A dark ride with the Antarctica-ride-system from SeaWorld would make sense, and would be a great fit...could be a good people eater too

I don't know... it could easily be a smaller addition for IOA when the KidZone replacement opens. November-December 2016 could be good.

A dark ride and family coaster would be perfect - not sure if I'd want a flat now. Maybe a small addition later on (2018-2019)

- - - Updated - - -

The postponement may be a plus. Perhaps a better attraction, than the rumored ones, will be a result.

The Mr. DNA dark ride sounded really nice... a small C-ticket that Universal needs more of. But I agree that the jr. woodie and flat would seem too Dinorama to me.

A wooden rollercoaster or a flat ride are not good ideas...they both (these days) are just empty space fillers. State of the art technology and heavily intricate designed lands are where the money's at these days.

A wooden rollercoaster or a flat ride are not good ideas...they both (these days) are just empty space fillers. State of the art technology and heavily intricate designed lands are where the money's at these days.

The Trikes plot isn't that big :lol: you're not getting something on par with Diagon for this expansion. A dark ride and heavily themed aquatic based coaster would be my guess. I don't like the wooden coaster or flat, but a flat ride is fine in spaces that aren't big enough for actual attractions. Kang and Kodos is a good example. Trikes can hold a SDMT sized coaster.

JP is more lush than intricate, which is okay. It still immerses me but in a different way. It's a low key addition that can brighten up an empty/underused section of the park

The Trikes plot isn't that big :lol: you're not getting something on par with Diagon for this expansion. A dark ride and heavily themed aquatic based coaster would be my guess. I don't like the wooden coaster or flat, but a flat ride is fine in spaces that aren't big enough for actual attractions. Kang and Kodos is a good example. Trikes can hold a SDMT sized coaster.

JP is more lush than intricate, which is okay. It still immerses me but in a different way. It's a low key addition that can brighten up an empty/underused section of the park

Universal should troll the crap out of Disney and make a 7DMT type ride but 10x better! Because, why not?:p

Universal should troll the crap out of Disney and make a 7DMT type ride but 10x better! Because, why not?:p

They already are trolling them :p

Make a suspended coaster with SDMT-level theming of the exterior (the thing looks amazing) themed to the aquatic dinos. Could even have it go over the lagoon for part of it. Waterfalls, rock work, a hot spring/mini volcano... have a slightly bigger first drop and a 40" height requirement - I'm sold. I was actually expecting something like that with the Amber Mine coaster, then we heard that it was gonna be like Coastersaurus at Legoland... no :lol:

They are already trolling them on twitter telling people to take days away from their Disney vacation along with the fallon incident and may we not forget troll whip. They are so confident right now I love it

They are already trolling them on twitter telling people to take days away from their Disney vacation along with the fallon incident and may we not forget troll whip. They are so confident right now I love it

I loved Steve Burke saying at the press conference that by 2020, the whole resort will look different... loving it all! Especially since genuine pride is lacking in Orlando

Except Fun Spot... "IT'S HUGE!!!!!!!!" :rofl:

Imagine if the JP expansion was a better, less expensive NFL (Omnimover, family coaster, AA Dino encounters throughout the island, JPRA refurb/upgrade, Pteranodon gets fixed, CJ additions, Thunder Falls open year round)? The commercials could start like a cheesy WDW one, with a "parade", then a dinosaur comes stomping in as a rainstorm clears everything out... cue the brand new JW!

- - - Updated - - -

Some how , I wish they would make the Peteredon Flyers or whatever so adults can get on without children. Attraction seems so awesome.

Agreed - they need to just replace the track and get new high capacity RVs. Something like Universal Singapore? River Adventure could use a nice upgrade too

Last edited:
I loved Steve Burke saying at the press conference that by 2020, the whole resort will look different... loving it all! Especially since genuine pride is lacking in Orlando

Except Fun Spot... "IT'S HUGE!!!!!!!!" :rofl:

Imagine if the JP expansion was a better, less expensive NFL (Omnimover, family coaster, AA Dino encounters throughout the island, JPRA refurb/upgrade, Pteranodon gets fixed, CJ additions, Thunder Falls open year round)? The commercials could start like a cheesy WDW one, with a "parade", then a dinosaur comes stomping in as a rainstorm clears everything out... cue the brand new JW!

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed - they need to just replace the track and get new high capacity RVs. Something like Universal Singapore? River Adventure could use a nice upgrade too

I'm down man that'd be amazing and I can see it happening in the future. But as I said a couple pages back, if JP needs anything it's streetmosphere. Bring on V the raptor

I'm down man that'd be amazing and I can see it happening in the future. But as I said a couple pages back, if JP needs anything it's streetmosphere. Bring on V the raptor

Agreed, plus streetmosphere wouldn't be too expensive. Definitely think a JP expansion has potential

It sucks becuse while Jurassic is one of my favorite areas in the park, there is nothing or me to do unless there is excellent weather. If it is,cold, lightning, raining as an adult, all I can do is eat food. Starting left to right, my next land I'm doing anything in more than likely is suess coming from Marvel or toon after i leave Jurassic.
And I know there is HP, but with 3 outside attractions and one inside attraction that is a bit rough (last time I went one it), That should change. Sure there is Sinbad, and Poseidon, but I've seen sinbad enough times where I'm not going to watch it anymore:rofl: and Poseidon is a waste of time walk-through.

I'm hoping whatever comes , JP gets more indoor activities to balance out the water ride, outside kite ride adults can not get on.

IDK I'm just blabbering, We still have what, 3 years before anything happens right?

It sucks becuse while Jurassic is one of my favorite areas in the park, there is nothing or me to do unless there is excellent weather. If it is,cold, lightning, raining as an adult, all I can do is eat food. Starting left to right, my next land I'm doing anything in more than likely is suess coming from Marvel or toon after i leave Jurassic.
And I know there is HP, but with 3 outside attractions and one inside attraction that is a bit rough (last time I went one it), That should change. Sure there is Sinbad, and Poseidon, but I've seen sinbad enough times where I'm not going to watch it anymore:rofl: and Poseidon is a waste of time walk-through.

I'm hoping whatever comes , JP gets more indoor activities to balance out the water ride, outside kite ride adults can not get on.

IDK I'm just blabbering, We still have what, 3 years before anything happens right?
More like 2 years... this is probably coming not too long after Jurassic World. And I'd guess a dark ride is high priority for JP

You guys seem so certain that a Dark ride would be coming. Not trying to poo poo on your parade, but that was listed as just one of a few possibilities by HTF at one point and it had gotten cut fairly quickly from what I remember.

I'm sure it's a possibility that it could come back, but it seems like the coaster and spinner rumor are much more recent. Not sure why we are all of a sudden assuming that a Dark Ride is a "given".

You guys seem so certain that a Dark ride would be coming. Not trying to poo poo on your parade, but that was listed as just one of a few possibilities by HTF at one point and it had gotten cut fairly quickly from what I remember.

I'm sure it's a possibility that it could come back, but it seems like the coaster and spinner rumor are much more recent. Not sure why we are all of a sudden assuming that a Dark Ride is a "given".

Because a more family oriented dark ride attraction is exactly what IOA needs, especially at JP. But, you never know. Everything at this point is rumors so no point in clawing at eachother, throwing things at the wall to see what sticks, am I right?

You're right. Absolutely nothing has been confirmed.

As of right now we know little about the JP expansion other than the mine train and a flat plus Camp Jurassic expansion...last we've heard the Discovery Center omni was scraped

The fact that the project was postponed last summer shows that the plans could easily change. If it was just a jr. woodie and flat, I honestly think Comcast would have it done by Holiday 2014/Spring 2015.

They want to take their time and allow a solid budget for any project they do. Not to mention, as others have said, JP has no indoor attraction at the moment. Personally, I'm hoping the Discovery Center gets repurposed for a dark ride of some sort. It's easily the most overlooked part of JP and takes up a solid chunk of space. Update the exhibits, make them part of the queue for a nice Epcot-esque dark ride.

With only 3 or 4 rumored scenes, it'd be a relatively small addition, eat people up, and give JP something for everyone to do. Jurassic World is getting set up to do fairly well next summer. Avengers 2 and Tomorrowland are the only significant tentpoles that come out the month before it - with a 3 week gap between it and Tomorrowland.

I'm definitely expecting some sort of family coaster - also something IOA lacks. Hulk and DC are thrill coasters, Hippogriff is a kiddie coaster... 1 or 2 family ones would do IOA some good. Of course, it'd have to be well-themed to be worth it.

Nothing's confirmed, but at this point, there's nothing wrong with discussing a dark ride and family coaster - both of which would revitalize the right section of JP, give that area two things adults can do when it's cold/raining, and add a much-needed indoor attraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wait till world comes out. I promise that all your thoughts on the expansion will change the second you see that helicopter view of the theme park

Oh snap :lol: have you already seen some of Jurassic World's plot? Personally, I don't want the aquatic observatory idea that was thrown around... JP needs another adult-accessible ride!! :p

The Discovery Center is an indoor attraction.

I would add more dinosaurs to RA, something I've thought they've needed since the first time I rode it during soft openings; I would leave Camp Jurassic alone, because I think it is one of the coolest kids' play areas I've ever seen or hung around, and I would add another attraction, which IMHO should be a jeep ride. Again, makes it outdoors (or does it), but it needs something. Guess it's too late to bring back Trike Encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.