Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 415 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with the Photo Connect, is the photos themselves. Basically its just a photo of you standing infront of a blank wall. When you get off the wall you can have the standard 5 by 7 or a Huge picture of yourself on a lanyard standing infront of a Blank Wall. I think it would of been cooler if the picture was infront of vault, or next to a goblin. Maybe the picture could of been a Hologram of yourself that moves a little on the front page of the Daily Prophet. A boring picture standing infront of a wall, plastered on a lanyard is just stupid. But what do I know. Im sure it will sell like hotcakes.

Umm... are you sure that blank wall isn't acting as a "green screen" for them to insert a background when you buy it??

Almost all the shops have an inside queue hidden away for when they need it. They didn't have to open them for Team Member previews. The ice cream shop is gonna be the real headache though. The ice cream is damn good and that line will be way longer than the Dole Whip line!

Ice cream for breakfast will be the best strategy for beating the Florean Fortescue's queue! Trust me, 8am for Early Park Admission I'll be straight in there with the apple pie and butterbeer :lol:

Seriously though, trying to buy this between the hours of 11am and 6pm will be torture.

This is an excellent and thorough KC queue video. I didn't know the owl was animatronic or that the queue goes on for days and days. Too, I didn't know there is a snack store right in the middle of the queue. That has to be a first.

[video=youtube_share;MiilywIZsCw]http://youtu.be/MiilywIZsCw[/video]

A snack store in the middle of the queue?? They must be expecting seriously long lines. But then in the books and movies they snacked on the train- maybe it's for authenticity as well.

I just heard on my local news there's gonna be a making of Diagon Alley special on NBC tonight at 8. (Sorry if this has already been mentioned). Below is a video of one of the news anchors failing at pronouncing Diagon Alley.

[video=youtube;7chN_syqw5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7chN_syqw5Y[/video]

I just heard on my local news there's gonna be a making of Diagon Alley special on NBC tonight at 8. (Sorry if this has already been mentioned). Below is a video of one of the news anchors failing at pronouncing Diagon Alley.

[video=youtube;7chN_syqw5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7chN_syqw5Y[/video]

There is supposed to be a special on the making of Gringotts on July 9th at 11:30 pm on NBC Sports Net (weird I know). Wonder if this is replacing it. It says TBD on the 9th now.

A snack store in the middle of the queue?? They must be expecting seriously long lines. But then in the books and movies they snacked on the train- maybe it's for authenticity as well.

We have this in some themeparks here, money making opportunity too. They ain't spending while in a queue!

They have a drink cart in the FJ queue right when you exit the dungeons and enter the green house on the left, but after the first year of Hogsmeade being open, I've never seen it used since...

They have a drink cart in the FJ queue right when you exit the dungeons and enter the green house on the left, but after the first year of Hogsmeade being open, I've never seen it used since...

Right, I think that was a wee bit to early in the queue the first year... perhaps with the queue now starting at the base of the cliffs during busy times, it would be more successful.

If you watch the KC video, you will see that the shop is long after you enter the building. I am not sure if there is a separate shop for the arrival queue.

The queue IS massive, but I have to say, I didn't notice the owl either. The snack stand would be true to a real underground station, and I'm sure it will be needed. Can't imagine the wait time if that thing is full.

Apparently the hotel package guests are being let in now. From Touring Plans:

I hear Gringotts is currently running for vacation package guests. No promises for how long. [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG] ~@skubersky

Status
Not open for further replies.