Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seriously, I want to feel like I'm in a house and hopefully this will give off that vibe. I wonder if it'll just be the original though without adding any sequels (hope that's the case)

I would honestly be ok if they utilized some hospital scenes based off the original Halloween 2. However, with how HHN has been recently, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a lot more Rob Zombie-based scenes. Hopefully, this house is already so old and unattractive to marketing that they won't care about it and just let the design team do their thing, in which case I have faith we'd get some good ole Halloween rather than the terrible 2007 stuff.

I would honestly be ok if they utilized some hospital scenes based off the original Halloween 2. However, with how HHN has been recently, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a lot more Rob Zombie-based scenes. Hopefully, this house is already so old and unattractive to marketing that they won't care about it and just let the design team do their thing, in which case I have faith we'd get some good ole Halloween rather than the terrible 2007 stuff.

I'm not sure how HHN Hollywood handled its licensing, but I know it featured scenes/references to pretty much all of the main original films (including a scene for Halloween 3!) However, it is POSSIBLE (I'm not saying likely, I have no inside track on this, that a majority of the house will feature scenes from Halloween 2 (which Universal produced and owns the full rights to). However, the house-like facade implies they at least secured the rights to the original film. If we got the first two films, I wouldn't really complain.

Well in my opinion mike Myers is iconic and marketable old or new. They could do just a house based on the first one alone and it would do incredibly well. Hopefully they leave RZ out of this (as much as I love his work)

You guys should stop looking for a new route to take... I am confident you had it nailed a few weeks ago. Now yer actin' all spastic. Stop it! :smiley:

To follow up on this comment:

IPs
Halloween
Alien vs. Predator (or Alien, or Aliens)
Dracula Untold
The Walking Dead

Originals
Creepy Doll House
Clown Factory
Cannibal House (Croatoa? Reverse Thanksgiving?)
Ritual/Boogeyman House (I am hearing Boogeyman may be an oversimplification of this house's idea)

For a while FDTD was in the mix as an IP but as of my last hearing it is out leaving us with a nice 4/4 average.

When it comes to announcements, I have to guess that Halloween is next up as I, and others, have already matched the unfinished facade front seen in the HP extended queue to the Myer's house. Also, this would get people pumped for the house and, if the Diagon Alley extends back there for a while, would allow them to finish the facade and not have guests wondering all day what it is (as it would already be on the website).

That seems like a reasonable prediction, I'm curious of when we will get the announcement though. Hopefully ASAP but probably friday would be a safe bet

The Halloween portion of All Nite Die In is still one of my favorite things they've ever done. If they can recapture that, it'll be golden.

The Halloween portion of All Nite Die In is still one of my favorite things they've ever done. If they can recapture that, it'll be golden.

I feel like this has been posted here somewhere, but, in case I am wrong, here is a video of HHNH 2009 Halloween house:

[video=youtube;bzzNaMwEkaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzzNaMwEkaA[/video]

I expect it to be along these lines. The space that HHNH worked with is smaller than the space of one of the tents so I think it is a safe assumption that we can in fact get a house this good looking. Also, with seeing La Llorona last year and Poe in 2011, we know the detail can be just as high in a tent as in a soundstage.

Well in my opinion mike Myers is iconic and marketable old or new. They could do just a house based on the first one alone and it would do incredibly well. Hopefully they leave RZ out of this (as much as I love his work)

I think I would be okay with a cameo by Zombie's Myers in one of the rooms but nothing more lol.

Let's get HoBo Myers....so scary!

I never said it would be terrible in a tent. I just thought for having that property. It would be better within a SS. I wanted that feeling of when you first saw the nightmare on elm street house at HHN17. Just going by tent history. Close tight rooms and lots of boo hole jumps but I guess we will found out in Sept.

To follow up on this comment:

IPs
Halloween
Alien vs. Predator (or Alien, or Aliens)
Dracula Untold
The Walking Dead

Originals
Creepy Doll House
Clown Factory
Cannibal House (Croatoa? Reverse Thanksgiving?)
Ritual/Boogeyman House (I am hearing Boogeyman may be an oversimplification of this house's idea)

For a while FDTD was in the mix as an IP but as of my last hearing it is out leaving us with a nice 4/4 average.

When it comes to announcements, I have to guess that Halloween is next up as I, and others, have already matched the unfinished facade front seen in the HP extended queue to the Myer's house. Also, this would get people pumped for the house and, if the Diagon Alley extends back there for a while, would allow them to finish the facade and not have guests wondering all day what it is (as it would already be on the website).

I cannot believe you are still getting this wrong. Remove the question marks. Add another set of pointed teeth. 5/3.

Didn't I yell, scream four weeks ago, FIVE/THREE!!!

I thought Charlie was The Conjuring a while back but the problem is that it's in a sprung, I know Uni does masterful work with the sprungs(i.e. La Llorona last year) but I would think this would be a soundstage house. But if they flipped Charlie with Crows, that would work but only if it were actually The Conjuring. They did just bump Annabelle to October 3 which plays pretty well with HHN's dates so who knows.