Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At least until FF's space becomes something else. Just think of the crowds with DA being opened and Bill and Ted releasing after a show. It would be hell from all sides. I would love at least some themeing on London's side though.

I would think they should be able to use the London facade and area in front of it, but I don't know. What is there besides the Night Bus thats Potter related? Can/will they put a zone there?

Here's my main concern with DA being open during HHN, what happens to all the day guests? I mean, if HE and EFG are sitting at 90 minute lines at 5pm, what do you do with the people waiting in said lines who have not paid for HHN entry? I do not really think you can open that area to HHN guest until the regular day guests are cleared out. Add to that the fact that you have to get the day guests out of the park in time for HHN and somehow be able to distinguish between HHN guests and day guests and you have what could be an operational nightmare.
None of this is even taking into consideration whether or not to keep all the stores, shows, dining establishments, and general walking spaces open during HHN.
My guess is they will take a year or two to figure this all out and then we might see DA open during HHN. That being said, I do not expect any houses, scarezones, or even scary music to be playing if they keep DA open during HHN.

Here's my main concern with DA being open during HHN, what happens to all the day guests? I mean, if HE and EFG are sitting at 90 minute lines at 5pm, what do you do with the people waiting in said lines who have not paid for HHN entry? I do not really think you can open that area to HHN guest until the regular day guests are cleared out. Add to that the fact that you have to get the day guests out of the park in time for HHN and somehow be able to distinguish between HHN guests and day guests and you have what could be an operational nightmare.
None of this is even taking into consideration whether or not to keep all the stores, shows, dining establishments, and general walking spaces open during HHN.
My guess is they will take a year or two to figure this all out and then we might see DA open during HHN. That being said, I do not expect any houses, scarezones, or even scary music to be playing if they keep DA open during HHN.

There is no way for people in Diagon Alley to leave if HHN is going on?

No Potter on an HHN ticket. Do all the math you want but you're paying at least a base of $100 for 1 day whether you choose to purchase an AP and not. But getting in on a $45 ticket is just...no.

^^^ Yea, they would still need to shut the area down and kick everyone out before reopening it again with HHN. Just like every other ride and area in the park. But that's just saying it is physically possible, not that it would actually happen :blank:

There is a bit of a transition between Uni day and HHN..although a tiny window...I wouldn't be surprised if HE closes at 4 though on HHN nights

I was just hoping for London as a scare-zone because I'm tired of San Francisco's area. I do wonder if it could be used as a Stay and Scream area.

As of a few months ago the plan was reportedly to have Diagon open - a very small percentage of people come to Universal from out-of-state and ONLY attend Halloween Horror Nights, they're usually part of larger vacations that include daytime Universal tickets (for Islands of Adventure and so on). The locals have all visited Diagon Alley, and those that aren't willing to pay for tickets to see it during the day but will pay for a Frequent Fear Pass aren't enough of a concern.

No, this comes from JKR and Warner Bros. It's been well circulated that JKR was not a fan of what she saw when she visited during HHN (it had very little to do with the theming and showmanship on display and everything to do with the booze and behavior of unruly guests).

It's a shame, because it'll be a nightmare for TMs in charge of informing guests Diagon isn't open - and the park desperately needs the capacity since Uni refuses to expand the event. London also would have been a really nice scare zone space, but due to the presence of the Knight Bus I'm pretty sure that's impossible. That bit could change, down the road, but definitely no zone this year.

perhaps you guys are right and Diagon being open would be a terrible idea.

Yeah I was thinking that some of the crowds would go there and help the rest of the park, but then again a lot of people could be buying tickets for HHN with the only intention to visit Diagon, making the park even more crowded....

Anyone else see the facade going up for the sprung tent visible from the queue for Diagon Alley?

It looks like they are building a suburban house front for the facade; Halloween anyone?
Here's the pic:
BsCFm7ZIYAAF7Qd.jpg

Either original or possibly insidious. Took place in a suburban like neighborhood

You could be right about it being an original but idk about insidious. The structure doesn't look like the one out of the film.

Insidious+-+House+A3.bmp

Here the Facade that was used for the Hollywood maze:
Insidious-HHN13-01.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still going with it being either John Carpenter's or Rob Zombie's Halloween.
Here's the original house from the movie:
halloween2.png

Where is that pic taken from? Is that from someone in line right now for Diagon Alley?