Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well after seeing potters actual layout I don't think it can even work for a scare zone, too confusing

I was not talking about a scarezone, I meant just Open to the public during HHN.

And I am kind of hoping that people doing the survey will say they are upset or disappointed about it..... :look:

Potter can not be used as a scare zone. What did the survey say exactly? I'd be surprised if it were open at all during HHN.
I know it won't but I don't even think the layout of diagon alley would work for a scare zone in the first place (even if they wanted one) since it's so damn big

I know it won't but I don't even think the layout of diagon alley would work for a scare zone in the first place (even if they wanted one) since it's so damn big

Not a SZ, but a lot of guests go to HHN expecting to ride the rides as well as see the houses. In fact, another question asked whether the lack of new rides would impact the decision to attend.

i dont know where code got the idea for making a scarezone there :lol:

I just want the stores opened at least, I could deal with the ride being closed, but they could at least make some money with leaving diagon open for HHN

Diagon Alley is so separated from the rest of USF that I think they could open it during HHN and it not be effected by the scares. But I'm guessing JK just didn't want it open at all. Anything open that can help spread the massive HHN crowds would be huge, I hope she lets them open it eventually.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Diagon Alley is so separated from the rest of USF that I think they could open it during HHN and it not be effected by the scares. But I'm guessing JK just didn't want it open at all. Anything open that can help spread the massive HHN crowds would be huge, I hope she lets them open it eventually.
I hope not, I'd take away from the atmosphere of horror nights. That and the fact that it would be a safe area and nothing more

I hope not, I'd take away from the atmosphere of horror nights. That and the fact that it would be a safe area and nothing more

Then just don't go in it, lol. If it helps keep wait times down at houses I'm all for it. Plus it could end up being the shortest wait time for Gringotts you'll ever see.

Then just don't go in it, lol. If it helps keep wait times down at houses I'm all for it. Plus it could end up being the shortest wait time for Gringotts you'll ever see.

True both are good reasons. I just don't think it would be the same experience. They'd probably just turn off everything besides gringotts. Kinda like what they did to Seuss back in the day

you mean like the Springfield area????? :shrug:

that area already has Bill and Ted near and being closed or open will not make any difference at all. If this was the case about the atmosphere then they would then have to close Transformers and Despicable me :lol:

If you think about it, technically nothing big was ever placed in there (besides the house in Jaws ) they never had scarezones in the Jaws area or even any horror music,

so even before Potter that point about the atmosphere is moot. There never was much of anything around this area. Like Milla4Prez66 said about the crowds Diagon open would only be positive, everything about it would be a positive thing

you mean like the Springfield area????? :shrug:

If you think about it, technically nothing big was ever placed in there (besides the house in Jaws ) they never had scarezones in the Jaws area or even any horror music,

so even before Potter that point about the atmosphere is moot.

Midway of the bizarre was quite an integral scare zone in Amity for quite some time in the 90's and I believe in the early 2000's. Just sayin'.

Midway of the bizarre was quite an integral scare zone in Amity for quite some time in the 90's and I believe in the early 2000's. Just sayin'.

never got to see those. But Cole was saying that Diagon Alley would take away from the atmosphere of HHN, but technically so did Amity in the recent past, yet everyone was okay with that.

(I Just want Diagon Open for HHN :shifty: )

I don't see how Diagon being open detracts from HHN. Despicable Me is open, no? The Simpsons? It's no different. If anything, it's completely separated from the rest of the event which makes it easy not to theme it. Crowds dispersed, merch being sold, people experiencing the new area. It's a win all around.

Too bad it looks like JK is firm about it.

I don't see how Diagon being open detracts from HHN. Despicable Me is open, no? The Simpsons? It's no different. If anything, it's completely separated from the rest of the event which makes it easy not to theme it. Crowds dispersed, merch being sold, people experiencing the new area. It's a win all around.

Too bad it looks like JK is firm about it.
Well if it is open it don't think it would be the same thing but at night, probably just gringotts and that's it. Despicable me and transformers are rides in confined areas, diagon is a giant land that's incredibly themed, when you walk in it you are instantly in potter and nowhere else, you can say the same thing with Simpsons. I don't know it's optional but having it as just one ride and nothing else would be kinda pointless and weird

Don't you normally complain about HHN prices, not say they are cheap?

Nope you have it backwards I say they are too cheap! If you were to go every night on a pass it works out to like $8 a night, IMO that is too cheap and again IMO it leads to overcrowding.

But my point is you can eight hours of Potter for around $45... when a ticket to the park for roughly the same amount of time in the daytime is more than double that and you still have access to most of the other rides.

They are not giving Diagon Alley away for the cheap HHNs price.

Nope you have it backwards I say they are too cheap! If you were to go every night on a pass it works out to like $8 a night, IMO that is too cheap and again IMO it leads to overcrowding.

But my point is you can eight hours of Potter for around $45... when a ticket to the park for roughly the same amount of time in the daytime is more than double that and you still have access to most of the other rides.

Another moot point. an annual pass is 189 bucks?

and you get to go to Potter every day, so if you were able to go every day to universal that's like 70 cents PER DAY.

Of course no one will go to the park every single day, but then lets say you go every weekend, That's like 1 Dollar and 80 cents per day for seeing Diagon....

An Annual pass to go see Diagon is still WAY cheaper than going to see Diagon during HHN,

Another moot point. an annual pass is 189 bucks?

and you get to go to Potter every day, so if you were able to go every day to universal that's like 70 cents PER DAY.

Of course no one will go to the park every single day, but then lets say you go every weekend, That's like 1 Dollar and 80 cents per day for seeing Diagon....

An Annual pass to go see Diagon is still WAY cheaper than going to see Diagon during HHN,

And going to Potter, if it was open, on HHNs is cheaper than a one day ticket... which was my point. I am sorry it wasn't just built for the APH, how many people would take the opportunity to go see Potter at the cheaper price?

At least until FF's space becomes something else. Just think of the crowds with DA being opened and Bill and Ted releasing after a show. It would be hell from all sides. I would love at least some themeing on London's side though.