HHN 24: Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 24: Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The official HHN Twitter account tweeted that the environments are just massive. This gives me hope that there is serious eye candy in the form of huge impressive sets in the maze.

The official HHN Twitter account tweeted that the environments are just massive. This gives me hope that there is serious eye candy in the form of huge impressive sets in the maze.

Aaaaah.... massive perhaps, but not the largest! But there is a bit of a surprise: Word is, a scene that has been cut from the movie will be present in this house!

Aaaaah.... massive perhaps, but not the largest! But there is a bit of a surprise: Word is, a scene that has been cut from the movie will be present in this house!

Interesting info about the 'surprise' scene. I can imagine Universal will allocate a substantial budget to this house, to promote the movie.

I wonder, since I heard Universal is the producer, if they have access to any of the set pieces that were actually used. Not certain about agreements between the companies, but I would assume the group that produced it would want the house to be awesome to promote the movie.

"While Dracula Untold will reveal the origin story of the man who became Dracula, our ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ maze will invite guests to experience the atrocities Dracula imposed on his victims in the most frightening and immersive way possible."
So there just promoting the movie basically by adding a couple scenes from the movie into the house. Fine with me if it's a good house, movie will probably get like 30% on Rotten Tomatoes though.

This house will probably end up like Wolfman - pretty solid adaptation of the source material with embellishments to allow for the house medium; high quality sets and costumes, decent enough scares. In other words, middle of the pack.

If they can come close to Dracula: Legacy of Blood back in 09 I'll be ecstatic. That house was stellar.

the problem with this is the problem that some of the houses last year had like CiTW or RE, Huge rooms with just 2 actors in them.
Yeah the rooms were great, but having a couple of actors per room wasn't that great. Look at how they had to add extra people for resident Evil because of how empty the first and last rooms felt.

Universal always goes all out for their own studio tie-in houses. But it'll be tough to measure up to the last Dracula house, which is one of the best of the past 5 years.

I tried giving this a second chance but there is just nothing really cool about it. it's just not that good at all(nothing really redeeming)

I have to disagree. I thought the sets were very elaborate and there was a fair amount of scares. Its wasn't the best house, but I felt it was a solid offering.

if the sets are what matter then okay, I wish we could take our time and see everything and take pics like a museum, but as a house it's kind of boring

I went into this house not expecting much at all but was pleasantly suprised! The sets were good and I got a decent amount of scares. Now does it make me want to go see the movie? Nope, not at all. Will I go through this again if I have time? Eh, probably. The most forgettable house this year but still overall not too bad.

Controversial opinion here but the most forgettable house in my opinion was alien vs predator. Maybe it was the first house I hit or lack of scares but I just didn't care about it. Besides the puppets there were no stand out scenes or scares that made me remember it. Besides the egg room (witch was super lame) it was same looking room after same looking room. Dracula atleast had the arrow scene and some cool deaths to remember

Last edited:
I found that Dracula lacked action, sets were good though. I am interested in seeing the movie, though, to me, it seems that it is historical fantasy rather than horror.

for me ----- this house was GREAT... reasons? when i arrived at the event this house was at the bottom of my to do list... due to wait times i ended up doing this house sooner than i anticipated and ha very low expectations for it (probably why it was so great).. The sets.. village on fire... the smell of the burning wood... and the scare-actors motivation to give a good scare worked fine with me.. i was scared (surprised) more in this house than other houses that people are putting up their charts. but again, this might have just been a small percentage of time where the house was running the way universal envisioned it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dracula atleast had the arrow scene and some cool deaths to remember

This scene was great!

Funny story. So the white statues at the beginning of the house. I knew the second one on the left with the cracked face was an actor because they have gotten me before. The one on the right side just before it I have never seen move in my 3 visits previous. It looked so good and I like touching stuff in the house. So I reach out and just as I poke it in the belly it lunges at me and then stares me down as I walk away. I must have looked like a deer in the headlights because I really thought that one was a real statue.

Fun fact: this house contained scenes from the Director's Cut of the film that aren't in the theatrical release.

Was going to say, saw movie Wednesday, went through house again last night--and most of the house isn't in the movie. No gypsy camp, no big fire that I can recall. Meanwhile house has no Vampire Tywin! So odd given Uni's normal faithfulness to an IP.