Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you shoot with?

I read about the GH4 just yesterday. Looks like an amazing camera

Hey guys, I want to buy a camera that records good video to make short movies and vlogs. What's the best camera for this? I was looking to spend no more than $250.

I don't understand all this lens talk, I just want a good simple camera/camcorder.

Last edited:
I mean, if you're just looking for something cheap, the best is to just go with a simple Point and Shoot camera. Most of them have 1080p capabilities so it'll get the job done for vlogs and such.

Does anyone have any tips on using a GoPro? Which settings are best for what, accessories, how best to take ride films, and how not to get called a dork for wearing a head strap specifically?

Hey guys, I want to buy a camera that records good video to make short movies and vlogs. What's the best camera for this? I was looking to spend no more than $250.

I don't understand all this lens talk, I just want a good simple camera/camcorder.
I mean, if you're just looking for something cheap, the best is to just go with a simple Point and Shoot camera. Most of them have 1080p capabilities so it'll get the job done for vlogs and such.

What Brian said. And to add to his thoughts you can also get some decent video with any of the top cell phones out these days so if you have one already I wouldn't waste the money to carry a second device that will record just as good as the new Iphone or Samsung Galaxy 5

Which ones do you recommend? I've done my research online but I rather get opinions from here.

For example, I like the picture quality of the Tim Tracker vlogs. However, nowhere does it say which camera he uses.

I have some great pictures to share with you all. How do I upload my pictures onto here from my camera? Please and thankyou.

I have some great pictures to share with you all. How do I upload my pictures onto here from my camera? Please and thankyou.

Use photo bucket or another photo sharing website. You can then Youtube a how to video on how to upload photos to a message board such as this if need be.

Just pulled the trigger on a Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART series lens and can't wait to start shooting with this lens. :happy:

You should have some fun with that for sure.

I shoot using a Canon 5D mkIII. My favorite lens is my 16-35L 2.8, followed by my 70-200L 2.8. I also have a 28mm 1.8, but I rarely use it.

I mostly shoot video on my camera, but I love getting some great photos as well. Take a look at my flickr if interested!

Here's a link to my Diagon Alley Grand Opening set, as well.

I shoot using a Canon 5D mkIII. My favorite lens is my 16-35L 2.8, followed by my 70-200L 2.8. I also have a 28mm 1.8, but I rarely use it.

I mostly shoot video on my camera, but I love getting some great photos as well. Take a look at my flickr if interested!

Great shots buddy, you should add some to the OU photo threads

Some seriously great shots and judging by some looks like you get some pretty nice media access :cheers:

- - - Updated - - -

Great shots buddy, you should add some to the OU photo threads

I agree. Would love to see some more of your photos from around the parks as well as from around other places.

67C39C34-148F-4396-BFD4-3C65DACE8C2E_zpsqeh6s2s8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I just use my iPhone 6 Plus when I go to the parks, sometimes I like to use my point and shoot, but my phone is faster :lol:

judging by some looks like you get some pretty nice media access

No special access, just happen to be in the right place at the right time. I mean, I have an employee badge (third party employee-- seasonal at Blue Man Group), so I was able to waltz in ahead of the crowds during the Diagon Alley grand opening, so that was nice.

Other than that event, I don't think I've ever gone to the parks specifically for photos. I have a quadcopter, though, and have been thinking about flying over the Kongstruction (not directly over it, just sending the quadcopter up from across the street would be enough).

I think I just like getting photos that are difficult to find. As in, you can find a million photos of the dragon spewing fire all over Google images, but there aren't many out there that have the confetti flying around from the grand opening.

And thanks for the good words!

No special access, just happen to be in the right place at the right time. I mean, I have an employee badge (third party employee-- seasonal at Blue Man Group), so I was able to waltz in ahead of the crowds during the Diagon Alley grand opening, so that was nice.

Other than that event, I don't think I've ever gone to the parks specifically for photos. I have a quadcopter, though, and have been thinking about flying over the Kongstruction (not directly over it, just sending the quadcopter up from across the street would be enough).

I think I just like getting photos that are difficult to find. As in, you can find a million photos of the dragon spewing fire all over Google images, but there aren't many out there that have the confetti flying around from the grand opening.

And thanks for the good words!

How about the golf photos? I live literally 2 miles from PGA National and have been wanting to go to the Honda and get some photos but everyone keeps telling me they are super strict with bringing any in.

The Diagon ones are fantastic and def one of a kind. Not many were there to photograph like that

Id love t get a quad but at this point i barely have money in the budget for new lenses, plus i can imagine my wifes reaction if i told her I wanted on :lol:

Last edited:
Haha @ the quadcopter comment.

I'm a freelance television camera operator and my main client is PGA Tour. I like bringing my DSLR to the events and snapping some photos when I have a minute.

You can definitely get some photos at the Honda, but only during the practice rounds (Monday-Wednesday). Cameras are banned once the tournament begins.

My brother lived in Loxahatchee for a couple years until recently. It's nice down there near PGA National, but I don't know about that traffic... or home prices... ouch.

On topic, is anyone in this thread on Instagram? Is it against the rules to post our usernames?

Last edited: