Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you shoot with?

Haha @ the quadcopter comment.

I'm a freelance television camera operator and my main client is PGA Tour. I like bringing my DSLR to the events and snapping some photos when I have a minute.

You can definitely get some photos at the Honda, but only during the practice rounds (Monday-Wednesday). Cameras are banned once the tournament begins.

My brother lived in Loxahatchee for a couple years until recently. It's nice down there near PGA National, but I don't know about that traffic... or home prices... ouch.

On topic, is anyone in this thread on Instagram? Is it against the rules to post our usernames?

Thanks, thats good to know about the practice rounds. Might have to check it out next year.

There might be an Instagram thread on here where you can post your name as well but shouldn't be a problem posting it here as well.

Prices are crazy down here, easily in the 300s for and average size house in a decent neighborhood around my next of the wood, forget looking in PGA National or any of the other upper scale neighborhoods though :lol: . Some of the home prices in the area your brother lived at are crazy expensive since its all the rage to move out west where it is quiet and a ton of property.

I've always wanted to try my hand at golf photography, though mostly just of the holes and courses, but I've only really snuck a few pictures on holes that share the golf cart path with a common walking path with one actually coming out nicely (at Orange Lake).

Mike, enjoy that ART lens, I've been drooling at the thought of those since they came out!

I've always wanted to try my hand at golf photography, though mostly just of the holes and courses, but I've only really snuck a few pictures on holes that share the golf cart path with a common walking path with one actually coming out nicely (at Orange Lake).

Mike, enjoy that ART lens, I've been drooling at the thought of those since they came out!

Dude this lens is drool worth. So far the best lens ive used.

I'm learning that golf photography, like golf itself, takes a lot of patience and timing. Course photography can be a crap shoot, but some of the best shots are super early or right around dusk. So you really have to plan out your shots.

I have a photo I grabbed early, early in the morning on the Saturday of Bay Hill a couple weeks ago that I absolutely love. A colleague had said she saw Arnold Palmer walking his dog the previous morning, and apparently it was something he did daily. Sure, a million people walk their dogs every day, but there aren't a million Arnold Palmer's. So I got up early on a day where I would've happily slept in a couple hours any other week. I went to the media center and waited for Mr. Palmer to walk by. Like clockwork, at 730a Arnie began his stroll wearing sweatpants, a haines v-neck shirt (tucked into his boxers) and a Rolex watch. I snapped off a couple photos of "The King" and his dog.

11080875_10153179443623259_1950996125276942907_o.jpg

After shooting with an old Sigma 75-300 lens that has seen better days I had enough and ended up getting this Tamron lens about a month ago. To say I am happy with this lens would be an under statement, such a great lens and optically a huge upgrade from the crap I was using before. It reviews almost as well as the Sony G version of the lens but for half the cost and totally worth it. I used it a ton while at Busch Gardens a few weeks ago and it hardly left my camera bu that in part has a lot to do with how wide open BGT is and a longer lens is well suited there.

http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-70-300...&qid=1431693308&sr=1-1&keywords=TAMRON+70-300

A few photos I took with it while at BGT

In the Jungle, The Mighty Jungle by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Shiekra by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

White Tiger by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Cheetah Run by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Cheetah Hunt by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Pretty in Pink by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

I just got the Tamron 70-300 (Nikon version), based partly on your mini-review. I wanted to move up from the Nikon 55-200. I haven't had much chance to play with it yet, but it's leaps and bounds better than the 55-200 (which, to be fair, I paid less than $100 for refurbished). I did remove a little CA on this photo, but it's wide open at 270mm.

DSC_3422 by awhenUO, on Flickr

I just got the Tamron 70-300 (Nikon version), based partly on your mini-review. I wanted to move up from the Nikon 55-200. I haven't had much chance to play with it yet, but it's leaps and bounds better than the 55-200 (which, to be fair, I paid less than $100 for refurbished). I did remove a little CA on this photo, but it's wide open at 270mm.

DSC_3422 by awhenUO, on Flickr

Awesome :thumbs: Im happy with mines of far, focus could me a little quicker but part of the problem is my camera itself, my A99 isn't exactly known for its fast focus :lol: . Before I got it I almost pulled the trigger on the Sony 70-300G lens, retails for $900 and had found someone who was selling it half off but ended up backing out after spending money already on the Sigma 35mm Art lens I got. That is when I saw the Tamron had some reviews that put it pretty close to the Sony lens for half the price and dug around to find a copy that was selling for a price I couldn't pass up.

Recently purchased the DJI Ronin-M and couldn't be happier with the purchase! :happy:
I can run full tilt and this thing stays steady. Gonna make for some nice shots in my videography work.
Here's a brief sample of some footage a friend and I shot. This was the first real test I did with the rig and would never use this much of a gimbal in one video, but it'll give you an idea of what it can do.
https://vimeo.com/129053556

http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m

Recently purchased the DJI Ronin-M and couldn't be happier with the purchase! :happy:
I can run full tilt and this thing stays steady. Gonna make for some nice shots in my videography work.
Here's a brief sample of some footage a friend and I shot. This was the first real test I did with the rig and would never use this much of a gimbal in one video, but it'll give you an idea of what it can do.
https://vimeo.com/129053556

http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m

That thing is pretty slick and the video is amazingly steady. I want to get a gopro next year just for video, mostly of the kids and things like that

In a place such as a theme park with so many gorgeous window displays, I am surprised to have never heard of anyone using a polarizing filter to remove all reflections and glare. Is it possible that none of you own such a filter?

In a place such as a theme park with so many gorgeous window displays, I am surprised to have never heard of anyone using a polarizing filter to remove all reflections and glare. Is it possible that none of you own such a filter?

I do own one, I just honestly never thought about using it for a window display :lol:

Yeah, it is an easy way to erase that fat hairy guy and two dufus 12yos from the picture. A virtually impossible task in PS. :wink:

Those guys are leaning against the window eating butterbeer ice cream. Filter doesn't help that.

Good ones are expensive, and bad ones range from not filtering well to actually being detrimental. I bought a $15 one with decent reviews and while it did work well as a polarizing filter, it also knocked off about 2/3rds of a stop and made everything fuzzy. I have one good one that I got super-discounted, but the thread size is for my 11-16mm lens and I seldom carry the filter around.

It's also really fun to reach around the lens hood to spin the filter around while looking through the viewfinder and accidentally put a large fingerprint on the filter instead of touching the ring.

Just picked up 2 new lenses to add to my arsenal. Got back my beloved fisheye, this time got the Rokinon 12mm fisheye since my older one wasn't full frame compatible. Amazing how sharp and optically great that lens is. Also picked up a Rokinon 85mm f1.4 lens, mostly for portrait work but finding its also a pretty sharp lens, it is manual so for portraits not a big deal.