Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you shoot with?

Thanks, guys! The lens will actually arrive in 3-4 weeks, but that's alright. I'm looking forward to the challenge of this new equipment, especially the lack of auto-focus :look: :lol:

After studying photography for a few years and then seriously falling out of love with it and selling all my camera equipment (goodbye, D90), I wanna get back into it so I just purchased the Sony RX100 this week. Haven't done anything serious with it yet, but so far I really like it. Takes really nice photos, very fast and compact enough for me to take around with me everyday, which is one of the massive negatives with my D90.

I've also switched to Aperture for my photo storage/pre-Photoshop adjustments. So far, so good.

Bought this bad boy yesterday along with a fluid video head. It was a much needed upgrade from my flimsy cheap tripod.
I shoot a lot of video and with this head I can achieve such smooth pans and tilts. I find myself just constantly wanting to play around with it even if I'm not shooting anything.

man_213_453_1.jpg_1.jpg

a020842cc442adc6767ff5234ddbef46.jpg

Last edited:
Canon T5i

50MM 1.2L
16-35MM 2.8L
55-200MM

Looking at adding a Carl Zeiss Lens and a full frame camera to the bunch within the next 12-18 months.

Bought this bad boy yesterday along with a fluid video head. It was a much needed upgrade from my flimsy cheap tripod.
I shoot a lot of video and with this head I can achieve such smooth pans and tilts. I find myself just constantly wanting to play around with it even if I'm not shooting anything.

man_213_453_1.jpg_1.jpg

a020842cc442adc6767ff5234ddbef46.jpg

:thumbs:

So since selling my Rokinon fisheye when I got rid of my A55 ive been pretty much wide angle/fisheye less for the past month and we cant have that now can we, lol. I had to decide between two lenses, the first being the Rokinon 14mm which isnt really a fisheye but a wide angle lens. The second was a Zenitar 16mm fisheye. The fisheye won out after reading Tom Bricker's review and how it has some characteristics that are pretty identical with the Rokinon fisheye I used to have. Another sellign point was the lens was only $225 so very affordable. Should have it here tomorrow and just in time for our Universal trip this weekend coming up.

Zenitar fisheye update.

So a few of you knew I ordered this Zentiar fisheye lens last week and yesterday it finally arrived. The excitement quickly wore off relatively quickly after un-boxing it. I knew I was in for a rough ride when I go to put the lens on MY a99 and it just didn't fell like it went on right and felt like it kept wanting to snag on something. So i go to take it off and when I couldn't get it off I went from excited to panic mode in an instant. Lucky for me the way this lens is made I was unabel to unscrew the actual lens body itself which left the amount adapter still on my camera. The adapter just screws onto the lens, I figure it was there cheap way of only having to make one lens but then cheap little adapters for different mounts. So after a little fidgeting with it I was able to get the mount itself off and breath a sigh of relief. I look at the adapter closer and I noticed the little brass connectors that end up touching the pin inside the camera were sticking up a little higher on one side versus the other and when I tired to put the adapter on to get a better idea of the problem, could see those connectors where getting snagged on the pins, no beuno. So at that point I had enough, boxed it up, contacted the seller and shipped it back to them faster than I had gotten it. Once I get my refund im turning around and going to spend the little bit extra and get the Rokinon 14mm UWA, which I should have gotten to begin with last week during the sale. Lesson learned

So now that the Zenitar mess is gone I just order the Rokinon 14mm UWA so ill have it this weekend for Universal :thumbs:

I would be in full on panic mode if I couldn't get a lens off, yikes!

Those new Rokinon lenses though...definitely want!

I was beyond panic mode at that point. I was so worried about messing up my camera but luckily that POS unscrewed from the adapter and saved me. I messed around with the new lens on my lunch break but haven't dove in too deep with it yet. That will be this weekend :thumbs: