Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's my opinion on it all, Nintendo doesn't deserve a mish mash land, it deserves a giant section of mini lands based on popular properties. All with some sort of ride or attraction in them, like pavilions at Epcot. Could the kidzone are hold that? Maybe, there's just an overwhelming amount of things you can do here and I think it would be better to wait for a 3rd park where they can have all the space in the world to do it

Here's my opinion on it all, Nintendo doesn't deserve a mish mash land, it deserves a giant section of mini lands based on popular properties. All with some sort of ride or attraction in them, like pavilions at Epcot. Could the kidzone are hold that? Maybe, there's just an overwhelming amount of things you can do here and I think it would be better to wait for a 3rd park where they can have all the space in the world to do it

I agree and hope it would be utilized more than just an "all star" type land. In reality they can use Nintendo properties for many different lands and if different parks. The possibilities are endless really

One franchise that I definitely think would translate well into theme park format is Star Fox. Could basically be Uni's equivalent to Star Tours over at Disney. Strap the guests down onto a motion-based vehicle and throw them into an aerial dog fight in space, complete with cheesy voice acting. :p The series has been on hiatus for awhile but Nintendo is bringing it back on the Wii U, and I believe Mr. Moto said he considers 2015 to be the "Year of Star Fox".

Been registered here for awhile, usually just lurk, but first post!

While not as relevant now, in the early 90's Mario was more recognizable to kids than Mickey Mouse in America. Click for source (#15) While I'm certain that is no longer the case today I think it shows there is huge potential in Mario among other Nintendo franchises.

The merch potential alone will be huge.

As far as attractions go though, one of the challenges I think may be the fact that many of Nintendo's prominent characters don't talk, or at least not much. Most just kind of make little noises like grunts and such. I'm not sure how that would play out in an attraction, whether they would give some of these characters voices, or if they would find a way to translate the games into a ride in a way that the characters not talking much (if at all) would be alright. I would love to see a Zelda ride, but Link (or any characters in that franchise for the matter) have never talked to my knowledge so I have a hard time imagining a ride where the main characters have no speaking role. Mario says a few words and has a dedicated voice actor so I suppose they could expand his vocabulary if need be and wouldn't be too weird. Maybe I just have no imagination! Either way if done right, and with UNI's track record as of late it would, Nintendo themed areas could be great and look beautiful.

Also, Nintendo is notorious for keeping things close to the chest. Nintendo is the only game company I can think of that has had no major leaks in regards to game development. It is very rare for things to "leak" from Nintendo. If any attractions or attraction themes were to leak it would likely be from Uni's side of things I'd imagine. There are running memes in the gaming community about Nintendo ninjas silencing anyone that dares speak of what they're up to because they have been so secretive and successful at preventing things from leaking especially in this day and age.

Can't wait to see what comes out of this!

Last edited:
This is the equivalent of the day that the Miami Heat signed Lebron James. With Nintendo and Universal working together, its a good bet that Miyamoto will be involved too. I've always pictured the Mushroom Kingdom in a theme park looking like this. Starts at about the 45 second mark.

[video=youtube;MhCZ0uAkreY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhCZ0uAkreY[/video]

Also, Nintendo is notorious for keeping things close to the chest. Nintendo is the only game company I can think of that has had no major leaks in regards to game development.

Well, there's Smash Bros.....

1avyxRy.jpg

SSB4Leak01.jpg

And now more recently, people have discovered files for possible DLC characters (http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32nymz/smash_update_106_decrypted_first_observations/), those being Ryu from Street Fighter and returning Melee veteran Roy from Fire Emblem. So yeah, lot of leaks happens with this series, haha.

Well, there's Smash Bros.....

And now more recently, people have discovered files for possible DLC characters (http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32nymz/smash_update_106_decrypted_first_observations/), those being Ryu from Street Fighter and returning Melee veteran Roy from Fire Emblem. So yeah, lot of leaks happens with this series, haha.

Well alright I'm sure there are some cases, but keep in mind, Latest Smash Bros. was developed in partnership with Namco. It wasn't an entirely internal project. If you can find any info on what Retro Studios is working on, what the next Mario title will be, the plot of the next Zelda, let me know! :p

Last edited:
My major problem with this Nintendo idea is that we're dealing with a big brand without a cohesive theming. If Universal builds a Nintendo Land, it will end up being the new Marvel Super Hero Island with tacky and cheap decorations all around the place. As a replacement of the Kidzone, Bikini Bottom could be soooo much better! The show has a worldwide family-friendly caracter, iconic dining locations and MANY oportunities for differents rides and shows. The only pro that I can see in Nintendo is the merchandise revenue.

Follow up question: what does this mean for HHN going forward?

They probably still need the parade building, but it's been widely assumed that when the MIB plot gets used the tents go. HHN could potentially be losing 3 house locations next year, it's gonna have to go 2 parks eventually.

My major problem with this Nintendo idea is that we're dealing with a big brand without a cohesive theming. If Universal builds a Nintendo Land, it will end up being the new Marvel Super Hero Island with tacky and cheap decorations all around the place. As a replacement of the Kidzone, Bikini Bottom could be soooo much better! The show has a worldwide family-friendly caracter, iconic dining locations and MANY oportunities for differents rides and shows. The only pro that I can see in Nintendo is the merchandise revenue.

Not true at all. In that case you make "mini-lands" that are self contained. One for Mario, one for Zelda, etc.

They probably still need the parade building, but it's been widely assumed that when the MIB plot gets used the tents go. HHN could potentially be losing 3 house locations next year, it's gonna have to go 2 parks eventually.

The Parade Building, in all honesty, is a shed that could me moved easily to the backstage area of whatever's new.

The tents would go.

HHN's future is an...interesting dilemma, that's for sure.

I'm expecting something really innovative with interactivity. That's what makes video games unique from other forms of media and Nintendo themselves are the innovators lately.

I've heard that next year HHN is going to be in two parks anyways, so they spread out the crowds. I think part of the reason they didn't do it this year was Kongstruction. At least that's what I've heard anyway.

I know this is jumping the gun, but if they remove E.T. as part of this, I'll be EXTREMELY disappointed. It's basically the only opening day ride left at USF, it's the only classic dark ride (I guess a case could be made for MIB) in the park, and it's based on one of my favorite movies of all time. To see it go would really give the Nintendo expansion - which I'm otherwise all in favor of - a horribly sour note.

I understand that Universal needs/wants to keep the park fresh, but removing E.T. would be removing the last vestiges of the park I originally fell in love with when I first visited back in 1993.

The Parade Building, in all honesty, is a shed that could me moved easily to the backstage area of whatever's new.

The tents would go.

HHN's future is an...interesting dilemma, that's for sure.

Yeah, that is what I was trying to get at. I have to imagine they will not want to do a two park event as having both parks closed part 5pm will not be popular with day guests once all of these expansions are open. That being said, HHN does make them quite a pretty penny and people travel from out of state/country just to see the event every year. Given those two factors, what can they do?