Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to stay at Universal, but we are going for perhaps 23 nights...and I'd guess maybe 5 or 6 will actually be in the Universal Parks - Cabana Bay is appealing due to price, plus with going for that length of time express passes aren't really needed. But the pools at the Hard Rock and Portfonio are so tempting and would give us genuine relaxing time that we didn't have this time staying at Pointe Orlando...due to being at parks all day and not within walking distance.
We usually stay at Portofino. Love the ambiance & pools. Last time we spent 5 nights of our two weeks at Universal at Cabana. It exceeded our expectations. Don't sell their pools short. they're as good as the other resorts, especially coupled with the lazy river. CBBR is a really nice resort, especially for the money.

Reactions: UAN17
Ok, some of you are going to complain about this post being so vague, but I must to protect certain sources, yet I thought it important to give you a sense of what is going on behind the scenes. The promenade and building 32B as well as other outside "support" is smoking if not on fire right now and people are a bit - s t r e t c h e d.

Now, much of what is causing so much smoke is happening outside of the United States, but it is all being developed at UOR by UC.

One of the specific items I heard about will cause some of you loyal peeps to have a cow as it partially hacked from a previous and major IOA concept that was never realized. We shall see.

From Orlando, a major coming attraction has been getting a few minor and yet consequential tweaks that is causing a few some really really big headaches. UC appears to be going for perfection, that, or they have become total a-holes. :)

The final thing was tossed at me like a rag, yet it is Wall Street Journal big. I was shocked (sort of). It is unannounced and not happening in the USA. Sorry.

One of the specific items I heard about will cause some of you loyal peeps to have a cow as it partially hacked from a previous and major IOA concept that was never realized. We shall see.

For this part of your vague post, I, at first reading, assume this is the Jurassic Park flying coaster, but it could be a bunch of other things, helicopter tour, Van Halen ride, Grinch coaster...

Ok, some of you are going to complain about this post being so vague, but I must to protect certain sources, yet I thought it important to give you a sense of what is going on behind the scenes. The promenade and building 32B as well as other outside "support" is smoking if not on fire right now and people are a bit - s t r e t c h e d.

Now, much of what is causing so much smoke is happening outside of the United States, but it is all being developed at UOR by UC.

From Orlando, a major coming attraction has been getting a few minor and yet consequential tweaks that is causing a few some really really big headaches. UC appears to be going for perfection, that, or they have become total a-holes. :)

The final thing was tossed at me like a rag, yet it is Wall Street Journal big. I was shocked (sort of). It is unannounced and not happening in the USA. Sorry.

1.) Beijing concepts and work?
2.) Dino flying coaster at USJ?
3.) Fallon?
4.) hmmmm

Hmm, I'm guessing that big castle in the Universal Beijing concept art is Van Helsing. Only thing I can think of that would wear UC thin. Is that KUKA/Dynamic exclusivity contract still in effect?

Yeah, some of you are close... but I cannot say as I don't know how many know about it. I would say this is under 50 but I won't release anything until I am sure well over 100 are working on a project. Ain't that far along yet from my perspective. I will tell you that the old IOA idea is being paired with a very familiar, yet different IP that has already been created as an attraction. Despite the Tranformers near absolute duplicates (example only), UC is changing up a realized idea yet again.

Reactions: Frogki
Orlando Theme Park News has an article on Universal expansion rumors today. The one rumor has a new attraction building going up next to MIB on that expansion plot. The other has SF being changed to LA for the F&F attraction replacing Disaster. They also theorize BJ moving & replacing Fear Factor. Some of the same as present OU discussions.

@ Teebin.....Just don't come back 6 months from now and say I told you so. Because I have no idea what you are saying.:saywhat:

This is making me think another KUKA attraction of some kind... the "duplicate" being Forbidden Journey. Jurassic Park-centered KUKA, i.e. the "Helicoptours?"

@ Teebin.....Just don't come back 6 months from now and say I told you so. Because I have no idea what you are saying.:saywhat:

Marty,

My only point was to let all of the fans here know that they are far and away busier in UC than we had previously imagined, to the point of ridiculous. That is/was the point of my post. Do you understand that???

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this part & parcel why Universal was advertising for more creative/engineering positions a month or so ago?

Highly likely... I mean really highly likely to the point of stupid. And not just UC. There are a few places one with degrees and talent could walk into and set their dreams in motion right now. Just don't get comfortable. This is a mega spurt... only the leaders will survive.

Reactions: ThreePack Shagur
Rumored Upgrades :

Studio's
Twister to Fallon
Disaster to Fast and Furious
Betelgeuse To move to Fear Factor .
Kidzone to Nintendo
MIB to ????????
Terminator 2 to (new Terminator if it does well at box office)

IOA
MSHI upgrade Hulk
MSHI remove DOOM and Fantastic Four cafe (maybe storm force Too)
Upgrade, remodel that whole area (Avengers seem to be no brainer)
Toon Lagoon Theater to anything useful .(Marvel stage Show ? )
Jurassic Park more Jurassic World Theme (smash hit at box office have too)
Chris Pratt holding back Raptors Photo Op anyone .......
Lost Continent Have to do something here .....

Did I miss anything in the parks
Left out hotels and water park.
also Wet and Wild property

Last edited:
Reactions: wizwit
Or KUKA for Avengers, which would be a no brainer, IMO

That could also work. I guessed Helicoptours because he mentioned people would be "upset" because it was a tweaked original idea... but in terms of space, yeah, Avengers seems more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.