Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, something referred to as the "Former Lakewood Pond Parcel" is now be given to Universal for other development purposes.

If you had posted this a week ago, I would have been so baffled. Of course, now we know that the pond will remain and only the outter rim developed. The years of thought here is astounding.

New permit for interior renovations for Building 64A, which I think is somewhere in Potter?

Project 263

Screenshot%202015-07-07%20at%201.34.06%20PM_zps6qn6f4mf.png

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Looking to book another trip from the UK, if not for late next year, then early/ late 2017. Obviously with International flights the earlier you book the better; which is always a risk when you want to go on the new rides. Just a few questions for those in the know

- Will Volcano Bay be open by May 2017?

- Will there be anything new as of yet unannounced other than Kong and the twister replacement? (Not after exact details, just on if I should expect a new attraction in the parks to open sometime in 2017, as it may defer my visit)

Difficult to judge, we'd hate to miss out by a few months!

Last edited:
Looking to book another trip from the UK, if not for late next year, then early/ late 2017. Obviously with International flights the earlier you book the better; which is always a risk when you want to go on the new rides. Just a few questions for those in the know

- Will Volcano Bay be open by May 2017?

- Will there be anything new as of yet unannounced other than Kong and the twister replacement? (Not after exact details, just on if I should expect a new attraction in the parks to open sometime in 2017, as it may defer my visit)

Difficult to judge, we'd hate to miss out by a few months!
1. More than likely.
2. Fast and Furious has been rumored to open in 2017 but it probably won't be until the holidays.

1. More than likely.
2. Fast and Furious has been rumored to open in 2017 but it probably won't be until the holidays.

Thanks for the reply.

Having such bad withdrawal symptoms from Orlando this year I can't help but get excited for the next visit, so I'm eager to book and get it set in stone :)

Reactions: Mad Dog
Thanks for the reply.

Having such bad withdrawal symptoms from Orlando this year I can't help but get excited for the next visit, so I'm eager to book and get it set in stone :)
I hear you. Same is happening here. Diagon/London withdrawal is tough, not to mention the entire Universal experience.

Reactions: UAN17
I hear you. Same is happening here. Diagon/London withdrawal is tough, not to mention the entire Universal experience.

The atmosphere and the excitement walking to city walk from the parking lot...I just love it. But I love most of the park offerings in Orlando so it's a tough decision deciding where to stay next time we go.

Nothing beats the excitement of going on a new ride though, so I'm hopeful of a new 2017 attraction at Universal when I go :)

Reactions: Brian G.
New permit for interior renovations for Building 64A, which I think is somewhere in Potter?

Project 263

I don't know exactly which building this is but hopefully its the renovation of that owl shop queue area into additional queue area for the ice cream shop and/or into an extension of the shop next door.

The atmosphere and the excitement walking to city walk from the parking lot...I just love it. But I love most of the park offerings in Orlando so it's a tough decision deciding where to stay next time we go.

Nothing beats the excitement of going on a new ride though, so I'm hopeful of a new 2017 attraction at Universal when I go :)
You really need to stay on site if it's economically possible. The ease of movement between the parks & resorts can't be described in words alone. Relaxation & leisure are the order of the day.

I am looking forward to experiencing Diagon Alley when i go in Sept :D
Unbelievably, it will exceed your expectations. The totality of the experience will blow you away. It's that good! And, with the connection with Hogsmeade, via the HE, Train Stations, and new themed entrance to Hogsmeade, it's like it's one gigantic land or park.

You really need to stay on site if it's economically possible. The ease of movement between the parks & resorts can't be described in words alone. Relaxation & leisure are the order of the day.

I really want to stay at Universal, but we are going for perhaps 23 nights...and I'd guess maybe 5 or 6 will actually be in the Universal Parks - Cabana Bay is appealing due to price, plus with going for that length of time express passes aren't really needed. But the pools at the Hard Rock and Portfonio are so tempting and would give us genuine relaxing time that we didn't have this time staying at Pointe Orlando...due to being at parks all day and not within walking distance.

I really want to stay at Universal, but we are going for perhaps 23 nights...and I'd guess maybe 5 or 6 will actually be in the Universal Parks - Cabana Bay is appealing due to price, plus with going for that length of time express passes aren't really needed. But the pools at the Hard Rock and Portfonio are so tempting and would give us genuine relaxing time that we didn't have this time staying at Pointe Orlando...due to being at parks all day and not within walking distance.

Cabana Bay has two decent pools and a lazy river....won't the new hotel be open by then? I imagine it's price point would be between deluxe and Cabana.

I believe UOR/Loews allows resort guest to use any resort's pool, just not something we've ever tried as we have tended to use what the resort we were staying at offered.

But regardless of where we have stayed, we have had such a relaxing time as all the current rooms are just so close to the parks.

Cabana Bay has two decent pools and a lazy river....won't the new hotel be open by then? I imagine it's price point would be between deluxe and Cabana.

I believe UOR/Loews allows resort guest to use any resort's pool, just not something we've ever tried as we have tended to use what the resort we were staying at offered.

But regardless of where we have stayed, we have had such a relaxing time as all the current rooms are just so close to the parks.

As much as I know it'll be relaxing, and how much I love the 2 parks, we will be seeing lots more in orlando and on them days we won't really be getting the benefits of staying on site at Universal. It's just about weighing up the pros and cons.

Volcano bay could sway my decision, so long as it's open :)

Project 263

This is old, so I don't know if its accurate, but according to this it looks like somewhere around madame malkins. It could be, as suggested above, the owl room.

As much as I know it'll be relaxing, and how much I love the 2 parks, we will be seeing lots more in orlando and on them days we won't really be getting the benefits of staying on site at Universal. It's just about weighing up the pros and cons.

Volcano bay could sway my decision, so long as it's open :)

Oh, I understand coming over for such a long stay, I was more suggesting stay at UOR for the 5 or 6 nights that you planned to spend time at UNI.

I was thinking you were in Orlando for three weeks, if that is the case, personally, I would look into starting or ending at UOR, just get from the airport to the hotel as you wouldn't need a car while...heck, staying at UNI with a car gives pretty easy access to Sea World and even WDW...but me, I do not think I could stay anywhere for three weeks, so I would be changing hotels ever week or so anyway if I where to ever take such a long holiday...so really, I'm just clarifying that I was suggesting looking into stay on site for four or five days.

Status
Not open for further replies.