Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've heard, all off-site guest parking for Volcano Bay will take place on the first level of the south parking garage. Expect to see that level completely re-striped for added capacity. New toll booths will be added to both toll plazas, and the lanes will be slightly re-configured to accommodate the additional influx of vehicles. A new bus pick-up/drop-off area will be added on the backside of the first level of the south garage (the side facing Kirkman Rd.). New bus-only lanes will also be added, running along the perimeter of Universal's property from the south garage's new pick-up/drop off area to what's currently a retention pond on the south end of the Sapphire Falls plot. This retention pond will be re-purposed into the main bus drop off/pick-up area for Volcano Bay, with buses from the south garage as well as the on-site resorts dropping people off here. Access to the park from here will be via a tunnel/walkway that will run beneath the I4/Adventure Way ramps. Cabana Bay guests will have it easiest, being able to walk directly to the park from their resort.

Of course, all this could have changed over the last several months, but this was part of the plan at one point. No matter what though, you can expect some pretty major transportation improvements to start happening around the resort in the near future.

Also, look for Project 799 to start somewhat soon... the new Cabana Bay towers.

All great info, thanks. Great to hear about the transportation upgrades coming. Very necessary thanks to Universal's continued success

I'm very curious to see where the Cabana Bay towers would fit with all of the construction for Volcano Bay going on. I know @Teebin did a post a while back with a mockup of where they were planning on going.

Once again proving my adage, Universal knows how to build theme parks but not how to run them. Having to take a bus is going to severely impact the local market--just too much of a hassle. And buses will be overwhelmed when the Summer afternoon thunderstorms roll in quickly, park suddenly has to shut down.

So, all seems to stand as I first reported last June. I am mildly surprised that the towers are still going in... but a plan is a plan I guess. As these towers will be located on the Volcano Bay side of the service road, I wouldn't be surprised if they receive a similar name as the water park as they will be in the water park even if separated by a skinny-tall fence.

I'm very curious to see where the Cabana Bay towers would fit with all of the construction for Volcano Bay going on. I know @Teebin did a post a while back with a mockup of where they were planning on going.

This is what I put up last June:

towers_zpsb3ab6338.jpg

Wow Uni really are getting a wiggle on with things atm, wonder how long it will take them to get the new towers up.

Isn't it funny that the value resort will probably have the best views in all of Universal?

Once again proving my adage, Universal knows how to build theme parks but not how to run them. Having to take a bus is going to severely impact the local market--just too much of a hassle. And buses will be overwhelmed when the Summer afternoon thunderstorms roll in quickly, park suddenly has to shut down.

Is there a better solution for the transportation and parking issue? I'm sure they are making the wisest decision they can under the circumstance.

The plan with the buses in the parking garage taking guests to the water park sounds like a horrible idea. Build a parking garage on Wet n Wild or build a monorail system with stops at both parks, citywalk, the hotels and the water park.

If they ever began hanging cables high all over the resort, I would h a v e - a - c o w. :blank:

We're not hanging cables, we're erecting massive concrete beams and supports for that monorail I mentioned, which BTW would be narrated by Jimmy Fallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.